Regulator required for WR quattro driver's door window

Started by FRANS, March 24, 2005, 03:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANS

The window in the driver's door isn't going up very well and the diagnosis is that it may need a new / replacement regulator. Does any one have a good second hand that'll fit my '86 UR quattro?

Thanks and Happy Easter
Frans de Court

John Stone

Both my windows have failed to work over the last three months, they went up hesitantly, and then wouldn't shift at all. The drivers side did this last weekend in that hot, stinking weather - the business adviser/passenger was not happy!!! Bought a can of CRC, liberally sprayed it into the switches - no more problem.
If you do need the mechanism, the part number for the right side is 855 837 400 (>> 85 E 900 679) and 855 837 400 C (>>85 E 900 680). Some coupe models share this part number and the 80/90 has the same sequence with a 400 D at the end?

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Mike

As well as the switches getting dirty, the motors can be placed under more strain than they need to be due to excessive friction in the runners.

Lube the felt channels with silicone and if you happen to have the door trims off lube the metal runners and cable with lithium grease.

orggti

i think i may have one ill look but yes its more likely to be the switch, tho i would be carefull of using crc as it does work but in a while it goes all oily and can bake onto switches and make it worse (same as dont spray crc into the dizzy cap) . Its actually easy to pull apart the swiches and, using a file, not wet and dry, clean up the points.
If all the windows stop its the relay and these are usually just cracks in the solder and easily fixed. If you want to pop over to my house one day i will try to fix it for you Frans. I use silicon on my slides as well but i hate it really cause it gets on the glass but ya cant win really once you start with spray cans whats good on this is bad on that.