A4/S4/RS4 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 10, 2007, 09:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheelman

Quote from: mikemas on July 10, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
Don't mind at all mate - it depends on what you're after. I loved it personally, didn't think it had too much "drone" and sounded great.

The soundproofing is pretty good in Audis in any case.

I would definitely go non-res again, looking at the same again for my RS (it does have valves though).

I concur. Have the Miltek non res/down pipes system in my B6 S4, bark is great, the only time I identified a bit of drone is driving with the back seats down (open boot cavity) at 60k.   Always gets comments about how good it sounds.  Even from cops.
"Stealth Red" B6 S4
Milltek Hi flow Cats and full non res system
Hyperflow cold air intake
Remap by Autopassion

BDI_S4

Out with the old, in with the new!

Turbo

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

BDI_S4

Don't believe it has a sports diff (no ADS buttons on the console), but that's not a sure fire guarantee according to some threads I read (which suggests I check for an external servo motor on the rear diff).  Haven't had it on a hoist to do that, yet.

paddymarsh

My Le Mans A4 which I haven't had for too long. Just put the oettinger REs on last weekend
2000 A4 1.8TQ Le Mans Avant

moondog

Hi all,

New to forum

Importing a B7 Rs4 from UK,  arrives later this month.

Looking forward to swapping advise and help on maintainance.

Regards

moondog
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

moondog

Having trouble uploading photo, max 200kb.? Wtf.... any help appreciated
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

RS ZWEI

Quote from: moondog on September 13, 2013, 03:56:54 PM
Having trouble uploading photo, max 200kb.? Wtf.... any help appreciated

Use the like of photobucket.com
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

moondog

Bit of a mission, here it is........
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

weta.worker

very nice! 

and I guess I'll ask the obvious questions (cause I've always thought about doing this)

- how hard was it to get into NZ?
- are you from the UK or have a mate decent contact over there or did you start from scratch and use a company to do it?
- spec? 
- costs?  (do you mind telling us how much the process cost and the car to start with?)

thanks!

sorry for all the questions!

john
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

moondog

Thanks.

Well, like I said, I havent landed it yet, its somewhere in the pacific at present.

Im an expat kiwi returning from 12 years in the UK,  and thought i'd bring a nice car back as a way of bringing some capital without putting up with the terrible exchange rate between ? and kiwi.  Bonus is, I get to drive it as well!
Was a tossup between a 5.5 or 6.3 Merc or the RS4,  think I made the right choice for NZ roads. Done about 3k miles in it in the UK and France,  and its a pleasure to fill the tank up, as it means I can drive it some more.

Spec is stock, unmodified, 80k miles on it, solar sunroof, chiller in glove box as factory extras. Put a set of new Goodys on it before it went in the container.

Looking at modifying exhaust, poss remap, and carbon clean in NZ

Costs, I'll pm you with, as I might sell it on one day.

Cheers
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

cibi

CURRENT: 2010 AUDI RS5 SUZUKA GREY

OLD: 2006 AUDI A4 B7 2.0T FOR SALE!!
MODS:GIAC X CHIP,VMR TEST PIPE,ASPEC CATBACK,APR CARBONIO CAI,FORGE DV,OEM RS4 ENGINE COVER,CARBON MIRROR,DTM FULL CONVERSION,DECTANE LED HEADLIGHT.

nogmeg

Hello, new here

I'm planing on bringing my 1998 S4 back home to NZ after being in the UK for 2 years.
Looking forward to enjoying it in NZ and have more modifications planned for it.
So far, stage 1 remap, forge diverter valves, H&R suspension, A5 Brakes.

hopefully the photo works

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
98 Audi S4, 96 Alfa Romeo 155 D2, 97 Alfa Romeo 155 TS

RS ZWEI

Quote from: nogmeg on October 17, 2013, 03:35:14 AM
Hello, new here

I'm planing on bringing my 1998 S4 back home to NZ after being in the UK for 2 years.
Looking forward to enjoying it in NZ and have more modifications planned for it.
So far, stage 1 remap, forge diverter valves, H&R suspension, A5 Brakes.

hopefully the photo works

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Welcme to the forum.
It could be more trouble than what its worth to bring your S4 home. Have you looked into it?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

nogmeg

Yes, I'm aware It can be risky due to the age and it's not classic status yet.

I can go for an immigrant exemption as I've owned it longer than 12 months. So it will be exempt from emissions and frontal impact standards.

So the car would basically be judged on rust levels I believe.
I've asked my mechanic his opinion about the rust, he says it's good, so I'm thinking of risking it, I've been getting it mint replacing lots of parts and I like the car so for these reasons I wanna try go ahead. Shipping is the easy part, unfortunately there is no way to know until the car arrives in NZ if it meets their standards.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: nogmeg on October 17, 2013, 11:55:31 AM
Yes, I'm aware It can be risky due to the age and it's not classic status yet.

I can go for an immigrant exemption as I've owned it longer than 12 months. So it will be exempt from emissions and frontal impact standards.

So the car would basically be judged on rust levels I believe.
I've asked my mechanic his opinion about the rust, he says it's good, so I'm thinking of risking it, I've been getting it mint replacing lots of parts and I like the car so for these reasons I wanna try go ahead. Shipping is the easy part, unfortunately there is no way to know until the car arrives in NZ if it meets their standards.

I wouldnt take an english mechanics opinion. Basically if the car has any surface rust it will get flagged.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

UKNZ

Just brought my '04 S4 over from the UK, needed new bushings (total PITA, apparently they always ask for that), major rust work (not so bad), total interior removal so they can check every weld from the INSIDE every 0.5m (standard practice), the usual MAF nazis .... for the B6 it was worth it, but an older one like that you'll have the same or greater cost for a lower value car, it'll end up costing you more than sourcing one in NZ. That's not including the cost of your time, which will be a lot .. plus the cost of not having a car for 2 months or so. I'd forget it if I were you for a car of that age.

If you really want to bring something back, buy that v12 S6 that's sitting on ebay.co.uk at the moment for about $14k!

S4 V8 manual cabrio
S8 V10
Volvo V70 T6

nogmeg

Hmm ok thats interesting, I just replaced the wheel bearings and just replaced all the front suspension arms and bushings so guess it will mainly be the rust check which is 'standard practice'? How much did you spend correcting the rust?

I've considered looking for one in NZ but haven't seen a nogaro avant on sale. The range if B5 S4's isn't great and i'm not a big fan of b6 or b7's So i'm really importing because I like the B5 shape and the one I have is how I would spec one not because I think it will make good money if I sell it. I'm not importing this as a car I need to use daily, so not being able to have it for 2 months isn't an issue, if that what it takes to get it through.

V12? do you mean a C6 V10.

mikemas

Just got my rims back from the shop - went with a matt bronze for something different. All silver on the car is powder-coated black, so colour "pops" quite nicely imo

Edit: gotta love photo compression on this website..
Always slow down for Ka band!!

Fizz

why don't you upload to photobucket or something and paste the img link?