A3/S3/TT Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 10, 2007, 09:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsco

Hi, new here (can't lie, safari made it impossible to register due to these google safesite warnings, but got onto chrome)

I have a 2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro (DSG) S-tronic in black, it's the "s-line"
2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S

Project STi

I get the same warnings in Chrome.

Another new person, recently bought a 2005 A3 2.0T DSG sportback for the wife's new car. Just done the servicing stuff so far (DSG Service, cam follower) and upgrading the diverter valve to the later model piston type so far.

Have a few more mods planned (intake, exhaust, tune) to improve the top end power a bit and learning about these cars. I've come from a Subaru/Nissan background and getting a bit of a shock at some of the prices for Audi bits in NZ. So far buying stuff from ECS tuning in the states which has worked out well.

Will be keen to hear what reflashes people are running on here (but not going to pay APR NZ's prices, yikes!).

Jeff
2005 A3 Sportback 2.0T DSG
2002 Subaru RSK B4
Ver 3 WRX STi RA

slowmo

Welcome to VASK.  8)

Talk to Hans from NZPT for tuning options  ;)
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

jaimec

Hi all,

Not so new to the forum, signed up awhile back, never got around to posting.

My baby... 2010 Audi A3 1.4 TFSi Sportback, Ibis White, 18" RS4 alloys glossy black finish, Panoramic roof.

No mods. I love her the way she is.

handsco

Finally got around to cleaning, taking pictures & posting.

My 2005/6 a3 3.2 Quattro DSG. goes like stink now that half the parts are new.

Changes i've made in the last three months:
Full DSG Box rebuild, mechatronics, new clutch pack, new rods, premium oil, (yes, cost about what the car was worth, but the box just failed on me, oh well at least it's under warranty.)
All new discs & pads all around
all new tyres
new air filter (k&n, panel)
new engine mount, spark plugs, service, aircon service /etc.
engine flush, run on 98 since.

It's a great car, they're starting to get really hard to find in good condition.

$$$ ouch!, could've bought a late S3

handsco

The above could be for sale if anyone's interested,

I can't deny the urge to get a RS4 sensible "family / dog" car for much longer.

HaNs

handsco

Spoke with HaNs today on the phone, top guy!

I've been on the fence about keeping / selling this car for a little while, In some respects it's been the bain of my existance, but on other occasions it's been some of the most fun i've had. HaNs pretty much swayed me towards keeping it, I was misinformed about the upgrade path of this car (that it didn't exist)

I'm going to see what HaNs can do with an ECU remap to start with.

HaNs quoted me a surprisingly low price for a 350hp turbo install/upgrade.
I'll track down a set of nice wheels, probably S3 wheels (in black)
and seeing as i'm already committed, I'll track down a decent shop who can do an outside only respray (and minor repair [one dent, one scuff] )

If anyone can recommend anyone who deals in wheels, or paint.. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

prg-gti

nice! good luck, and keep us posted, love mod threads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

handsco

This has gone one step further since yesterday.

it's going to be very exciting, stupidly costly. the result is going to be some deranged RS3.. will create a thread seperately i think.

heylinb4nz

Wow talk about reviving an old thread :)

Coming up one year this September on my TT. 2007 3.2 Quattro. Still loving it !!! so much that I intend to extend the warranty for another 2 years when it expires in 2017.

Mods

- Eibach Pro Street Coilovers (certed, came fitted from Japan)
- K&N Panel Filter
- Tinted windows

davestokes

Here's my 2004 A3 3.2. Had it a while now but only just got it to where I want it. Eibach/Bilstein B12 Pro suspension,
MTM Bimoto 18s. MY11 tail lights. S-Line goodies including rear spoiler & steering wheel. 47,000km on the clock.

JPK

Quote from: davestokes on June 09, 2016, 06:18:25 PM
Here's my 2004 A3 3.2. Had it a while now but only just got it to where I want it. Eibach/Bilstein B12 Pro suspension,
MTM Bimoto 18s. MY11 tail lights. S-Line goodies including rear spoiler & steering wheel. 47,000km on the clock.

Nice car. Do you have any more pics? Have you considered doing an S3 front on it?
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

Poonmobile

Quote from: davestokes on June 09, 2016, 06:18:25 PM

Love the wheels, more details on suspension?
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

le mans

Looking good! Bilstein B12 is a package with lowering springs and matched dampers. It's highly rated. Barry had this setup on his B5 RS4.

davestokes

Sold the wheels actually, wasn't happy running spacers. Back to the good ol' Ronal 5 spoke 18s.

I bought the suspension as a package from a seller on eBay.de. It's 40mm lower than standard, which translates to about a 15-20mm drop over the sport suspension which comes on the 3.2s.

I've looked into front end options but as mine is pre-facelift I would need a new bonnet, bumper, grille, the works. Too much work. :)

davestokes

Not_Sean

Hey guys, Bit of a details and a Hello :P

2004 Audi A3 2.0 FSI - Black

Plans for the car is just to do a OEM+ build, Its a non T so no point trying to make it fast, rather just make it a great place to be and enjoyable drive.

Ordered one or two bits already but will create a Proper introduction soon :)
2004 A3 2.0 FSI

Ron556

Recently got Audi A3 and i am lov'in IT.
=======================
AUDI A3
It ALL Starts with a DREAM

nzgti8v