ur quattro Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 04, 2007, 10:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfashark

Let me know when you're ready make this fence happen, I'll make sure you get a sharp deal on posts, strainers and wire at RD1 in Whangarei ;)
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

John Stone

Wow, thanks everyone - it's very cool to know I have back-up on a project like this. If it ends up on the edge of the access road then it will be a doddle - tractor will do the hard bit :D
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

blue 20v

Quote from: 5-pot on August 03, 2010, 02:39:06 PM
put it up on the events page and make it a VASK fencing meet :P
or a UR,Quattro owners meet up north.....
1986 20vt UR quattro

FFS

Just checking in on progress John...any joy? am still able to shoot up and lend you a hand at some stage if that's any help

John Stone

Thanks John, waiting on the surveyor at the moment, looks like I won't even have to raise a sweat.
Will update when we get through the walky talky stage ;)
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

FFS

KARTS

Was talking to a guy at Shell Point Chev the other day about his beautiful red quattro, Nz new it was. Anyone here? I had to leave quickly so didn't mention VASK.
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

FFS

Haven't put anything much on here in the way of my car, so here we go. Will dig several more up.

FFS

Horch

nothing to compare with a urquattro in pearl John, outstanding pics.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

RS ZWEI

I agree. Its a pretty iconic combination .
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

wilco

The frontal shot with all the autumn leaves looks great!
They look good in that metallic black too I reckon, highlights those angles. Pearls unique though, nice ride 'bro. 

FFS

Thanks guys! I guess we all take lots of photos of our own cars, - it's fun and now and then one comes out alright.

I think I should get my car alongside a metallic black urq for a photoshoot, Steve. Pearl metallic and black metallic...should look great but the exposure will take a bit of getting right. Maybe a HDR shot.

Just on the metallic black, I've only ever seen one in the flesh. That was about 15ish years go, I was walking on Anglesea Street in Hamilton and this machine idled past. Honestly, it was one of the most formidable looking vehicles I've ever seen. From the back it looked so low and wide, and it looked as if it'd just landed from re-entry. I could almost see its surfaces smoking as if from re-entry.
It had a personalised plate,- JISM or GISM. Must be a theme, remember the red run down urq with JIZIM for a plate on trademe? Perhaps I should get aersomalised plate in keeping....dribble perhaps? - just kidding, what awful plates. Think I'll go search for a thread on personalised plates, though, to see what the consensus on them in general is.

Audidude

See this thread hasn't had an update for a while so here goes:

Ever since I bought my first A4 in 1996 I have desired to own a ur quattro. It had to be a 20V (if at all possible), but up until recently prices and circumstances meant it was an unfulfilled dream.

In about 1997 I was passing through Wellington and met up with Dave Eaton who I had "met" online through the quattrolist (www.audifans.com). At the time Dave owned one of the three RR urqs that had been imported new into NZ - the black one - the other two being red and white. He also owned an RS2 (sorry can't remember the colour). I can still remember the thrill of walking towards the urq in the apartment garage it was kept in - it had a brooding presence I'd never experienced with any other car - I was smitten. Dave very kindly took me for a spin down the Wellington motorway in both cars - it was only a brief drive but confirmed the special feel of the ur, and the stunning post-boost acceleration of the RS2!

Over the intervening years the dream has lain dormant...........

But now prices have dropped and my circumstances have changed and a certain VASKer in Auckland (JA) decided to put his mint NZ New 20V urq - the red one - on the market. As an indication of how current times have affected sales of such vehicles it sat unsold on Trademe since May. I spotted it a few weeks ago - the seed was sown.

On Monday 10 days ago the dream was finally realised!

An evening dash with a car trailer to Auckland after work and a wet trip back to home in the Waikato landed me my dream car in my driveway at 1145PM:

I've never washed a car at that time of day before, but there was no way it was spending it's first night at home covered in the wash from my Colorado ute.......... by half past midnight it was restored to the condition JA had presented the car to me in - pristine. I had to warm the engine and dry the brake discs so a short drive down the road gave me my first feel behind the wheel after the sludgy drive in peak hour North Shore traffic I had had with JA the previous Friday.

Wow it felt so alive  - an impression reinforced in spades during my first real drive over the Raglan divvy to work the next morning.

If you haven't ever driven a urq you may be inclined to believe the motoring press who universally criticise Audi for producing cars with numb steering and minimal feedback to the driver - believe me Audi did produce one car that gave the lie to this - it is the ur quattro! The steering feedback is sublime - especially considering it is coming from a pair of driven wheels with the engine sitting forward of them! And the turn-in and tracking is razor sharp - again an amazing achievement. The car has a visceral raw feeling that is probably lost forever in the weight and refinement of the modern car (haven't driven a GT86 yet though - that's what they have tried to achieve again). And yet, incomprehensively, it is also very refined - something my DC2 Integra Type R (another very raw and visceral car) totally lacks!

I drove the car for the next three days - because I couldn't leave it alone! But it is now stored in a dry secure location ready for my summer project - preparing for the Ellerslie Concourse.......I've never had a car at such show so please give me as much advice as possible about how to prep for the event!

The other summer project is to build a big shed........there's something wonderful about the freedom of the single life ;)

'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

FFS

Welcome to the URQ fold Greg. Great entrance.

John

M

That looks amazing, love it.

My only slight issue is that you trailered it back to Waikato....... DRIVE IT!! haha.
Too much power is almost enough.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Audidude on December 06, 2012, 05:42:47 PM
See this thread hasn't had an update for a while so here goes:

Ever since I bought my first A4 in 1996 I have desired to own a ur quattro. It had to be a 20V (if at all possible), but up until recently prices and circumstances meant it was an unfulfilled dream.

In about 1997 I was passing through Wellington and met up with Dave Eaton who I had "met" online through the quattrolist (www.audifans.com). At the time Dave owned one of the three RR urqs that had been imported new into NZ - the black one - the other two being red and white. He also owned an RS2 (sorry can't remember the colour). I can still remember the thrill of walking towards the urq in the apartment garage it was kept in - it had a brooding presence I'd never experienced with any other car - I was smitten. Dave very kindly took me for a spin down the Wellington motorway in both cars - it was only a brief drive but confirmed the special feel of the ur, and the stunning post-boost acceleration of the RS2!

Over the intervening years the dream has lain dormant...........

But now prices have dropped and my circumstances have changed and a certain VASKer in Auckland (JA) decided to put his mint NZ New 20V urq - the red one - on the market. As an indication of how current times have affected sales of such vehicles it sat unsold on Trademe since May. I spotted it a few weeks ago - the seed was sown.

On Monday 10 days ago the dream was finally realised!

An evening dash with a car trailer to Auckland after work and a wet trip back to home in the Waikato landed me my dream car in my driveway at 1145PM:

I've never washed a car at that time of day before, but there was no way it was spending it's first night at home covered in the wash from my Colorado ute.......... by half past midnight it was restored to the condition JA had presented the car to me in - pristine. I had to warm the engine and dry the brake discs so a short drive down the road gave me my first feel behind the wheel after the sludgy drive in peak hour North Shore traffic I had had with JA the previous Friday.

Wow it felt so alive  - an impression reinforced in spades during my first real drive over the Raglan divvy to work the next morning.

If you haven't ever driven a urq you may be inclined to believe the motoring press who universally criticise Audi for producing cars with numb steering and minimal feedback to the driver - believe me Audi did produce one car that gave the lie to this - it is the ur quattro! The steering feedback is sublime - especially considering it is coming from a pair of driven wheels with the engine sitting forward of them! And the turn-in and tracking is razor sharp - again an amazing achievement. The car has a visceral raw feeling that is probably lost forever in the weight and refinement of the modern car (haven't driven a GT86 yet though - that's what they have tried to achieve again). And yet, incomprehensively, it is also very refined - something my DC2 Integra Type R (another very raw and visceral car) totally lacks!

I drove the car for the next three days - because I couldn't leave it alone! But it is now stored in a dry secure location ready for my summer project - preparing for the Ellerslie Concourse.......I've never had a car at such show so please give me as much advice as possible about how to prep for the event!

The other summer project is to build a big shed........there's something wonderful about the freedom of the single life ;)

No regrets not purchasing a 996 then Greg ;)
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Audidude

Quote from: RS ZWEI on December 06, 2012, 09:36:58 PM
No regrets not purchasing a 996 then Greg ;)

Ha ha - not a bit!
On reflection I realised that, while the 911 is truly an aspirational car, it meant less to me than owning what I had always wanted - the urq.
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

td19

Quote from: Audidude on December 06, 2012, 05:42:47 PM

In about 1997 I was passing through Wellington and met up with Dave Eaton who I had "met" online through the quattrolist (www.audifans.com). At the time Dave owned one of the three RR urqs that had been imported new into NZ - the black one - the other two being red and white. He also owned an RS2 (sorry can't remember the colour) ....

Dave's RS2 was Volcano Black  ;):

CBRT

Quote from: Audidude on December 06, 2012, 10:19:01 PM
Ha ha - not a bit!
On reflection I realised that, while the 911 is truly an aspirational car, it meant less to me than owning what I had always wanted - the urq.

Yeah i can speak from experience my old 911 C2 was a far greater love in terms of ownership than the 996 i had..... 996 was a good car just not great- Unlike you URQ which is unbelieveable
2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant