Mk4 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 03, 2007, 11:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magiKdub

I have a 2003 MK4 R32 Golf finished in reflex silver. Completely stock apart from upgraded sound system. I plan on an aftermarket exhaust and pod filter at some stage. Pics to follow.

Poonmobile

Welcome! Have you got a 3dr or 5dr? What are the details of your sound system?
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

2taxed

Hi there,

New to VW cars never owned one but just brought my 2003 R32 and love it.  Need to sort the roof out tho any ideas?

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 2taxed on August 27, 2014, 02:54:37 PM
Hi there,

New to VW cars never owned one but just brought my 2003 R32 and love it.  Need to sort the roof out tho any ideas?

Welcome.
It depends where in the country you live to who you would get to repair the headlining.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Poonmobile

Now with Miltek!
https://vimeo.com/113830034

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Frequency

Hey guys,

I thought I would share my progress with you guys as its a bit of an on going project. I picked up this in early October and started working on it straight away. Sorry for the crappy photo quality!

This is what it looked like when I first got it.

Soon after I started looking at getting some wheels for it. I ended up getting some 17" Advant Eco-motions.

Soon after I managed to get my hand on some Raceland Ultimos and got it to sit a little better.

At the moment, I'm looking at doing a few more things like going for a badgeless grill, an R32 kit and I'm wanting to tidy up the interior a bit because the doorcards are not in a great state at the moment. The fabric has come away from the card itself and looks pretty rank.

Either way I'm happy with the car and the progress so far! It's been fun!  ;D

Poonmobile

Current:
Past:

virus-zn

May not be every ones taste but heres mine from SO2012

:)

bawked

My mk4 r32

Stock aside from the black wheels, would like to turbo it at some point  >:D

Jettawagon

Well it looks as if I'm too late to this party. Here's a picture of my car to say I was here.

the phantom

Quote from: Jettawagon on September 26, 2015, 04:10:03 PM
Well it looks as if I'm too late to this party. Here's a picture of my car to say I was here.

is that an NZ car?  haven't seen any Jetta wagons here as all the MK4 wagons are Golf imports from Japan
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

Brett

Quote from: the phantom on September 26, 2015, 05:23:15 PM
is that an NZ car?  haven't seen any Jetta wagons here as all the MK4 wagons are Golf imports from Japan
I'd say not as it has front reflectors on the bumper, looks to be LHD and also be running airride
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

slowmo

wasn't there a Mk4 Golf wagon with a Bora front conversion in Akld a while back?
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

Dan93

Just picked up my first ever euro 99 mk4 gti standard apart from headunits only done 142ks only cost 3k fairly tidy apart from few rips on seats first car that has its entire service history going to be my daily and do a few mods like rims turbo back exhaust maybe ecu if I can do it on budget

jaydinob

Hey Guys,

Decently new to this Forums as i have purchased my Golf a couple months ago.

2000 Mk4 GTI
NZ New
166ks on body
140ks on engine

Had a couple things done to it.
-Lowered on Coilovers (not sure which ones)
-Different rims (not sure what they are) + oversized tyres (225 by 45)
-Had a full engine tune (not sure which stage)
-Boosting on 16psi
-Custom Carbon fibre pod filter cover
-Boost Gauge
-Forge BOV
-REMUS twin exhaust tips
-Tints all around, 35% rear and back passenger windows, not sure what % the front windows are.
-R32 Gear knob
-Sub for sick beats (needed) ;)
-Different Exhaust (not sure what it is but i know it's not stock haha)

Plans for new mods:
-Different Rims maybe Concaives or BBS
-Lowering a bit more
-Roof Racks
-Tinting brake lights
-Aftermarket headlights/LEDs
-KO3s or KO4 turbo, maybe an aftermarket one
-R32 Bumper (maybe)
-Front mount intercooler
-Retune on Engine
-Front strut bar
-R32 Leather Seats
-Spoiler
-New speakers (maybe more)
-Cat back exhaust (possibly)
-Might be after a new body kit
-Respray to a Gunmetal grey/blue
-Before engine retune might rebuild engine (not sure yet)

Planning on keeping this and turning it into a show car, as i don't see much mk4's at any show and shine type events.
If anyone has any info about this car that would be great as the old owner didn't know too much about it.

Also my little brother took these pictures, Let me know if you want some taken (located Auckland) as he is getting into photography and needs to build his portfolio and get his name out there.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4FDD-yEvqe3X21aTHUxbmp4OEk

Poonmobile

Current:
Past:

luckychum

I'll add some pics soon, but in November I picked up a blue 2001 V5 in Manual, 215,000 km.

Was a very cheap buy and is currently stock standard aside from the head unit. 

Despite it being cheap, it's in pretty good shape mechanically.  CV's are perfect, brakes are brand new, gearbox shifts well,  bearings and ball joints are solid, no oil leaks and it doesn't feel like many of the 170 horses have gone to the glue factory.  The main issues I have had are constant coolant leaks, which I have traced back to a busted thermostat housing gasket.  Does have a fairly jarring ride though, which I'd attribute to ancient bushes.

So far I have:

- Replaced a snapped Coolant hose
- Fitted a new breather hose
- Decontaminted, Cut, polished, sealed and waxed the paint work
- Fitted a JVC double DIN touch screen stereo
- New oil, gearbox oil, filters, cleaned throttle body and MAF

Tomorrow is a new thermostat housing, thermostat, crack pipe and water pump, plus complete coolant flush to stop my gearbox being constantly covered in G13.

Other things to fix
- Peeling clear coat on drivers mirror
- Respray bumpers, as both are looking pretty shabby
- Respray bonnet, as there is a strange sort of clear coat failure (Looks like something has been spilled on it)
- Refinish the standard Montreal II's and respray them grey (Only the LF one has any significant curbing thankfully)
- Touchup a few stone chips on fenders, doors and one on the roof.
- Renew all bushes
- New coils and plugs
- Car is running rich, so diagnose and fix, cleaned MAF and it still persists.  No vacuum leaks, so my guess is oxygen sensors.  Just waiting on my scan tool to arrive so I can get to work on it.

Clutch is slightly sticky, but should be good for a little while longer.

All but the bonnet are/will be DIY projects.

Don't really want to mod it much, but will paint the wood interior parts, fit a leather gear knob (As opposed to wood) and do a leather Recaro/leather Door card/heated seats retrofit if I can find some seats cheap enough.

So far I'm absolutely stoked with the car, love the sound and it definitely goes well, almost diesel-like torque.  Doesn't handle brilliantly, but I don't really think it's worth the spend trying to improve that.

It was only supposed to be a shed money run around, but I've grown to like it more than I ever liked my B5.5.

2003 Bora V6 4MOTION

2001 Golf V5 Manual

GLIDN

I would be inclined to say your MAF is gone burgers. Hence the poor fuel consumption.
Surprisingly, not much is required to make these handle really well. Even with the v5 upfront.

Quote from: luckychum on January 09, 2017, 11:48:38 PM
I'll add some pics soon, but in November I picked up a blue 2001 V5 in Manual, 215,000 km.

Was a very cheap buy and is currently stock standard aside from the head unit. 

Despite it being cheap, it's in pretty good shape mechanically.  CV's are perfect, brakes are brand new, gearbox shifts well,  bearings and ball joints are solid, no oil leaks and it doesn't feel like many of the 170 horses have gone to the glue factory.  The main issues I have had are constant coolant leaks, which I have traced back to a busted thermostat housing gasket.  Does have a fairly jarring ride though, which I'd attribute to ancient bushes.

So far I have:

- Replaced a snapped Coolant hose
- Fitted a new breather hose
- Decontaminted, Cut, polished, sealed and waxed the paint work
- Fitted a JVC double DIN touch screen stereo
- New oil, gearbox oil, filters, cleaned throttle body and MAF

Tomorrow is a new thermostat housing, thermostat, crack pipe and water pump, plus complete coolant flush to stop my gearbox being constantly covered in G13.

Other things to fix
- Peeling clear coat on drivers mirror
- Respray bumpers, as both are looking pretty shabby
- Respray bonnet, as there is a strange sort of clear coat failure (Looks like something has been spilled on it)
- Refinish the standard Montreal II's and respray them grey (Only the LF one has any significant curbing thankfully)
- Touchup a few stone chips on fenders, doors and one on the roof.
- Renew all bushes
- New coils and plugs
- Car is running rich, so diagnose and fix, cleaned MAF and it still persists.  No vacuum leaks, so my guess is oxygen sensors.  Just waiting on my scan tool to arrive so I can get to work on it.

Clutch is slightly sticky, but should be good for a little while longer.

All but the bonnet are/will be DIY projects.

Don't really want to mod it much, but will paint the wood interior parts, fit a leather gear knob (As opposed to wood) and do a leather Recaro/leather Door card/heated seats retrofit if I can find some seats cheap enough.

So far I'm absolutely stoked with the car, love the sound and it definitely goes well, almost diesel-like torque.  Doesn't handle brilliantly, but I don't really think it's worth the spend trying to improve that.

It was only supposed to be a shed money run around, but I've grown to like it more than I ever liked my B5.5.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

luckychum

Quote from: GLIDN on January 10, 2017, 07:44:10 AM
I would be inclined to say your MAF is gone burgers. Hence the poor fuel consumption.
Surprisingly, not much is required to make these handle really well. Even with the v5 upfront.

I've been researching the handling and have been tempted to go with the full TT front suspension swap, seems to resolve a lot of the geometry issues.  Just need to priotitise making it run properly first.  Would also love to bring out that sound a little bit more.

Actually suspecting the coolant temp sensor at the moment, put the new thermostat in today and it went in fine, but now the temperature gauge won't move.  The old one was pretty filthy, but I put it back in anyway ::).  Guess a Qualitat trip is in order tomorrow.  Would be great if it solves it, but otherwise time to look closer at the MAF.

Are MAF's still stupidly expensive?

2003 Bora V6 4MOTION

2001 Golf V5 Manual

faulty

Hi Guys,

I Just bought a Mk 4 GTI - Silver 1999 model.

It was a filthy mess with some paint fade and just generally dirty, it needs a front right wheel bearing or cv joint i am not sure yet.

It has a boot spoiler, Blow off valve and ABT back box and 16" BBS wheels

it's got 1 small tiny dent.

We also own a MK3 CSL and a MK5 GT and a caddy in SA

1988 Mk1 Caddy Sport 1.8
1999 Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T
2005 Mk5 Golf GT 2.0FSI