Where to source

Started by MRVR6, December 17, 2004, 01:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRVR6

hiya, Where do all the cool stuff that we can pu on our car come from. Do they all have to come from overseas? ??? if so, which one is the cheapest?

bsting

What do you want to do to your car?
How much can you spend?
???

Blake

yeah depends on what ya want.

Perhaps try this place - currency conversion is very nice too.

http://www.autostyle.co.za

MRVR6

Quote from: Blake on December 17, 2004, 02:57:49 PM
yeah depends on what ya want.
Perhaps try this place - currency conversion is very nice too.
http://www.autostyle.co.za
I know that website, but the cost to send here will be heaps. they said typical body kit will cost about NZ$700. that is just the shipping cost. nothing local? Like i said, i would like to have my headlight changed and some body kit.

Period_Correct_

well theres autostyle [ cheap but shippings a killer ], also try www.swgmotorsport.com, they're pretty good as well.
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Period_Correct_

Quote from: bsting on December 17, 2004, 07:36:13 PM
Quote from: NasTnaS on December 17, 2004, 05:39:34 PM
well theres autostyle [ cheap but shippings a killer ], also try www.swgmotorsport.com, they're pretty good as well.

SWG 10 days max to your house.

you were lucky mate, or maybe i was unlucky, mine got delivered in 3 weeks...
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Blake

how can you tell how much shipping is with www.autostyle.co.za as it doesn't have a shipping calculator or guide?

Period_Correct_

i emailed them, and they gave me a quote, it takes about 2 days or so, AUTOSTYLE is good if you're importing heaps of stuff, then you SCORE BIG TIME...

MRVR6

Quote from: Blake on December 18, 2004, 12:09:44 PM
how can you tell how much shipping is with www.autostyle.co.za as it doesn't have a shipping calculator or guide?

on the shipping page, for international shipping, they quote for around (after conversion) NZ$700 for typical body kit. I'm not sure what country but I reckoned we're at the end of the world. It can only be more expensive than that.

Blake

also check out tunershop.com they seem to be more resonable.

dubstar

Quote from: MRVR6 on December 21, 2004, 10:18:11 AM
what about this:http://www.tmtuning.com/main/html/main.html

These guys are cheap and seem to be one of the better american tuning shops.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Blake

yeah tmtuning.com are pretty good. tunershop.com however gave me free shipping for my keskin wheels. where as tmtuning would have charged me. I thought anything over 1k incurs a duty charge of %10. If it is below that you only pay gst.

dubstar

Quote from: Blake on December 21, 2004, 11:03:13 AM
yeah tmtuning.com are pretty good. tunershop.com however gave me free shipping for my keskin wheels. where as tmtuning would have charged me. I thought anything over 1k incurs a duty charge of %10. If it is below that you only pay gst.

Have you got your wheels yet?  Any duty to pay on them?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Blake

not yet. placed the order last friday. got a confirmation email back from them and a copy of the proforma invoice which read like this. 4 keskin wheels with bolts etc - total NZ$950 - special price as wheels are ex-demonstration.

That way all I should have to pay is GST.

MRVR6

Hey, have you had your wheels yet? how about some pics?

Blake

Naturally there was a delay with the xmas break etc. I am off today with my gf to the gold coast but was told they should arrive at the end of this week - so I wont know till I get back which is friday week. O the agony of waiting!  :laugh: