ur quattro Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 04, 2007, 10:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFS

Cheers for that GTI's! I'm going to purchase the owner history details, would be interesting to know who's had the old girl before me.

And thanks slowburn for your info via personal message, I'll give your idea with the wipers a go...it's ages since I tried them. I'm hoping it could be something as simple as what you suggest. Could be i'm simply dafter than I think I am! I've only used the rear screen wiper twice in the couple of months i've had the car, due to the lack of rain hereabouts and the fact the wiper doesn't seem to like the idea of turning off (so I don't use it when I could). I suspect the issue may be with the relay, as the previous owner fitted an aftermarket one which allows adjustable intermittent speed. Have yet to hunt the problem. It's raining today and I'll be using the quattro to duck into Hamilton so will have a play with them.

FFS

Taken a while, but heres a shot of my pearl ur q

John Stone

86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

RS ZWEI

Yeah, it looks great. Have you just given it a big clean?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

wilco

Hmmm, it'd look just right with a set of rally Fuchs I think. The Ronals look OK but I reckon the Fuchs chunkiness suit the flared guards and square edges better. My old 200T was pearl (now push_buttons CHP) - lovely colour.

And only in the Tron too, close enough to be local!

FFS

I would crawl across broken glass for a set of fuchs. I've been looking sort of sideways at some for sale on the internet in the US for a while now. The quattro's due for a clean, I've been using it far too much (pretty much as a daily driver, 7000km in past four months). This photo was time exposure taken in moonlight, with a small amount of flash,- maybe why it looks clean! Mind you I think road film and dust doesn't show show so much on white anyway...does anyone else find that?     

wilco

Nah you don't need to walk over glass, maybe contribute liquids encased in said medium if you like.

Made the call this week to sell my set of Fuchs. I'd been keeping them to go on the Coupe GT 2.8V6 project but as time goes on and fertile minds drift off to the next one....

So I have a set, good nick, no centre caps. Apparently the caps are slightly different than those on the contemporary Audi 80's.  Dunno, I have plenty of those however.

Yeah they're getting a bit pricey now aye?  I'm not after a premium but want to recoup a reasonable amount.  Probably should start a FS thread so Nic don't slam me...

W.

John Stone

Quote from: wilco on July 29, 2010, 08:32:36 AM
Nah you don't need to walk over glass, maybe contribute liquids encased in said medium if you like.

Made the call this week to sell my set of Fuchs. I'd been keeping them to go on the Coupe GT 2.8V6 project but as time goes on and fertile minds drift off to the next one....

So I have a set, good nick, no centre caps. Apparently the caps are slightly different than those on the contemporary Audi 80's.  Dunno, I have plenty of those however.

Yeah they're getting a bit pricey now aye?  I'm not after a premium but want to recoup a reasonable amount.  Probably should start a FS thread so Nic don't slam me...
W.

Sky darkens with carrion eaters......... :laugh:
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

slowburn

Quote from: John Stone on July 29, 2010, 01:56:53 PM
Sky darkens with carrion eaters......... :laugh:

Bwah ha ha ha!!! too true,and thus very funny :laugh:
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

FFS

I'll watch for a Fuchs thread, and start doing the dishes more often so I'm in the good books!

John Stone

Quote from: FFS on July 29, 2010, 08:58:51 PM
I'll watch for a Fuchs thread, and start doing the dishes more often so I'm in the good books!
Ha - I'd have to fence 600m of boundary, rebuild the laundry, open up a new entrance, do the underfloor insulation, then do the dishes....
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

FFS

Looks like i've got the head start then....you'd best get started!!

John Stone

Quote from: FFS on July 30, 2010, 07:56:51 AM
Looks like i've got the head start then....you'd best get started!!

Yeah :( :( :(
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

5-pot

?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

FFS

John, forget the Fuchs, have a vask meet at your place and collar some help...funnily enough, I've done fencing, a laundry, and underfloor insulation in the past several years (and i've done some some dishes) 

John Stone

The forestry manager for the neighbouring block wants the fence on the pegs, not the access road - it's very steep off the edge, not tractor contour and a strainer maybe every 50m :o
I doubt anyone would be keen - I know I'm not.....
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

FFS

Ouch, I see what you mean...no tractor rammer or borer. Two man posthole borer do it or is the ground full of roots? If the fence goes on the pegs the forestry owner and you are obliged to each pay and do half, yeah? If the fence is following the track, is it on the forestry land? If so he probably wants it on the pegs otherwise it could be argued the cost is all his...maybe if you have a contract to share costs though the fence is on his land you could follow the easier contour...I don't know your situation, just theorising here :) :)   

John Stone

No tree roots, but almost too steep to stand on in places. However I've been discussing your last suggestion with their lawyer who has more brains than the forest manager who is one of those experts on all things great and small. When they redid the access road most of my survey pegs got buried by the earthworks, than he came over to our place ranting "where are your boundary pegs".......
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

FFS

He doesn't sound easy to deal with...i'll be a starter to come give you a hand with some fencing. Give us some warning and I'll take some time off work owing to me. Not much of an assistant but I can hang off the other side of a two-man posthole borer, or dig using a manual posthole borer. Can even belt staples in!

5-pot

put it up on the events page and make it a VASK fencing meet :P
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI