Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

What car do you have?

Year/Model/Engine/Colour/Spec/etc.

Modifications and plans?

Photos as well.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

John Stone

Hey, someones gotta be first;

1986 NZ new WR ur quattro, Tornado red with Graphite leather. I'm the 4th private owner, bought from the guy who had it from 2 years old and 25k miles to when I bought it at 155k with a "recon" engine - yeah right, and since then have poured the family fortune into it  ;)
Had it about 5 years, I think, or maybe it's 6? 
The engine is standard, however it has several special parts, the last Audi turbo elbow hose left for sale anywhere in the world, one of the last 4 brake bias proportioning valves left anywhere in the world as well as many new parts from end to end :o
It has the later MB twin pot calipers, Red Stuff pads all round and Znoelli 12 slot rotors.
The suspension/subframe/sway bar bushes have all been replaced and are a mix of Audi and Superpro eurathane, with the correct Bilsteins.
Biggest plan right now is to get the engine delivering the right amount of fuel under boost -I've been chasing this problem for far to long and some clever people are stumped, the only part I haven't been able to test is the metering head, although I do have the testing procedure so should get on with it!
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

colingrant

1985 WR Zermatt Silver delivered new in Oman and bought here by a Kiwi.
Its a left hooker of course which has benefits in better clutch systems access, no ABS (less to go wrong!) It's bog standard with 148Kilometers on clock. My main goal is to keep it going. At the moment it"s going well the only minor problem being warm starts. Have to grind away for 10 sec or so. Not really a problem. Goes in this month to get the supermarket type dents knocked out and paint touched up. Next project is bushes and CV joint boots.

GlenT

Hey all.
1987 NZ new WR, Alpine White, Grey Leather, Air Con, ABS, I'm the 5th private owner, Had her 6 1/2 years, Now 101k, I have driven 14k of those.
Standard engine, King Dragon air filter, EBC front grooved and dimpled rotors with Green Stuff pads, Standard G60 twin pot calipers, Bridgestone Potenza GIII tyres, I have a set of quattro GmbH alloy sub frame bushes but yet to fit them, All bushes on at the mo are OEM, Plan to keep it that way save sub frame, All my epoxy/carbon items (Radiator shrouds top and bottom, PAS pulley cover, Cam belt cover, Door entry guards)
Plans are to get the under side looking tip top as I have done the engine bay, New dampers plus all the usual up keep.
If I knew how to post a pic below 100kb without it going all grainy I would, but everytime I resize it to that size it looks crap.

phil

It only has to be compressed ( JPEG'ed ) to under 100kb.

GlenT

I'll try this then.

GlenT

Oh I'm getting the hang of it now :D

RS ZWEI

Quote from: colingrant on April 05, 2007, 08:30:21 AM
1985 WR Zermatt Silver delivered new in Oman and bought here by a Kiwi.
Its a left hooker of course which has benefits in better clutch systems access, no ABS (less to go wrong!) It's bog standard with 148Kilometers on clock. My main goal is to keep it going. At the moment it"s going well the only minor problem being warm starts. Have to grind away for 10 sec or so. Not really a problem. Goes in this month to get the supermarket type dents knocked out and paint touched up. Next project is bushes and CV joint boots.

Have you got pics at all Colin?

Quote from: GlenT on April 06, 2007, 10:53:11 AM
I'll try this then.

Glen, your ur looks great, nice pics as well.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

colingrant

Yep Golfboy but being an ignoramus Ill have to get my daughter to put them on. Watch this space.

ja

1990 RR Tornado Red. 3rd owner. 150km. Koni adjustables and springs. (That sounds like a FS ad...) Plans - will look at 1 or 2 minor cosmetic things this year and will concentrate on suspension again next year and probably engine time the year after that. No mechanical issues of any note so far. I'm not sure if there were many options avaliable with the RRs EMD imported, the only one I can think of is my car doesn't have aircon - saving 20 odd kg's...

signalh

My pride and joy
1986 WR Quattro
NZ New, 75,000 miles (125,000kms).  I am the 4th owner.  Car is completely standard.  Has cloth interior (not sure how many NZ New Quattros had cloth vs retrofitted leather).  No plans for modifications.  Want to keep as standard as financially possible!! Only contingency is replacing audi rings on drivers door that previous owner made a mess of with his water blaster.

5-pot

Those wheels are 15" aren't they?  I've been trying to find something similar to those for my B3 90 but I don't think I'll have any luck...  :(
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

GTI's

There are some real nice cars in vask!

Would be great to see them all together one day!

mik

hello from across the pond... hobart tasmania,

have a 1982 Lahsa Blue, WR,  90er...94000miles

car has been in bits fro a while, but now has a brand spanking new (er well newish) head, cam  belt, waterpump and bunch of gaskets... very happy man i am...

graeme

now thats interesting,I thought the early cars on the skinny wheels did't get sun roofs (like mine) and was where I soursed my S1 roof from.

John Stone

Excellent, a new quattro owner, and from Tasmania too - welcome aboard...
Your car is a very early example, do you have any history on the car? I guess it was a UK import at some stage, is it blue, or black?

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Mike

Quote from: graeme on January 17, 2008, 07:12:31 AM
now thats interesting,I thought the early cars on the skinny wheels did't get sun roofs (like mine) and was where I soursed my S1 roof from.

I've seen early cars with and without sunroofs. I suspect that they were an optional extra (wow!) in the early days and seem to have become standard by the time the 20v came along. Adds 15kg to the weight according to Haynes.

graeme

hate the things myself,could'nt believe it when I found my UR,no sunroof and analogue dash,fitted the big wheels....perfect.

mik

hi all, its a dark blue/greeny colour (if you have gran turismo 4, pick quattro, go all left, pick Lahsa Blue... there you go... ;D)

Now I have pieced together little bits and pieces, which colud all be wrong, have paperwork going back to '87...

Apparently the last 17 cars of the original WR build, with the quad headlights and analoge dash were the 1st RHD cars built (rather than a conversion), and mine is one of those...

Also apparently there were 12 cars in the UK, to get the sunroof that tilts and slides back... mines one of those, which is not actually a good thing...

Found some only info by the previous owner, who thought that this car was brought out for the melbourne motor show in early 80's guess '83...

bearing in mind, these 3 bits of info, could be completely wrong... (have the build no.s for the RHD cars, but have been too lazy to check, in case its not, hahaha)...

anyway, i was very lucky (or unlucky) to find this car, as there arn't amy in OZ, and bugger all in Tas, but it was the colour i wanted, without the digi dash... too bad it had a few woes...

but this did inspire me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mik_git/quattro/quattro_WRvRR_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mik_git/quattro/quattro_WRvRR_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mik_git/quattro/quattro_WRvRR_3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mik_git/quattro/quattro_WRvRR_4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mik_git/quattro/quattro_WRvRR_5.jpg

mik

Quote from: graeme on January 17, 2008, 10:23:39 AM
hate the things myself,could'nt believe it when I found my UR,no sunroof and analogue dash,fitted the big wheels....perfect.

yes can't say i'm a fan, in summer, you open it, your head gets burned, in winter, you either get cold or wet or both... how in the world do people have convertables...

on another note, i thought thewider wheels came on teh facelifted WR, which also had revised suspension (lowered, angles atc) to make them fit and that the analogue dash was only carried over on US LHD cars...

which makes me ask, will the wider wheels fit my car without too much stuffing about? I do love the originality of my wheels... but... the wider ones do look better... (the only think I don't love about my car...other than the total fear something tiny will break an i won't be abel to fix it...)