Since we have an R8 section...

Started by rambo_005, March 18, 2007, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenT

But then it would have the S6 engine in it. ;)

GlenT

Your right though the V10 would be so much cooler.

M

Sorry I disagree, if you have the choice between V10 R8 and V10 Gallardo then it would have to be the Lambo everytime. In fact I would have a Gallardo over just about ANY supercar(I have a friend in UK who traded his for a Murcielago and regrets it).

However my comment was simply based on the "I wouldn't pay that for a V8", really makes no sense, you can't base a decision on an entire engine orientation. F1 engines are V8 nowa and they seem to move fairly well...... although old pig iron V8's are horrible slow revving lazy torque thumpers(IMHO of course  ;D)

Hahaha at S6 comment  ;D

I work for Southern European in Dunedin, no test cars though I am afraid. And R8 dealers will be limited I think, Audi want a seperate showroom for the car, not really an option when 8 or so will come in a year.....  ::)
Too much power is almost enough.

Simon MkII

Yeah, there's no way any dealers in NZ will build another showroom for a single model. I don't think any will be sitting in the showroom anyway, I've heard all 8 or 10 are sold.
Mazda Mx5

rambo_005

Apparently R8s will only be sold from:
Giltrap Prestige, Auckland
Continental Car Services, Auckland
Garry Keith Motors, Hamilton 
Team European, Wellington 
Archibalds, Christchurch 

Period_Correct_

bugger, now i cant use my "hookup" at "fast fours"... ::)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

BOON250

the only thing better than seeing R8s in the flesh is watching them being born!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  <---------- I was doing this for many days after being lucky enough to tour the R8 production facility in Neckarsulm recently. Trust me if you witness the attention and soul the guys put into building the 24 cars that get produced each day you realise its going to be a special car. Already a 3 year waiting list in Germany with no plans to increase production from the present level. The car is 85% handbuilt with each car tested for an hour on the dyno before being released for delivery. I realise it does not have the stigma of a Lambo or maybe a Porsche but watch this space...... ;)

NedR8

Will give VASK members a close up looksee over mine after Xmas if anyone wants to have a look.

Decided to change the colour of mine from Jet Blue to the Ice Silver as in my opinion it looks better. EMD was very accommodating to make the change, at least my car isnt due here til first week of December anyway.

Ned

HandsomeDan

Quote from: BOON250 on June 28, 2007, 04:36:49 PM
the only thing better than seeing R8s in the flesh is watching them being born!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  <---------- I was doing this for many days after being lucky enough to tour the R8 production facility in Neckarsulm recently. Trust me if you witness the attention and soul the guys put into building the 24 cars that get produced each day you realise its going to be a special car. Already a 3 year waiting list in Germany with no plans to increase production from the present level. The car is 85% handbuilt with each car tested for an hour on the dyno before being released for delivery. I realise it does not have the stigma of a Lambo or maybe a Porsche but watch this space...... ;)
Awesome! I think it's great we're going back to the "good old days" of care and attention in manufacture.

Much like the old days of Aston, when they used to set aside a cubbyhole for every car with certain details and samples of carpets and leather etc for each car they built.

Not like that these days.
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

SteveC

Quote from: BOON250 on June 28, 2007, 04:36:49 PM
I realise it does not have the stigma of a Lambo or maybe a Porsche but watch this space...... ;)

stig?ma      /ˈstɪgmə/
?noun, plural stig?ma?ta      /ˈstɪgmətə, stɪgˈmɑtə, -ˈm?tə/  stig?mas.
1.   a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation.
2.   Medicine/Medical.
a.   a mental or physical mark that is characteristic of a defect or disease: the stigmata of leprosy.
b.   a place or point on the skin that bleeds during certain mental states, as in hysteria.

you might try words like "prestige" or "kudos"     ;)

HandsomeDan

1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

SteveC

Quote from: jasoncordelle on June 29, 2007, 10:32:02 AM
Or Karma?  ;)

karma can be good or bad, might not carry the essence of what boon was trying to say

(yeah, I know, I'm a pedant)  ::)

BOON250

Quote from: SteveC on June 29, 2007, 10:30:35 AM
stig?ma      /ˈstɪgmə/
?noun, plural stig?ma?ta      /ˈstɪgmətə, stɪgˈmɑtə, -ˈm?tə/  stig?mas.
1.   a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation.
2.   Medicine/Medical.
a.   a mental or physical mark that is characteristic of a defect or disease: the stigmata of leprosy.
b.   a place or point on the skin that bleeds during certain mental states, as in hysteria.

you might try words like "prestige" or "kudos"     ;)

whoops yes that was a bad choice of wording on my part... ::)  you guys know what I meant... ;)

SteveC

Quote from: BOON250 on June 29, 2007, 10:43:28 AM

whoops yes that was a bad choice of wording on my part... ::)  you guys know what I meant... ;)

yes, we did and it was unkind of me to show you up  :-[

Turbo

Quote from: NedR8 on June 28, 2007, 06:06:18 PM
Will give VASK members a close up looksee over mine after Xmas if anyone wants to have a look.

Decided to change the colour of mine from Jet Blue to the Ice Silver as in my opinion it looks better. EMD was very accommodating to make the change, at least my car isnt due here til first week of December anyway.

Ned

nice, silver will be cool.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

SteveC

Ned

will that have the brushed stainless side blade?  reserving opinion until I see one on the road, but the silver should make the effect more subtle, like the carbon on black

RS ZWEI

Ned

Ive seen a pic of a white R8, dam it looked good. Sliver will look good though, a very Audi colour imo.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rambo_005

HandsomeDan

1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70