Mk5 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 04, 2007, 08:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms GTi

The coffee's great and the soup is even better.  ;)

Natesgti

Whereabouts is it? No numbers please, just landmarks!  :)

Ms GTi

1st left-hand corner at Three Lamps before ped crossing heading toward Herne Bay.  You can't miss the bright red Bliss logos.  ;)

(does that make sense?)

Natesgti

yeah, kinda you mean down right down one side of ponsonby rd? Near the Belgium Beer Cafe?

Ms GTi

R32 Simon

Thanks for the map!! free coffee for you this weekend!!!

We have an award winning coffee maker, a guy today tipped $5 on a $3 flat white said it was the best coffee he had ever had!!!

Turbo

Quote from: R32 Simon on May 29, 2007, 04:44:55 PM

We have an award winning coffee maker, a guy today tipped $5 on a $3 flat white said it was the best coffee he had ever had!!!

did you say "thanks dad" ?
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Natesgti

Mint, ill come in on saturday haha.

Ms GTi

Sounds good to me!  See you soon...  ;)

Natesgti

hey dude, saw your car at Pt Chev beach yesterday, didnt know if you were the guy standing in front so we just drove off. looks mint tho!

madmax100

Hi, bargain of the century!!! the new 30th edition GTI is a true wolf in disguise. The engine is not a std gti, its basically a S3 motor, with the KC04 turbo and other mods. I brought one last month in red, dsg etc nice with the 230hp but I knew it could do more. Look below the surface and you shall find a engine that could be remapped to preform alot better. I looked at superchips UK and yes they have remapped a edition 30 to a whopping 307hp that is 228kw. Well to cut a long story short I just upgraded my wifes car with the bluefin product......and wow what a car......this car with the upgrade turns in to a beast from hell. Yes putting the power down through 2 wheels is not easy but it can handle it, and what you get is 1336kg of car and 228kw of smooth delivering power that is close to a super car. 180mph/290kph and a 0 to 100 in around 5 secs I haven't been able to measure it.....but bloody fast. I have'nt had this much fun since getting chased by the police as a teenager in my MK1 lotus cortina and that was slow. So if you smart you will look at grabbing one of these babies, remember only 30 coming to NZ. I was so impressed I just ordered another 1 as my wife does'nt like me driving hers, mine is black which I get next week. Don't delay as there are only a few left for sale, so re-mortgage the house, sell the kids, sell the wife, win lotto. Just do it. Cheers MM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lwc8eB9lHQ
2007 Golf GTI Edition 30, APR stage 2 395bhp, 3 door, white, manual
2007 Ford Mustang manual GT CS Roush
2007 Audi S8 V10 500hp
2008 Volvo C70 summer crusier
2012 VW Jetta 2.0 Tdi

SOFTLAD

Tiff Needle is a  GOD on the track this is a good ad for the new GTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxCT1UK_sE

There was a clip of him driving the ford Puma a couple of years back when it was vote Top Gears car of the year I think it was Quentin Wilson who sat in the back without his seat belt on and ended up doing sumasaults as Tiff balanced it on the edge
I'll say it again Tiff is GOD >:D >:D >:D >:D

R32 Simon

Sounds great fun Madmax100 and the car sounds like a complete mad man!  >:D

madmax100

Thanks, a lot of fun. Question: What is it with Auckland drivers who hog the outside lane doing 90-100kph? haven't they heard of the keep left rule unless they overtaking. Only in NZ, sorry to the guy in the Honda people mover today doing 90k's up a hill with his finger up his backside on the northern motorway, he got a little upset when I under took him.....for some reason his lights seem to be flashing. I was 'nt going that much faster, yet they feel they have the right to control our road use and lane hog.

What is it with the police they can only nick people for speeding, why not the stuffed turkeys for lane hogging???? I suppose its easy to nick people for a instant fine than it is to nick those that cause frustration on our motorways. Come on boys in blue wake up and stop collecting tax and think about road safety and dealing to poor driving skill.
I have driven for 18 years in NZ never have had a speeding ticket from a police car (have had a few from those white dustbins that sit on the side of the road in the most odd places....road safety....yeh right.... I drink tui's too. Well that's my moan for Sunday, back to work tomorrow, have fun and  enjoy your week. Cheers MM
2007 Golf GTI Edition 30, APR stage 2 395bhp, 3 door, white, manual
2007 Ford Mustang manual GT CS Roush
2007 Audi S8 V10 500hp
2008 Volvo C70 summer crusier
2012 VW Jetta 2.0 Tdi

57oval

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on March 04, 2007, 08:20:16 PM
What car do you have?

Year/Model/Engine/Colour/Spec/etc.

Modifications and plans?

Photos as well.

08 MK5 GTI BMP with the DSG box. Had it now for about 6 weeks, totally addicted to the driving experience, 6500 k's already!!

I will keep the car completely stock original. I have owned many air-cooled beetles/kombi's and have always appreciated the opportunity to own old original cars more than anything else.

The wife owns a MK4 that we bought from John(vert1), thanks John, has been an awesome little car so far. Our garage looks great with both cars together.

I have been on holiday for the last couple of weeks and have pretty much done nothing else but blast around the South Island.

My first good drive was from ChCh, across the Arthur's Pass, around lake Brunner, back over the Lewis Pass, Hanmer Springs then back to ChCh, no tickets.

Next was a drive south to Oamaru, catch up with some friends, inland to Waimate, Kurow, then onto Otematata, Omarama, north Twizel, Lake Pukaki, onto Fairlie, Geraldine, Ashburton then home, no tickets.

Next up was with the family to Queenstown, getting there saw us head back over Arthur's Pass to the West Coast, south through Hokitika, Hasst and on down to Wanaka then to Queenstown, no tickets. 10 hr road trip and could have turned around and done it again, the driving position and comfort is near on perfect for me.

On the way back from Queenstown, we headed south to Alexandra then across country taking in the 'Pig Route', some of the best driving roads there are!! Mile after mile of outstanding driving roads with no traffic, except for the one cop!! Hit the east coast south of Oamaru, turned north and on up through Oamaru, Timaru, Ashburton and on home. 1 ticket!!

To bring up the 6500 k's saw a quick trip up to Nelson, north out of ChCh, up through Culverden, past Hanmer, Springs Junction, Murchison to Nelson. Next day, caught up with some friends before heading south again before cutting across to Blenheim, south to Kaikoura before heading inland past Mt Lyford to Culverden then back out to SH1 before pointing my nose for home, no tickets.

For those of you that know these roads, you will know that they are some of the best. Mind blowing scenery, unpopulated, and with the MK5, a simply outstanding car to travel them in. Only having to go back to work stopped me going further.

I've prattled on enough about my travels and only briefly mentioned the car itself. To do that many K's in a few short weeks, I think tells you how much I love this car, i can't stop driving it, simple.

Struggled to upload some photo's, check some here ........ http://www.flickr.com/photos/11966916@N07/
03' NZ New 4Motion Passat
MK2 GTI
56' Oval Beetle - stock
56' Oval Beetle - stock, project
57' Oval Beetle - modified, 2165cc engine, narrowed beam with disc brakes - project
65' Kombi
66' Split Kombi - Devon Torvette with Dormobile Pop Top
86 T25 Westfalia

80 Vert

Holy crap 6500 kms already!! You don't muck around then do you.
Looks very nice, easy to see why so many people like them  :laugh:
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Freezinghot

Nice GTI in black. (is there any other colour for a golf!!!)

Your description of your travels makes me want to go on a roadtrip in my golf :'(

Id love to get a new GTI now. How much did it cost you?

FH.

57oval

Quote from: Freezinghot on July 01, 2008, 08:19:16 PM

How much did it cost you?

I have been into air-cooled VW's for many many years and have always enjoyed seeing one owner cars and the history that is built as the years tick over. That was my main motivation to buy new, so had to pay plenty. There are a ton of good used MK5's on the market, but they would never be the one owner car I hankered for. For me, it just adds something very special to the experience.
03' NZ New 4Motion Passat
MK2 GTI
56' Oval Beetle - stock
56' Oval Beetle - stock, project
57' Oval Beetle - modified, 2165cc engine, narrowed beam with disc brakes - project
65' Kombi
66' Split Kombi - Devon Torvette with Dormobile Pop Top
86 T25 Westfalia

MarkRTC

I've just bought a 2008 spec GTI DSG, Black Magic, Leather, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Ipod Connection, 18" Wheels, tinted windows, Euro plates.

Had the engine management software upgrade by Revo - taken the stock 200bhp/147kw up to 260bhp/191kw and 387nm of torque (thats the same as the Audi 4.2L V8).  Runs like a bat out of hell.

Badly need a radar detector...  :police:

RS ZWEI

Quote from: GTEye5 on July 03, 2008, 01:39:53 PM
I've just bought a 2008 spec GTI DSG, Black Magic, Leather, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Ipod Connection, 18" Wheels, tinted windows, Euro plates.

Had the engine management software upgrade by Revo - taken the stock 200bhp/147kw up to 260bhp/191kw and 387nm of torque (thats the same as the Audi 4.2L V8).  Runs like a bat out of hell.

Badly need a radar detector...  :police:

Welcome to the forum. Sounds a very nice car. Where abouts in the country are you situated?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8