100cd clutch

Started by watson, March 04, 2007, 07:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watson

driving down the road and what the!!!! the clutch pedal starts being pulled into the floor. Get my foot behind pedal and it pops back.
This happens at random but if you rev past 3500 it happens on acceleration. car still drives when pedal is down, pulled back goes fine
to change gear. anyone had this problem  ::)

rambo_005

Do these have hydraulic clutches? If so it could be the clutch slave or master cylinder - I had a similar thing happen in my old 90...

Pushbutton_auto

Check fluid levels, then check Master cylinder or slave.

Jem, will be around somewhere.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

orggti

They do this my dear watson, you will need to 1st rebleed the clutch and hope that does it, or replace the master and slave. Not that easy sadly or cheap.
To bleed you disconnect the hose comeing off the side of the brake resivour and shove a big syringe full of fluid in the hose, crack the nipple donw on the slave and then push the syringe till all the old dirty fluid comes out and starts to run clean. Do up nipple and give a few smooth pumps and hope for the best.
There are other post regarding this type of prob you should read up on.

watson

Yes it was slave and master cylinders. both were full of muck and crud. cost nearly $400.mostly labour to take out and put back.a pain of a job I couldnt be motivated to do myself.