Windscreen sensor or aerial?

Started by NZBRO, July 27, 2016, 08:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZBRO

Hi there, i have this stick on thing on my R32 mk4 windscreen,
theres 2 of them inline with the sunvisors that have wires connected from them and runs underneath roof lining.
I've tried vvortex but no real answers, Someone did suggest it could be phone aerial which i think could be,
but someone on here might know what they are.

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

NZBRO

My fm aerial is on the top rear roof. Other R32 mk4 owners have said they never seen those before.

McDoof

Sorry misread your golf version. I think my MK5 GTI has something that looks like that in each of the rear quarter windows for FM.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

HaNs

Car a jap import? Would have been for a system like GPS or road tolls. Rip it off.

NZBRO

yeah im gonna peel them off this week so that i can stick on a black sunstrip tint instead.
I didn't like the look of them on there, it looked ugliestly odd Lol...

Bej96

Hey, if you car is a Jap import it may have a pioneer Carrozeria, Under the passenger seat these are the aerials for that. You dont need it as it supplys the tv etc for the car in japan etc

Alcest

Resurrecting this old thread. I have the exact same stickers with wires on my 2005 mk5 gti. I'd like to remove them but as there is no visible shark fin aerial on the car roof I'm wondering if the stickers must be the FM aerial?

Thanks