Mk4 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 03, 2007, 11:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.8t

Quote from: frogman62 on April 30, 2007, 03:27:33 PM
Hi
Just registered.
I have a 2003 R32, black and about to clock 30k. Had it since new, standard except for the K&N air filter. Plate: 32film

Saw your car this morning parked up the road from me, I think ive seen it around here quite a bit.

It looks very nice, I seem to appreciate the mk4 more now the mk5 is so common
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

Fizz

Quote from: E3xtc on March 21, 2007, 01:13:28 PM
the little mkIV in the garage:

absolutly stock 03 v6 4motion

No plans for mods - except for tints on the windows - cause damn the car gets hot!! :o

U live in Auckland?? I think i was driving next 2 u going onto the southern motorway on the khyber pass on ramp Yesterday at about 11:30am ish i was in the red GTi

Ms GTi

And could I have maybe spotted you (E3xtc) parked in the side street next to Lion Breweries off Khyber Pass yesterday about 2pm?

3DrMk4

Has anyone in Wellington spotted my old silver 3 door Mk4? I sold it around January and the guy was from Wellington. Still had the vask stickers on the side rear windows when it went.
I miss it so much!!

Just to jog yr memory, here it is...

schwing

Hello I have finally got the wife to approve the purchase my MK 4 golf GTI 20V. ;D Which was not hard once she got into the car and drove one. I found a 2003 model that has less than 25000kms on the clock. It purrs now I have a question whats the output(bhp) of my car. If you were the previous owner the car was bought in Wgtn. You will know it when you see the car.

Next question can anyone answer if the radio wave remote key for my car will need new batteries. As I cannot see an easy way to replace them.

Will keep it standard for now someone I knew said the car packs heaps under the hood with a brilliant handling capability. Nothing a Japanese vehicle can do so compactly. There is also plenty of room to upgrade as well.

I have hooked myself on the Golf bug.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: schwing on May 16, 2007, 06:49:45 PM
Hello I have finally got the wife to approve the purchase my MK 4 golf GTI 20V. ;D Which was not hard once she got into the car and drove one. I found a 2003 model that has less than 25000kms on the clock. It purrs now I have a question whats the output(bhp) of my car. If you were the previous owner the car was bought in Wgtn. You will know it when you see the car.

Next question can anyone answer if the radio wave remote key for my car will need new batteries. As I cannot see an easy way to replace them.

Will keep it standard for now someone I knew said the car packs heaps under the hood with a brilliant handling capability. Nothing a Japanese vehicle can do so compactly. There is also plenty of room to upgrade as well.

I have hooked myself on the Golf bug.

Being a 2003 it should be 180BHP, earlier Mk4 GTIs are 150BHP. Do you know what you engine code is?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

schwing

Thanks for the information. I'm pleasantly supprised as I was guessing it around that, how do you check for the engine number is it on the vin plate on the chassis??? How can you tell from looking at that number??

But if anyone knows if the remote ever needs battery changing can you please let me know.

-----

Quote from: schwing on May 16, 2007, 09:57:13 PM
Thanks for the information. I'm pleasantly supprised as I was guessing it around that, how do you check for the engine number is it on the vin plate on the chassis??? How can you tell from looking at that number??

But if anyone knows if the remote ever needs battery changing can you please let me know.

i take it you have a flick style transponder key
basically answer is yes it will need changing eventually, you might find one of these useful

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2457618

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1871676

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post?t=29703
2003 MK4 Jetta VR6 24V 4M S/C - Sold
1999 MK4 Golf GTI Oettinger - Sold

RS ZWEI

Quote from: schwing on May 16, 2007, 09:57:13 PM

You engine code should be AUQ or ARY if its a 180 BHP version.
Not to sure how to find out your engine code, it should be stamped into your block, maybe something in the drivers manual? A spec sticker or something?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

cao

Engine Code
I stamped on to a plate near the throttle body from memory it is a three letter code.
alternativly it will be on the sticker in the spare wheel well along with paint codes chassis etc.

Freezinghot

Just joined the forum. Just brought a  Golf Black 2001 V6 4motion.

What BHP is this engine, think it may be 210 or could be wrong.

Love the golfs, R32 is my best but had to settle for the 4motion. Mark 5's are starting
to grow on me.

FH

bazbo

uero-jet

Quote from: bazbo on September 01, 2007, 07:00:51 PM
Here is our 1998 gti finally!

looks clean...nice one

what is with the porsche turbo badge on the back ? :-\

bazbo

ah - twas a jap import so the porsche badge was put on by the crazy jap owner I guess - was also a nasty turbo pod gauge inside on the steering column which I got rid of. I'm kinda used to the porsche badge now so haven't bothered to remove it!

B

polo_GTI

Hi guys,

I actually have a Polo GTI, but since the car is closer to Golf GTI than a Polo so I am posting here... (and Polo forum seems dead!)

2006 Polo GTI 1.8 KO3s NZ NEW done 22000km
Red  >:D
Europlates
REVO tuned - awaiting further tuning with VAGCOM
Around 158kw with 320nm
According to Autocar weight 1225kg with full tank and all fluids

Waiting mods:
1) rear sway bar
2) front strut bar
3) intake upgrade

I will post photos later
NZ '06 Polo GTI 9n3 REVO Stage2 / H&R springs / Whiteline adjustable sway bars / EBC / SS brake lines / APR mount / Uprated bushes / Forge DV / 3" Downpipe / ECS flywheel / 4barFR / Seat intake / K&N / Forge strut
NZ '06 Golf GTI DSG, Xenon, Leather, Reverse sensor / Bluefin Stage 1

omad

1999 Golf GTI BBS. Had it a week now.

mods planned, K&N Panel Filter, Gauges, Cold air intake, all of which have been ordered and should be done next week...
Eurospec turbo to tail exhaust, chipped...

its a start anyway...

am off to manfield next weekend to see how fast she really goes...
1999 Golf GTI ABT
2009 Suzuki Jimny, 19.9% VAG and 1300cc's of off-road goodness...

RS ZWEI

Quote from: omad on November 08, 2007, 08:34:20 PM
1999 Golf GTI BBS. Had it a week now.

mods planned, K&N Panel Filter, Gauges, Cold air intake, all of which have been ordered and should be done next week...
Eurospec turbo to tail exhaust, chipped...

its a start anyway...

am off to manfield next weekend to see how fast she really goes...

Welcome to the forum, nice looking Mk4.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

uero-jet

welcome mate....
love the headlights they suit it real well

omad

thanks, according to HITMAN on Eurosport, they are Hella Blackout Lights. They look pretty damn nice... got the car for a steal, Got it pre inpection tested and the mechanic reakons it is in mint condition. Plugged it into a mates VAGCOM and cheaked its history and their has never been any faults or breakdowns. Also love the mags, they are 18inch RH Turbo Twist porche replica's (also thanks to HITMAN).
1999 Golf GTI ABT
2009 Suzuki Jimny, 19.9% VAG and 1300cc's of off-road goodness...

uero-jet

never seen a mk4 with r turbos before,looks sweet.

hitmans VASK name is ZIVA