A3/S3/TT Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 10, 2007, 09:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaNs

Brett

Quote from: HaNs on March 01, 2013, 04:22:07 PM
You getting old?
Very. Standard wheels for me. Might even raise it up. Looks good doe
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

JPK

A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

ants33

2003 A3 2.0 FSI, Black, Tiptronic, 3 door. (8P1 Chassis)

Plans;
Rims, Pioneer Headunit, Sub n Amp, Tints, Blackout the chrome grille and badges, maybe lower?

Maybe a waste of money as I should just save up for the 2.0T.

Has anyone spent any time or money on this model?

JPK

Quote from: ants33 on April 14, 2013, 10:21:23 PM
2003 A3 2.0 FSI, Black, Tiptronic, 3 door. (8P1 Chassis)

Plans;
Rims, Pioneer Headunit, Sub n Amp, Tints, Blackout the chrome grille and badges, maybe lower?

Maybe a waste of money as I should just save up for the 2.0T.

Has anyone spent any time or money on this model?

I havnt seen many (only 2-3) modified 8P A3s around full stop. Depends what you want out of your car. If you want performance, dont waste any time with it. If you're after looks, you can get them looking pretty sharp with 2-3k wisely spent.
Find a cheap wheel & tyre package on trademe off another Audi (5x112 - 43 or higher offset, no wider than 8.5), get some entry level coilovers off ebay uk  (take into account $300-400 for certification) and wait for a grabone tint deal.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

hagan

Sounds like your in the same boat as I, just I went with the VW body.

Car Folie just had a tint deal cost me $220 to do y 4door mk5 and its mint best tint job I have ever seen.
Swaps for an S2K?

Bronson

Hey Guys,

So i just wanted to say hello and introduce my car.

I have just bought a 2001 S3 8L Nogaro Blue

Over the last few weeks i have spent some coin on the cosmetics to make it stand out and i think i may have succeeded since owning have added:
-35% tints (thanks grab one)
-BBS LM-R Reps 18x8 (What a pain in the ass this was thought 5mm spacers would do it turns out 25mm were needed)
-Stubby Antenna
-Forge BOV
-Reset the rear springs and running lows on the front
-Full service and had everything checked over to make sure its running sweet as a nut

I am really interested into what everyone else has done to theres and to try and find out my different options of where i can go from here. I have been in touch with Hans from NZ Performance Tuning and he seems to know all there is to know about these things, he came back to me with a price for exhaust system, just keen to see what else you guys have done to yours and anything advice you would have?

Keen to look into:
-Turbo Back exhaust
-Front Mount
-Custom airbox or maybe a K&N kit???
-Have seen a few of these in Europe with an 8P front kit on it???

Will upload some photos on my profile cause i cannot do it on this post for some reason.

Cheers,

Bronson

zyeffur

Quote from: hagan on April 16, 2013, 11:00:08 PM
Sounds like your in the same boat as I, just I went with the VW body.

Car Folie just had a tint deal cost me $220 to do y 4door mk5 and its mint best tint job I have ever seen.

Pretty good deal today. http://www.grabone.co.nz/auckland/car-folie-65?utm_source=GrabOne+Auckland&utm_campaign=ET_49979_nz-main_auckland_20130418_LC&utm_medium=email

HaNs

Quote from: Bronson on April 18, 2013, 10:41:07 AM

Keen to look into:
-Turbo Back exhaust
-Front Mount
-Custom airbox or maybe a K&N kit???
-Have seen a few of these in Europe with an 8P front kit on it???

Do full trubo back with 3" down pipe, intake and software to suit. Could do intercooler but not cheap

JPK

Would a 2.0T OE front mount be a cheap upgrade for these Hans? Or likely similar?
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

rb131

My new toy is

Car:1998 Audi A3 1.8T Sport 5 Speed Manual
Mods known to me: Vortex Stainless Exhaust

k_ma23

Wife's new car. Well kind of...had it for about 3 months now.
She wanted a Golf R but I think the S3 is slowly growing on her.

07' B7 RS4 Avant
10' S3 Sportback S-Tronic
-----
03' B6 A4 3.0 Avant 6spd NZ New
00' Accord Euro-R Hondata 8200rpm
98' Integra DC2-R 8700rpm
94' Skyline GTS25-t

Poonmobile

Seems well spec'd? Nice in the white too
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

HaNs

LonelyplanetXO

Hey all,

Just discovered this forum. Some great stuff here. I've got a TT, 2007. Nice car, but I've found issues with grip on wet roads - had it sideways this morning turning on to a motorway onramp; second time it's happened - and not going that fast. Proof I guess that  technology can't beat basic physics.

LPXO

JPK

A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

LonelyplanetXO

Sorry, should have said. 3.2 Quattro, DSG...

JPK

Could be your tyres on the rear arent the best? It was raining this morning if you're in Auckland so that would add to it of course.

If you really want to decrease snap oversteer. Buy front and rear adjustable sway bars and fine tune to suit.
Get H&R adjustables as they are the best combination of value and performance and dont need maintenance.
Should land them for $700-800 for both if you shop around overseas.

Start by setting the front to 'medium' and the rear to 'soft'. This modification will also have the side benefit of improving traction and reducing bodyroll drastically with minimal trade offs in comfort.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

LonelyplanetXO

Thanks, the rears are reasonably worn; passed a warrant last month but nonetheless, not great. Yes, I am in Auckland and yes, it was raining this morning :)
I've ordered a new pair of Pirelli Rosso's which I'll fit later in the week. That should resolve it but if it's still prone to snap oversteer in the wet I'll follow your good advice. I wonder how adding sway bars would affect the magnetic damping?

cheers
R.