FS: 1982 Golf GTi 1.6

Started by mk1fan, March 24, 2005, 05:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1fan

Hi there,
We've just bought our first house, so sadly there are no funds left to restore my Red '82 Golf GTi and I need to pass it on.? I thought i'd post something here before trying trademe - as i'd love it to go to someone who can either restore it, or use it to keep another of these great cars on the road.

It was purchased new in UK, and imported to NZ in 1983 (still has the black numberplate - LH3).? It has been off the road for a while (is on the restoration register), and will fire up but then dies immediately (accumulator?).? The biggest problem though is some rust at the bottom of the windscreen that will need attending to, and a little rust on the left door and bonnet.? Otherwise, the body and interior are in good shape.? The car has not been modified in any way.? I started taking the interior apart - all the bits are still around in numbered bags!

Before I realised I wouldn't have the dosh to restore it anytime soon, I had fitted a new radiator and seatbelts.? I also have a brand-new windscreen, windscreen rubber and accumulator available, still in the box from VAG.? Ideally these would be part of the sale, but I am open on that.

Please feel free to ask questions here or email me - [email protected] - if you'd like to know more or come and take a look.? I have to do something with it before 1 April, when we move house.

RS ZWEI

Can you post up pics?
How many Miles has it done?
How long have you had it?
What city is the car in?
How much money do you want for it?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

mk1fan

Sure, i'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
It's done about 120,000 miles, and i've had it since '95, although it's been off the road since about 2000.
The car is in Auckland (North Shore).
I think $500 would be reasonable for the car and the parts (the new parts alone cost $750 from Qualitat).
BTW the interior trim and the Recaros themselves are all present and correct and in excellent condition.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: mk1fan on March 24, 2005, 09:46:31 PM
Sure, i'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
It's done about 120,000 miles, and i've had it since '95, although it's been off the road since about 2000.
The car is in Auckland (North Shore).
I think $500 would be reasonable for the car and the parts (the new parts alone cost $750 from Qualitat).
BTW the interior trim and the Recaros themselves are all present and correct and in excellent condition.

Where in the North Shore, Im up in Castor Bay this weekend from Staurday night.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

RS ZWEI

hartster  might be keen on this car as well.
He lives on the shore but is away for Easter this weekend.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

hartster

I certainly am interested - i'll pm you mr hewlett and organise a time - you can call me on 027 444 7817

thanks Nik for the tip. definitely not going away now - weather v crappy - will be around and about the north shore.

mk1fan

Thanks Nik - Hartster's just been around and relieved me of my Golf.? Very, very sad to see it go, but at least now I know it's gone to someone that'll resurrect it.
Kinda funny to see him turn up in my old Mk2 16V!! :D

hartster

yeah yeah yeah i'm a happy golfer today - thanks to mr mk1fan and mr golfboy666gti - now there's another project to get underway - this one with require some tlc to nurse back to its former glory but i'm stoked to get a mars red one that hasn't been buggered around with. original spec!

now then, what was it that i was going to do with that 2.0 16v engine... let's see...

8)