Author Topic: Mk5 Owners - Your cars please  (Read 81962 times)

Offline schattenblau

• ##
Re: Mk5 Owners - Your cars please
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2018, 06:40:59 pm »
welcome !
i almost bought an nz new tdi sport.
a very nice daily driver.
got pix ?

Offline creecha

« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
I tried a few times but it keeps telling me the upload folder is full so.....you'll have to imagine the silver beast for now.
2004 VW golf tdi 170
2009 Triumph street triple
1998 Subaru wrx sti type r
2004 BMW M3

Offline schattenblau

• ##
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2018, 06:59:30 pm »
best way to put a photo on here is to load it to a third party server and paste a link in your post.

Offline Rigpig

« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2018, 07:28:41 am »
So,

I bought a Mk5 GTi for my partner for Christmas, If Iīm honest it was a bit of an impulse buy because someone at work was selling it and we needed another car due to the recent Death of her Altezza!

Itīs a 5 door Japanese import in White with 128K on the clock

I like VW and drive an Amorok daily, we have had two Passatīs in the past but never have considered a Golf. Anyway, this one became available and apart from some minor wear and tear to the interior and two kerbed alloy wheels it is truly very tidy indeed. There is very little service history but given that it looks to have been very well cared for and that the price was right I thought we would give it a go.

So, I need to get the thing fully serviced including Cam belt and DSG Gearbox flushed and am looking to get some recommendations for a place in Auckland that knows these cars.

My plans for it are to fix the cosmetic bits and leave it as standard, she loves the car already and it has more than adequate grunt to keep us both happy :-)

I have already removed the gear stick surround and repainted it, now looks great. Iīve ordered new switches for the windows / mirror and bought a very cheap set of  original alloys to swap out the 2 that are kerbed.

Next is a full service as mentioned and replace the head unit with an Apple Car Play unit.

Iīll try to put a picture up :-)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:08:57 am by Rigpig »
Me 2015 Amarok
Her 2005 Golf GTi

Offline Fizz

• OEM+
  • ##
  • When I Said I'd Hit THAT, I Meant With My Car ;)
« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:15 am »
contact Hennie at HSP Tuning (message HSP Tuning on FB) they based out in the north shore they a 1 stop shop. Alternatively Brodie European in khyber pass is also very good and a bit more central.

Offline iiitsC

« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2020, 06:13:05 pm »
2006 MKV GTI in Candy White. AXX EA113 Motor.
Stage 1 AlienTech tune.
CTS Turbo series 2 intake.
Stuttgart ST12's 18'x9.5'.
Really want a Integrated Engineering down pipe w/ high flow cat and custom rear section. After that is done just going to look after it keep it in mint condition.

***NOTE***
Cant upload photo.