Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

What car do you have?

Year/Model/Engine/Colour/Spec/etc.

Modifications and plans?

Photos as well.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rambo_005

kenny8valve

Are there any members with corrados ???are there any corrados here in new zealand ???I still have not seen one since i have moved here in january.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: kenny8valve on April 18, 2007, 12:59:26 AM
Are there any members with corrados ???are there any corrados here in new zealand ???I still have not seen one since i have moved here in january.
[/quote

http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,4001.210.html
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Simon MkII

Quote from: kenny8valve on April 18, 2007, 12:59:26 AM

13 NZ new and a few imports. I think at least 5 or 6 of those are vask members.
Mazda Mx5

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 16vGTI on April 18, 2007, 08:56:11 AM
13 NZ new and a few imports. I think at least 5 or 6 of those are vask members.

8 if you have a look in the above link.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

DidHaveACorrado

Go on then I'll go first.

1990 VW Corrado 1.8 16v

- Black diamond brake discs
- Factory calipers painted red all round
- AEZ Pyron 17" wheels fitted with Toyo
- Nology Hot wires HT leads
- Debadged front grill by FK
- Koni springs
- Milltek exhaust system
- K&N
- Upgraded headlights

Plans for the future: 1.8T upgrade with a Garret turbo, chipped and TDI gear box. Would like to get her to 300hp easy with this, any more and i'll need 4x4 and stronger engine bits. I've read they can go as high as 600-700 hp.

Neil_Corrado

OK, 13 NZ new, 1 written off(white one) and 5 imports.

Mine was the 6th one registered on the 28.03.90 chassis number K_014533, in Tornado red, with black/petrol interior. Other than that its standard 1989 "K chassis" spec, which is sunroof.
Sales type 509074, meaning KR 16v with a AGC 5 speed manual. So far its the only one I know of to have manual windows.

- Bilstein B6 Sport shock absorbers
- 23mm front anti roll bar with SuperPro bushes
- MK4 R32 front lower rear suspension bush (solid)
- braided steel brake flexi lines
- 280x22mm front brake upgrade from the G60 Corrado
- Znoelli 12 slot disc rotors all round
- BBM solid front engine mount
- replaced all the suspension rubber bushes and stops
- cleaned and polished wheel arches  :D
- Yokohama A048 intermediate tyres
- external 13 row oil cooler with thermostat takeoff plate
- front upper, lower and rear stress bars
- K&N Air filter
- modified air box
- upgraded headlight loom
- new Volkswagen BBS alloys (single piece)

Have yet to fit, enlarged motorsport sump, VW windage tray and a 9A oil pump.

Rado

Mines a nz new '89 16v 1.8 (I think all the NZ new ones were the 1.8 16v with no cat.) And no rear sway bar for some reason. Anybody got a NZ new one with a rear sway bar??  It was standard (front and back) in other countries.
Jamex -40mm springs
Koni adjustable struts
16" alloys, 16 spoke like the factory (dated looking) 15" wheels
EBC Greenstuff brake pads (highly recommended)
Momo evo sport part suede steering wheel (nice on cold mornings!)
de-seamed rear panel
later 3 bar grill
VR6 bonnet
modified airbox
King Dragon air filter

chassis K...014518

I also have a black 2.0 16v Corrado, ex japan, for spare parts. Anybody after any precious Corrado bits???

typ53

Neil will be able to fill you in on the details of mine (re # registered, chassis #, etc).

'90 KR 16v, 5 speed man.
Recently repainted in the original Tornado Red, Platinum (grey) interior.
largely standard apart from Koni T/A shocks, Remus Exhaust, MOMO Wheel and the obligatory aftermarket panel filter.

I bought it in '94 to replace my then beloved Golf2 16v, back then it was a one owner car with 27k's on the clock.

Plans? Where to start?

Firstly finish the exterior refurbish.

Then: the parts bin (laundry cupboards *ahem*) is full of stuff accumulated to fit when I get breathing space on the house reno:

280mm Brakes, braided lines, suspension bushes, engine mounts, sway bars, strut braces, short shifter, oil cooler, OZ alloys (they're in the garage) various electrical bits and pieces and some engine upgrade bits   >:D

Still trying to decide on lowering or not.  40mm is a big drop as far as my driveway is concerned.
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Ms GTi

typ53

Quote from: Rado on April 18, 2007, 11:11:30 AM
Mines a nz new '89 16v 1.8 (I think all the NZ new ones were the 1.8 16v with no cat.) And no rear sway bar for some reason. Anybody got a NZ new one with a rear sway bar??  It was standard (front and back) in other countries.

I have a feeling that they were standard here too.  Mine has one, I think Neil's does too.  They are largely hidden inside the rear torsion beam and so are a bit difficult to spot.

As for spare bits...what have you got? (Trying to sound nonchalant...)  I'm looking for a rt headlight reflector, maybe the plastic grille insert that goes in the front bumper and...the plastic striker plate clip on the rear hatch frame that the boot opener assist hits.

Nice Wheels btw.  They really help modernise the car's look.
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Rado

Yeah the Corrado has quite a long nose overhang, and the factory spoiler is fairly deep. I've lowered 40mm and the chin spoiler does scrape occasionally, and you have to stop short of some carpark "stop" curbs or scrape your way on to it and then scrape your way off embarrassingly. You could consider taking the spoiler off and trimming it slightly, something I toyed with but never got round to.

Rado

It's a whole car minus rear panel, hatch and rear bar. Grill insert in bumper? Yeah its got those but the jap import bumper is slightly different (well the spotlight mounts were different any way

Rado

Can do the rear catch plate thingie, kind of protective of those headlamps though...  does the reflector pop out if you open the light? If it does then I could probably part with that...

RS ZWEI

So Rado, is your parts Corrado a VR6? If so is it a 2.8 or a 2.9? Manual or auto?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Rado

No it's the 2.0 litre 16v, the bonnet I stole off it is the VR6 style bonnet with the middle section raised instead of lower like the early 16v. and the front edge is steeper giving a more blunt front to the car.

robh

Do you have any dash parts?  I would be keen on the center panel of the dash?  What year is it and what colour is the interior?
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

Rado

Yep got the dash but it is LEFT HAND DRIVE.(oops I forgot to mention that sorry) Black interior on this one. It's a '94. But black. Oh and manual, 5 speed.

typ53

Quote from: Rado on April 18, 2007, 11:35:20 AM
Can do the rear catch plate thingie, kind of protective of those headlamps though...  does the reflector pop out if you open the light? If it does then I could probably part with that...

I don't blame you to be honest!  The reflector will come out with some dismantling, but it would be a little dis-ingenious of me to take it from you - the lenses aren't too expensive at the dealer's but the rest is only available from the dealer as a complete part nowdays apparently at mind-blowing expense! I'll try and get mine re-chromed first and if that doesn't work perhaps I'll get back to you.

I would appreciate the catch plate though (it's a little difficult to get off - you have to be careful and squeeze the tabs that hold it in from under the rear sill.  Don't ask me how I know!).

Oh and if anyone has the extra gauge pod for a RHD Corrado that they want to part with...  ;)

The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring