Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

What car do you have?

Year/Model/Engine/Colour/Spec/etc.

Modifications and plans?

Photos as well.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

djrisk

Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

eddyg

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on March 10, 2007, 09:49:09 AM
What car do you have?

Year/Model/Engine/Colour/Spec/etc.

Audi S3 MY2003, 1.8T, Nogaro Blue

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on March 10, 2007, 09:49:09 AM
Modifications and plans?
APR Oneclick Tuned (Selectable programs via cruise control: 96RON Standard, 96RON improved, 98RON)
APR cat-back exhaust
O.CT Front Mounted Intercooler (removed side mounts)
Samco intake tubes
KW Coilover suspension
Haldex Pre.X controller
Aluminium undertray (stop those pesky rocks taking out sensors on dirt roads)
K&N Air filter
Greenstuff pads
VDO Dayton SatNav

No further modifications planned - happy the way it is - wish the synchro in and out of 3rd worked though..

GlenT

Quote from: eddyg on March 12, 2007, 03:25:01 PM
Audi S3 MY2003, 1.8T, Nogaro Blue

Aluminium undertray (stop those pesky rocks taking out sensors on dirt roads)
Dirt roads!!! Rocks!!!
Surely the car is too nice for that?

eddyg

Quote from: GlenT on March 13, 2007, 02:43:38 PM
Dirt roads!!! Rocks!!!
Surely the car is too nice for that?

Well down here in the South Island a lot of the roads are dirt roads, so it's just something that you have to deal with.

I must admit to being a tad careful about the potholes. Make sure I go at least 80km/h on dirt roads so the wheels don't fall into them and instead fly over the top. Either that or go at 10km/h if it's really bad.

I had a rock take out the oil sensor under the sump up in Golden Bay one year - wasn't good. Just about every light on the dash lit up saying stop the car now or die!

Cheers, Ed.

GlenT

Ha, that would've been interesting, if not disconcerting.
Well I live in Dunna's, and the roads here are pretty good generally, although I have been known to moan on occasion about slap happy resealing here and there.

djrisk

Thats a very complete S3 ed. Ive a few of those mods on my future mods list, such as the FMIC, KW coilovers, intake pipe and the PreX controller. How long have you had the car?
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

eddyg

Quote from: djrisk on March 15, 2007, 07:01:55 PM
Thats a very complete S3 ed. Ive a few of those mods on my future mods list, such as the FMIC, KW coilovers, intake pipe and the PreX controller. How long have you had the car?

I wouldn't bother with the FMIC unless it's pretty hot where you are. It's pretty heavy and sits quite a bit forward from the wheels and so unbalances the car a bit. Needed the KW's to fix it :)

I've had the car since new in 2002.

Cheers, Ed.

threeta

just logging for the first time - new to the audi brand after a couple of dozy bimmers.(see: it at http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=154154902)

Photo to come.  2005 a3 sportsback 2.0.  wife chose so i hope she made the right choice!!!   i'm threeta on bimmer so hope you audifiles are as nice a bunch :-)  I'm looking for service manual - but will hunt around vask when i get a few minutes.

cheers

Duncan (and I guess the owner - Debbie)

maccag77

Hi all!

I have just bought an Audi A3 Sport 2.0 (2003) after driving around an 87 Starlet for most of my life and am absolutely loving the difference as you can imagine!
Great to see there is a place to talk to other Audi owners in NZ.

I am wondering though.. and this may be an impossible dream.. is there a way I can get a few more horses out of the Audi without destroying the a) car b) bank balance or c) insurance premiums? Sorry if this has already been discussed but some of the other stuff talked about is a bit over my head and am not sure if it would be relevant to my model/year (not being turbo etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have already looked around in the forum and seen that Bavarian Motors in Glenfield comes recommended so thanks for that.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Audi/photos/a-174891541/p-74288800.htm

HaNs

Quote from: maccag77 on October 06, 2008, 10:53:22 AM
Hi all!

I have just bought an Audi A3 Sport 2.0 (2003) after driving around an 87 Starlet for most of my life and am absolutely loving the difference as you can imagine!
Great to see there is a place to talk to other Audi owners in NZ.

I am wondering though.. and this may be an impossible dream.. is there a way I can get a few more horses out of the Audi without destroying the a) car b) bank balance or c) insurance premiums? Sorry if this has already been discussed but some of the other stuff talked about is a bit over my head and am not sure if it would be relevant to my model/year (not being turbo etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have already looked around in the forum and seen that Bavarian Motors in Glenfield comes recommended so thanks for that.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Audi/photos/a-174891541/p-74288800.htm

Is it turbo?

If so
http://chiptuning.co.nz/ get it chipped by them

If non turbo i personally wouldnt bother

veedubman

HaNs

Quote from: Ante on October 06, 2008, 11:20:49 AM
Why not Superchips..

Dont know, too many chip company's out there to remember which are "good" and which are "Bad"  :-\

maccag77

Sadly its not turbo no. I had a look at Superchips and yeah it looks like a chip from there would only get me another 8 horses or so which really doesnt seem worth it for $1,699! If its the commonly acccepted thinking that modding (whether chipping or not) for more power is just not worth it for a non turbo then fair enough.

HaNs

Quote from: maccag77 on October 06, 2008, 11:25:23 AM
Sadly its not turbo no. I had a look at Superchips and yeah it looks like a chip from there would only get me another 8 horses or so which really doesnt seem worth it for $1,699! If its the commonly acccepted thinking that modding (whether chipping or not) for more power is just not worth it for a non turbo then fair enough.

I had the same situations with my N/A A4. Isnt worth touching the engine IMO

maccag77

Oh well, looks like I will be saving a few dollars then. Maybe i'll just paint flames on the side to make it go faster instead.

Turbo

intakes and exhaust would be the first port of call i'd imagine, but may not yield much for the $.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

djrisk

Yeah an exhaust and intake would be your best bet. However the Standard Audi systems are quite good.
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

Turbo

Quote from: djrisk on October 08, 2008, 12:59:51 PM
Yeah an exhaust and intake would be your best bet. However the Standard Audi systems are quite good.

yeah, pay to check if it shares the same systems as the 2.0 tfsi or s3.
if not, could be worth getting a custom.

failing that, you could probably do a straight trade for a 2001 S3 if you get bored.. a lot more ponies and potential ponies in one of those.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Steevo

Hi everyone, I've just become the recent and proud owner of an Imola yellow S3.  Currently attempting to bait cops and terrorise old ladies around the Dunedin area.  I'm not very good at it though. :(

There are a few minor issues that have come up with it that I need some help with because I'm still not too familiar with what is 'normal' for this car.  I'm looking forward to finding some answers and avoid being ripped off by garages when I need to take it in.