Author Topic: ur quattro Owners - Your cars please  (Read 25936 times)

DaveL

Re: ur quattro Owners - Your cars please
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 05:49:43 pm »
It's mine, sorry for the late reply.

I have  owned it for about 13 years now, 3rd owner from new. Has had various mods over the years , incl MTM chip, increased boost to match (mechanically variable using an allen key!), uprated brakes with drilled and grooved front discs and stainless braided brake lines all round, full stainless big-bore exhaust from Milltek. Now done 213,000km still hasn't had the head off! Clutch and master brake cylinder replaced in last couple of years. Recently had a paint re-furbish (incl new decals from AM Sports in the UK) courtesy of Ray Hasler Autohaus ( thanks Stefan, best job possible). Still a work in progress, still can redline in top gear.... nuff said.

First reg in '87, but is technically an '88 model, ABS, Torsen diff, factory full leather, heated seats, pearlescent white, sunroof. Now runs 225 tyres as original 215's are too hard to obtain, don't get any tramlining but do get awesome grip!

Regards,
Dave

Offline colingrant

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 10:44:51 pm »
Wonder if this will work

Offline RS ZWEI

• Administrator
  • ####
    • http://www.vask.org.nz
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 07:19:25 am »
Wonder if this will work

Very nice Colin.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26

marc

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 12:43:23 pm »
I guess I should add to the thread. I have a 1985 that I am building to rally next year (2010) here in south east Queensland. You can blame John Stone for me being here as it was he who put me on to Wilco via this forum.

I have no real idea of the whole history of the car but it was a UK import in 1989 by the guy I got it from this year. Prior to that, who knows but suffice to say it was early enough to be saved from the rotten (and "rotting") weather over there. There is no rust in this shell at all! The car was involved in an accident quite some years ago and was repaired then never completely reassembled. I inherited a bit of a basket case of boxes and boxes of bits. It was all there though, minus a couple of exterior bits that we have since sourced.

I decided to build it up as a Group 4 replica, basing it on the 1982 Tour de Course cars. Thanks to a few good souls and especially Wilco, we have all the exterior bits we need to make it look right.

At the moment it's sitting in my garage, caged, sealed and undercoated and ready for paint. We are also making fibreglass moulds of the front and rear bumpers, bonnet and front guards as both a weight saving exercise and also to be able to put the moulds and original panels in to storage, just in case we ever have the misfortune of bending anything.

The motor will be a near standard WR with the only modification being a bit of a porting job, cam and EFI. In fact, a stock motor would be fine by me as we're not going out there to set the world on fire, just to have a bit of fun and maybe spread a bit of excitement around the older rally enthusiasts here. I know I'd love to see one running here!

As next year is the 30th anniversary of quattro, it's that little bit more special too.

I am trying to keep a record of the build and have created a website to both follow that and to thank all those who are contributing their time, effort and encouragement: http://rallyquattro.net

There are some photos not added yet to the site and they are sitting in http://rallyquattro.net/photos/ - including many photos of Todd Corey's ex-works A2. Todd has been a never ending source of encouragement and information and without him, we'd be struggling.

Target event is the Border Ranges Rally in August 2010. This event is held on good quality roads in the range between Queensland and New South Wales and in the general area used by the WRC this year. Nice shire roads that don't bash the crap out of the cars like many of the forest roads we otherwise use up here. If the car is finished earlier, we might try to get it to an earlier event but I am not rushing anything on this build. It will be done slowly and properly and the result should be a stunner if the previous work of my painter (a damned perfectionist) and my fabricator (also my navigator) is anything to go by.

I should also mention what a nice bunch of cars I have seen in this thread. I would so love to have a Ur quattro as a road car and have wanted one since I first heard of them in about 1982. Of course I will be content with the rally car but a nice shiny, comfy and quite monster would be something... but they are so scarce and expensive here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:33:15 am by marc »

Offline choppy16v

• #
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2009, 01:54:28 pm »
awesome project mate.thanks for sharing it with us!
welcome to vask.

marc

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35:15 am »
Thanks and thanks Choppy ;)

Offline FFS

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 04:58:14 pm »
Hi everyone...John from the Waikato here. Proud to be the new owner of DaveL's pearl white urq. 

Offline John Stone

• On the lookout for a warm weather pattern
  • #
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:53 pm »
Good to have you and your MB here John look forward to checking it out some time in the future...

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Offline FFS

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 09:38:35 pm »
Cheers John, it sounds like you and your fellow club members are paragons of knowledge on these, and other interesting cars. I didn't have time to put in much info in my last as I was just squeezing in an introductory note while at a hotel in Chch. I literally ran out of time and got the brief post in with seconds to spare, before the session timed out after completing my normal business. In any case, members will likely be familiar with my car through the previous owners posts. There's not much to add really,- the car's a late 87 build, first reg in NZ at the start of '88, so it looks like it hasn't been on the salt for long before being brought to NZ. Pretty tidy for a 23 yr old beastie, but it does show its age here and there in some areas (heated seats not coming on, rear wiper motor not switching off once activated), some paint blemishes, occasional noise from a powersteer belt (or unit, heaven forbid), bit of noise from perhaps the thrust bearing. On the plus side i the ur qis of course a car purchased for its charismatic pedigree and for the driving experience it provides....I have hardly stopped using mine since I brought it home. When it's time for work,- "hmm shall I take the bighorn or the quattro?" An easy choice, and now the Bighorns battery's gone flat.

I've had a bit of a search through this website to find out what I can further about this car: NS2146....if anyone knows other history for this car I'd be glad to hear it. As mentioned in my post about that "jizim" ur q (which I looked at before I bought this one) I previously had a 83 ur q in Mars Red, which I sold about 1990. Love the quattros, always have, always will, despite the fact that they absorb money like a Dubai oil Kings mistress.   

Offline GTI's

• ###
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 06:38:41 am »
AUDI QUATTRO 1987 (in White)
Plate: NS2146
Vehicle details

* Make: AUDI
    * Model: QUATTRO
    * Year: 1987
    * Main colour: White
    * Vehicle type: Passenger Car/Van
    * Body style: Sports Car
    * No of seats: 5
    * CC rating: 2,144cc
    * Fuel type: Petrol
    * Country of origin: Germany

Vehicle Identification

* VIN:  Find out by purchasing the report
    * Plate: NS2146
    * Plate type: Standard

* Licence type: L (Licence for normal road use)
    * Licence expiry: 2010, July 23rd (expires in 2 months)
    * Latest licence issued on: 2010, January 20th at 10:10
    * Continuous licence: Yes

Registration

* Registration status: Active
    * Vehicle usage: Private Passenger
    * Cause of latest registration: Used
    * Date of first registration in New Zealand: 1988, January 11th
    * Date of last registration: 1988, January 11th
    * Was registered overseas?: Yes
    * Previous country of registration: United Kingdom

Plates history
Plate    Effective date
NS2146    1988, January 11th

Offline FFS

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 10:30:01 am »
Cheers for that GTI's! I'm going to purchase the owner history details, would be interesting to know who's had the old girl before me.

And thanks slowburn for your info via personal message, I'll give your idea with the wipers a go...it's ages since I tried them. I'm hoping it could be something as simple as what you suggest. Could be i'm simply dafter than I think I am! I've only used the rear screen wiper twice in the couple of months i've had the car, due to the lack of rain hereabouts and the fact the wiper doesn't seem to like the idea of turning off (so I don't use it when I could). I suspect the issue may be with the relay, as the previous owner fitted an aftermarket one which allows adjustable intermittent speed. Have yet to hunt the problem. It's raining today and I'll be using the quattro to duck into Hamilton so will have a play with them.

Offline FFS

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 11:08:36 pm »
Taken a while, but heres a shot of my pearl ur q

Offline John Stone

• On the lookout for a warm weather pattern
  • #
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 06:46:41 am »
Love Pearl White....mmmmm 8)
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Offline RS ZWEI

• Administrator
  • ####
    • http://www.vask.org.nz
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 06:50:49 am »
Yeah, it looks great. Have you just given it a big clean?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26

Offline wilco

• #
  • Ted the Mechanic
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 07:50:27 am »
Hmmm, it'd look just right with a set of rally Fuchs I think. The Ronals look OK but I reckon the Fuchs chunkiness suit the flared guards and square edges better. My old 200T was pearl (now push_buttons CHP) - lovely colour.

And only in the Tron too, close enough to be local!