Previous topic - Next topic

anne t

Had a wee oil +filter change and a good clean :)and my finger :laugh:

anne t

brookfromhamilton

Praise the lowered.

97' mk3 gti golf | 98' Ford Mondeo mk2 [Daily]

coons

Good to see another Corrado getting some good loving!

M M

Bought not built.

anne t

anne t

Quote from: anne t on August 06, 2012, 03:01:30 AM

new wheels +tyres on as of 4-08-12
spoonfed front spoiler "70mm" in the post
Vibra-technics fast road engine mounts 3off pick up later today

anne t

still_a_G

Hey what's up guys.  I'm an engineer in the states thinking about emigrating to NZ.  If I do I might import my 16V G60 Corrado.  All the rules say I should be able to drive it there.  How much are Corrados worth in your parts?

Here's the car  http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5872174-Still_a_G-s-last-attempt-at-Corrado-ownership

80 Vert

Quote from: still_a_G on May 25, 2013, 04:51:25 PM
Hey what's up guys.  I'm an engineer in the states thinking about emigrating to NZ.  If I do I might import my 16V G60 Corrado.  All the rules say I should be able to drive it there.  How much are Corrados worth in your parts?

Here's the car  http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5872174-Still_a_G-s-last-attempt-at-Corrado-ownership

No offence but why on earth do you want to come and live here when you have a place like that?
Have you looked at how high property prices are here?
Not to mention the utter crap boxes your money buys here, property has gone insane here.

You will be able to bring your car and keep it left hand drive, however there are hoops to jump through to get it legal especially if modified.
All modified vehicles here need a modified vehicle cert, count on at least 1500-2000 to get it road legal, entry certification will run 700-1000 plus 500-600 for mod cert if nothing else needs doing.
Any underbody rust is an issue, all cars require 6 monthly roadworth check once on the road.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Number21

Quote from: 80 Vert on May 25, 2013, 05:20:09 PM
No offence but why on earth do you want to come and live here when you have a place like that?
Not to mention the utter crap boxes your money buys here, property has gone insane here.

You can live in NZ and not in Auckland. Some beautiful places down here  >:D

still_a_G

Quote from: 80 Vert on May 25, 2013, 05:20:09 PM

You will be able to bring your car and keep it left hand drive, however there are hoops to jump through to get it legal especially if modified.
All modified vehicles here need a modified vehicle cert, count on at least 1500-2000 to get it road legal, entry certification will run 700-1000 plus 500-600 for mod cert if nothing else needs doing.
Any underbody rust is an issue, all cars require 6 monthly roadworth check once on the road.

ha, honest opinions are what we're going to need to make this decision.  So thanks!  It doesn't sound like the certification costs would make importing worth it.  I ask because my Corrado is not worth much in the states.  Maybe $4,000. Since they're rare in NZ, I was wondering if an increase in value could offset the cost of importing.

Any why move there?  The mountains, the ocean and lower taxes....

ranton-inc

Quote from: still_a_G on May 26, 2013, 02:41:07 AM
ha, honest opinions are what we're going to need to make this decision.  So thanks!  It doesn't sound like the certification costs would make importing worth it.  I ask because my Corrado is not worth much in the states.  Maybe $4,000. Since they're rare in NZ, I was wondering if an increase in value could offset the cost of importing.

Mountain and oceans yes... In the South Island.

Lower taxes ... Not so much

Try lower wages.

Expensive housing

..... The list goes on

d1eng

Might be selling my 1989 VW Corrado 1.8 16v soon. Completely original. NZ new. Reason I might sell is I need a day to day car and also a car my 16 year old can learn to drive in and I can't keep the Corrado & get a new car. Colour is graphite charcoal (original) and is a very rare colour. Let me know if anyone is interested/keen.

80 Vert

Quote from: still_a_G on May 26, 2013, 02:41:07 AM

You biggest problem of all will be the fact that it's left hand drive, doesn't appeal to many people here unfortunately.
I have a few lhd cars and like them for that reason but most don't think like me.
Totally agree with Budalo, most won't say it like it really is...........
Been here for vacation?
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

SOFTLAD

Quote from: Budalo on May 26, 2013, 07:43:23 AM
Mountain and oceans yes... In the South Island.
Lower taxes ... Not so much
Try lower wages.
Expensive housing
..... The list goes on
That true, but as an x pom one thin NZ doesn't have is all the baggage that comes with living in the Uk or US.......more serious crime & drug issues, mass unemployment.
I know where I'd rather be living

still_a_G

Hi guys, I don't want to hijack this thread too much.  If I'm off my rocker here please let me know in a private message.   ;)

The tax rates I see say that someone in NZ who makes $70k (USD) in NZ pays $14,020 in country tax, where in the US the same person pays $13,430 country + $3,700 state + $3,600 welfare.  And we don't get free college or health care.  Health insurance is an additional $5,000+ per couple.  College is $20,000+ per year.  Town/property tax is an easy $3,000 - $9,000 a year!  And then there's sales tax!  All USD.

Just looking to get out of this mess of a place.  Again, I'm happy to discuss in private messages.  I know car guys are typically helpful around the world.  Thought I'd start some research with my fellow dubbers!  Thanks!

watercooled

Quote from: d1eng on June 02, 2013, 01:26:20 PM
Mine is now up for sale 8)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=599807880&ed=true

Yep its mine bought it,can anyone confirm this is the only black one in NZ and what is the total number of these cars in NZ?
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.

rambo_005