A4/S4/RS4 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 10, 2007, 09:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

Quote from: pause1 on July 02, 2007, 10:09:55 PM
RS4 owner for 1month. Previously had RS2.

Could not pass this car by when it came up for sale. Like new inside. Engine cleaner than new. Very well maintained, all servicing spot on. Car in original spec.
Anyone know who can remap so power does not cut off when left foot braking. RS4 does not allow throttle and brake to be on at same time!!!!! Obviosly to preserve brakes or something, but does not work for my style of driving. ESP on or off makes no difference.
Hope it is a simple thing to change. All help appreciated.

Is that feelou's old car? He recently replaced his B5 RS4 with a B7 RS4.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

pause1

Dont know who's car it was. Got it through Giltrap Prest.
Sounds like it could be his. they said owner bought new RS4 sedan.
Swiss or German guy?

rambo_005

Quote from: pause1 on July 02, 2007, 11:11:27 PM
Dont know who's car it was. Got it through Giltrap Prest.
Sounds like it could be his. they said owner bought new RS4 sedan.
Swiss or German guy?

That's feelou, he is Swiss.

feelou

QuoteThat's feelou, he is Swiss.

What a good time to be Swiss, too  ;D

I must say it feels somewhat weird. All the intimacy I had with this car is now shared by someone else.
But glad you like it. A superb car indeed, even when compared with the B7.

Enjoy!

RS ZWEI

Quote from: feelou on July 03, 2007, 08:40:11 AM
What a good time to be Swiss, too  ;D

I must say it feels somewhat weird. All the intimacy I had with this car is now shared by someone else.
But glad you like it. A superb car indeed, even when compared with the B7.

Enjoy!

feelou, did you have the ecu tuned? Did you revert this to factory settings when you sold it?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

feelou

The car was still re-mapped when I handed it over to Giltrap. I would guess that they reverted the ECU to original when they serviced it.

A shame if they did, as it really improve throttle response and opened up the high end of the rev range

pause1

Hi Feelou.
Great to make contact with previous owner. Glad to find a car looked after, appreciate it.
Can the remap be done directly via diagnostic port? or do they re-chip?
When you had it done could you brake while throttle was on, without car cutting power?
Could Giltrap change it for me, if not who can you recommend?

Did you have a spare wheel for the car? I also see that 2 of the rims are the soft ones, did you have the others replaced or was it previous owner?

I am sure there are a couple of more questions, but will catch up later. Will pm you sometime. Cheers

feelou

Quattro.guy

Quote from: djrisk on June 30, 2007, 01:54:53 AM
I read somewhere that "boost pressure is boost pressure doesnt matter about the size of the turbo", ie: small turbos spool quicker but big turbos hold thier power longer etc. Clearly i am far short of 350hp, yet my 1.8t is running 1.4 bar. Surely your engine is using more air than mine, so does this mean your turbo is flowing more air at the same boost pressure, or you are running more boost? ??? or is it another variable such as cam timings and head work etc that accounts for the increase in power...?
Sorry for sounding thick but ive heard so many contradicting opinions ::) :)
Yes boost pressure is boost pressure. bigger turbos yeild more volume, but obviously create mor lag etc as you know.
The power im lookin for with the turbo i've choosen, is also with  major engine management mods, cooler, exhaust, various sensors etc. my expectations are alittle hi wth the boost level indicated by revo as a max boost, but we'll keep working on that topic. i indent on leaving the engine stock, however the cam timing and cylinder head mods u mention, can release supprising hp gains. can only speek from other manufactures engines that i see alot of..... ;)

Quattro.guy

Quote from: Audidude on June 29, 2007, 08:10:53 PM
Welcome here Evan!

You know who I am I'm sure when you spot my Integra Type R that you built into a Targa car for me  ;D.

Didn't know you were planning such radical performance mods for the Audi! Don't think for a moment I'm going to let you loose on my DTM A4  :o

Hi Greg.
Sorry i missed you post.
Now about that A4 of yours......... ;)

beeker

Quote from: pause1 on July 03, 2007, 12:21:55 PM
Hi Feelou.
Great to make contact with previous owner. Glad to find a car looked after, appreciate it.
When you had it done could you brake while throttle was on, without car cutting power?

Did you have a spare wheel for the car? I also see that 2 of the rims are the soft ones, did you have the others replaced or was it previous owner?

I am sure there are a couple of more questions, but will catch up later. Will pm you sometime. Cheers

FYI, on my RS4 I purchased the "factory winter wheel" which fits over the rs4 brakes and also into the wheel well (narrower than the summer/std wheel).
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

sisu

Quote from: pause1 on July 02, 2007, 10:09:55 PM
RS4 owner for 1month. Previously had RS2.

Could not pass this car by when it came up for sale. Like new inside. Engine cleaner than new. Very well maintained, all servicing spot on. Car in original spec.
Anyone know who can remap so power does not cut off when left foot braking. RS4 does not allow throttle and brake to be on at same time!!!!! Obviosly to preserve brakes or something, but does not work for my style of driving. ESP on or off makes no difference.
Hope it is a simple thing to change. All help appreciated.

If you press all three pedals the engine will cut out - its built in as safety measure.
As for removeing it I wouldn't know. Send us your VIN which should be WUAZZZ*********

sisu

Quote from: pause1 on July 03, 2007, 12:21:55 PM
Hi Feelou.

The B6 RS4 came with a lightweight soft wheel, when they had lots of complaints of dented wheels they then came out with a tougher heavier weight wheel. They were replaced as a no cost recall.

Turbo

Quote from: sisu on July 23, 2007, 09:42:29 AM
The B6 RS4 came with a lightweight soft wheel, when they had lots of complaints of dented wheels they then came out with a tougher heavier weight wheel. They were replaced as a no cost recall.

hi sisu, i think you mean B5 RS4. but yeah, they had a fizzer with the original wheels.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

djrisk

Heres a pic, you can find full details in the members section

Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

5-pot

:o  There's an apparition in the driver's seat!

But really, that looks amazing.  The wheels look really good on that.  Is it sporting some lowering springs or have you put bigger wheels on there?
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

5-pot

Sorry, just read the top bit of your post.  Disregard my questions  :P
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

R32 Simon

Yes I finally got my grubby hands on a Nogy blue RS4 2001, will post pics this week  ;D

rambo_005

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on August 20, 2007, 07:30:59 PM
Yes I finally got my grubby hands on a Nogy blue RS4 2001, will post pics this week  ;D

I want pics of all 3 ;D

RS ZWEI

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on August 20, 2007, 07:30:59 PM

Haha, well done Simon.

Can you please give us a list of all the cars you have owned?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S