RS2/S2 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 04, 2007, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

td19

Quote from: R32 Simon on June 14, 2007, 04:30:32 PM
Did you notice a power increase? Also you can get a Miltek down pipe, did you get the complete system?

Cheers
Can't really say I noticed a power increase ... in fact initially there seemed to be a power decrease!  However after 'running in' the system it is back to as is was before with possibly a touch more grunt.  Yes, I installed the full system including cat. 

R32 Simon

Thanks for that, if your in Ponsonby at all please pop into the cafe for a chat & a great coffee.

Cafe Bliss 286 Ponsonby Rd.

Cheers

R32 Simon

Drove my new RS2 out to Piha today, what a machine!

You really don?t get a feel for the car around the city, my R32 is much better, but the story is a very different one on the country roads, the RS2 covers the ground so quickly, the RS2 maybe over 12 years old but its still a formidable machine.

phil

Can you post some pictures of it Simon ?

R32 Simon

Will take some tomorrow if its not raining  ;)

GlenT

They handle so well don't they.
You soon forget that they weigh in at 1600kg's! The brakes are fantastic.
It's like the Ur, they are a bit sluggish round town, but let them loose on the highway and man do you get a smile.
I'm glad you bought one, this seems to be the right car with the right owner, who will have many years of fun together.

R32 Simon

Thanks Glen, it is an amazing car, my plans are to fully restore it to new condition starting from the bottom up!

Photo taken today

rambo_005

Quote from: RS2 Simon on June 21, 2007, 11:43:18 AM
Thanks Glen, it is an amazing car, my plans are to fully restore it to new condition starting from the bottom up!

Photo taken today

Very nice! Always will be a fantastic looking car. How many RS2s on VASK now?

RS ZWEI

Quote from: RS2 Simon on June 21, 2007, 11:43:18 AM

Photo taken today

Nice Simon, are you going to fit a euro plate, P/plate at all?

Also, does it have leather?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

R32 Simon

Yes it has the full leather & it?s very slippy! I may change the lumber to suede, or do you have any suggestions?

The Euro plate is on its way!

Also Nick it has a detachable tow bar but a small cut has been made to fit it, can you get a detachable tow bar that actually fits rather than having to cut away the rear bumper?

Cheers

SimonS2

I've read that there is an OEM removable tow-bar for S2, which I guess fits RS2 (unless the RS2 bumper is deeper). Apparently it is still available, but is big $$$.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: RS2 Simon on June 21, 2007, 05:10:44 PM
Yes it has the full leather & it?s very slippy! I may change the lumber to suede, or do you have any suggestions?

The Euro plate is on its way!

Also Nick it has a detachable tow bar but a small cut has been made to fit it, can you get a detachable tow bar that actually fits rather than having to cut away the rear bumper?

Cheers

Im not to sure about the towbar Simon sorry.

Re: the leather, it must be the same crap thats in my VR6 (well its the same era), honesty I think its border line dangerous, well my seats arent as deep as yours.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Turbo

Quote from: RS2 Simon on June 21, 2007, 05:10:44 PM

alcantara?
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Trofeo

2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Turbo on June 22, 2007, 10:53:03 AM
alcantara?

Alcantara was an option in RS2s (Dads old one had grey). Its better wearing than Suede.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

spooln

Leathers fine. RS2 seats are deep enough to stop flying out of them.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

R32 Simon

Maybe its my fat arse thats causing the ploblem  ::)

Filx

Awesome car Simon - getting one in black is a great score too IMO.

This is a bit left field - but would I be out of line in suggesting that if cars are generally considered female gender then having "DYK" on the plate is quite suitable for a more "butch" vehicle like the RS2  ;) :D
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

R32 Simon

Lol

Dam I thought I would get away with it, well spotted Filx!

I am in touch with my feminine side ok  ::)

pause1

I actually have an original detachable towbar for RS2 in my garage somewhere. Bought RS4 now so might not need it. It is U shape and goes under bumper. No cutting.