RS2/S2 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 04, 2007, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portmanteau

This thread "hijack" should perhaps be moved to a thread of its own?

:)

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

Generallee

Hi There

I'm now a proud owner of a Red 1995 RS2 117,000 km's bought brand new buy buy Ray Barker ( owner of Barkers )

just wondering if there is an audi club or track day ??

Will upload photo's soon

Cheers

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Generallee on July 13, 2008, 06:13:13 PM
Hi There

I'm now a proud owner of a Red 1995 RS2 117,000 km's bought brand new buy buy Ray Barker ( owner of Barkers )

just wondering if there is an audi club or track day ??

Will upload photo's soon

Cheers

You are now a member of NZs Audi club. Welcome to the forum.
You are now our 4th RS2 member.
In regards to tracks days, we normally have one offical VASK track day a year.
Did you view: http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,496.0.html

Lovely car you have there BTW, a number of members know of it.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Generallee

You are now a member of NZs Audi club. Welcome to the forum.
You are now our 4th RS2 member.
In regards to tracks days, we normally have one offical VASK track day a year.
Did you view: http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,496.0.html

Lovely car you have there BTW, a number of members know of it.

Hey

Thanks alot :) it's a great car indeed  I am in the process of a few minor cosmetic touch ups nothing major  i just got it inspected by a friend at cc cars auckland he said it is incredible nick all round  whoo hooo  I clicked on the link but couldn't see the date ??  is it coming up or has it gone already ??

cheers

lee

WRURQ

Hi Lee, congratulations on the RS2, is this the Red one that was on Trade recently. I own one of the Black one's in AKL.

Generallee

Hi Lee, congratulations on the RS2, is this the Red one that was on Trade recently. I own one of the Black one's in AKL.

Hey

thanks alot so wrapped with it.. you have a black one awsome :)  we should do a road run  want to get some tips on them ..

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Generallee on July 14, 2008, 07:31:52 PM

Hey

thanks alot so wrapped with it.. you have a black one awsome :)  we should do a road run  want to get some tips on them ..

If your after RS2 road tests check out the RS2 side of this website my brother made about 7 years ago:
http://www.quickclassics.2ya.com/

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

VeeDub

Is this the red RS2 with number plate BKU*** or something like that? Saw a red one with that plate on victoria st, AKL last week. Keep up the good tunes too dude.

Generallee

Hey man

yeah that was me.. i was playing at a club in the area .. good spotting  :)  that night i embarrassed 307 hsv on nelson street poor bugga didn't no hwat had passed him

signalh

Congratulations on your purchase!! That car is a minter.  I caught up with Lyn at a garage one day and got to have a good look at the car.  Be good to see it out and about a bit more!!

Hope all goes well

Generallee

Quote from: signalh on July 15, 2008, 02:18:50 PM
Congratulations on your purchase!! That car is a minter.  I caught up with Lyn at a garage one day and got to have a good look at the car.  Be good to see it out and about a bit more!!

Hope all goes well

Thanks man yeah it's in very good nick  I'm putting into auto werks next friday for a few touch up's. It's going into cc cars on saturday for a few bit's and bob's but other than than very sound  indeed

do you have one ??

pause1

Hi Lee
Well done on the car. Good nick, especially inside.
Took it for a test drive. ( If it is the one from Hamilton.) and would recommend you do a couple of checks on the car.
I have driven about 8 - 10 RS2's in my lifetime, in all different stages of tuning, and that one is very slow. If you think it is quick then wait until you have it sorted.
Have the cambelt timing checked, it might be out by a tooth. Also check the sparkplugs and make sure they are RS2 originals. Replace the 710N valve and check the connections where the intercooler plugs into the metal crossbar for leaks. those are pretty simple things you can do that will hopefully make a huge difference.  Also can replace your N75 valve. Let us know how you get on.

All the best.

WRURQ

What would be a good indication of normal performance in a standard RS2? Problem I see is that because RS2s are faster than most Car's then they feel very fast but as you say above may actually be slower than full potential.

WRURQ

Golfboy, nice RS2 road tests in the link, I had somehow overlooked the Road Test Media page previously............

RS ZWEI

Quote from: RS2 on July 16, 2008, 08:51:26 PM
Golfboy, nice RS2 road tests in the link, I had somehow overlooked the Road Test Media page previously............

Cheers, well its more thanks to Matt. Ill link them up to the forum sometime.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Generallee

Quote from: pause1 on July 16, 2008, 06:57:30 PM
Hi Lee
Well done on the car. Good nick, especially inside.
Took it for a test drive. ( If it is the one from Hamilton.) and would recommend you do a couple of checks on the car.
I have driven about 8 - 10 RS2's in my lifetime, in all different stages of tuning, and that one is very slow. If you think it is quick then wait until you have it sorted.
Have the cambelt timing checked, it might be out by a tooth. Also check the sparkplugs and make sure they are RS2 originals. Replace the 710N valve and check the connections where the intercooler plugs into the metal crossbar for leaks. those are pretty simple things you can do that will hopefully make a huge difference.  Also can replace your N75 valve. Let us know how you get on.

All the best.

hey

Yeah it's the one from hamilton .. I think it's fast already but haven't had anything to compare it by  i'ts going into cc cars on saturday for a look over i will forward you review onto him there.  geez if it's only running at 80 % i'm going to get a pleasant surprise :)

thanks for that

Lee

pause1

The thing that makes you grin from ear to ear on the RS2 is when the turbo kicks in when you have pedal to the metal in 2nd gear. When yours is sorted you will know what I mean. Be careful not to fix the problem by chipping- you will just mask the problem.
At about 5000rpm your car runs a bit rough and revs out very slowly to the redline. You should feel a big difference there as well when sorted.

All the best.

Generallee

Quote from: pause1 on July 17, 2008, 06:46:51 PM
The thing that makes you grin from ear to ear on the RS2 is when the turbo kicks in when you have pedal to the metal in 2nd gear. When yours is sorted you will know what I mean. Be careful not to fix the problem by chipping- you will just mask the problem.
At about 5000rpm your car runs a bit rough and revs out very slowly to the redline. You should feel a big difference there as well when sorted.

All the best.

Hey Man

Yeah it does run a bit rough around 5k  I forwarded what you sent me to the CC cars tech he is going to check it all..  don't beleive in chips :) cant wait to have in running 110 %

thanks

Generallee

Quote from: pause1 on July 17, 2008, 06:46:51 PM

All the best.

Hey

All sorted now  prob 20% better replaced the spark plugs  and wow what a differance. 2nd to third is awsome

WRURQ

Hows your RS2, still good? Are you enjoying it?