Corrado Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 16, 2007, 11:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typ53

Quote from: Rado on April 18, 2007, 12:17:38 PM
Funnily enough my girlfriend didnt like the left hand drive thing heh heh, sitting on the right reaching for an imaginary steering wheel. I considered putting a steering wheel there, would make getting pulled over for speeding kinda amusing...
It has got the extra gauges but I'm using those

Did you get the extra gauges from the LHD console?  I was always under the impression that they wouldn't fit.  If they do that's nice to know - opens up a few possibilities.
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: typ53 on April 18, 2007, 12:11:54 PM
I don't blame you to be honest!  The reflector will come out with some dismantling, but it would be a little dis-ingenious of me to take it from you - the lenses aren't too expensive at the dealer's but the rest is only available from the dealer as a complete part nowdays apparently at mind-blowing expense! I'll try and get mine re-chromed first and if that doesn't work perhaps I'll get back to you.

I would appreciate the catch plate though (it's a little difficult to get off - you have to be careful and squeeze the tabs that hold it in from under the rear sill.  Don't ask me how I know!).

Oh and if anyone has the extra gauge pod for a RHD Corrado that they want to part with...  ;)

Not wanting to burst your bubble Craig, but the lenses and reflectors are LHD & RHD specific.

typ53

Ah...Bugger.

Btw, I've managed to find some of those catalogues I asked you about yesterday - will drop them off later this week.  Interesting, if academic reading...There's a nice VW sump there...  :P
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Rado

Quote from: Neil on April 18, 2007, 01:21:36 PM
Not wanting to burst your bubble Craig, but the lenses and reflectors are LHD & RHD specific.
Ah yes.....  It would point in to oncoming traffic a bit wouldn't it.... you can put a piece of black tape over the offending area like the owners manual suggests but that would be naff. Now my spare parts Corrado is a Japanese import, but it's left hand drive ( I've heard that the japanese like a bit of exclusivity and sometimes get a left hand drive for that! surely not...) BUT! Japan drives on the LEFT!  so I just don't know now...  will have to compare the lights with my NZ new one.

Question:  My 'rado has a slight knock/rattle in the steering column if you go round a bend pretty enthusiastically and hit a few bumps. Sound familiar to anybody? Probably just showing its age...

vonripsnorter

Ahhh Rado, Thats a nice looking car you have there, because of you, my wife wants a Corrado, She saw it at the festival, nice wheels & nice stance, It was getting alot of attention from onlookers.

How about we swap cars & YOU pay us the cash difference ;)

We had the White Golf GTi 16V  :)
I was a little surprised when we got first as I thought your car was the sure fire winner, we also took the best daily driver award for that car on the night as well, so we were happy with that :)

Rado

Quote from: vonripsnorter on April 18, 2007, 06:29:08 PM
Ahhh Rado, Thats a nice looking car you have there, because of you, my wife wants a Corrado, She saw it at the festival, nice wheels & nice stance, It was getting alot of attention from onlookers.

How about we swap cars & YOU pay us the cash difference ;)

We had the White Golf GTi 16V  :)
I was a little surprised when we got first as I thought your car was the sure fire winner, we also took the best daily driver award for that car on the night as well, so we were happy with that :)

He he, yeah my Corrado got 2nd in the watercooled in the end, so that was cool because Tracey and I spent a day grooming it!  Hmm yes if you ever want to part with that GTi get in touch....   I don't think I'll sell the Corrado though  =/

I was soooo impressed by so many of the cars there, I've never toyed with anything aircooled before but now I can't help feeling like doing a Variant or even a Combi ( my girlfriend would faint, 3 vdubs plus 2 other cars here already!)

Mike

cpncrash

True both very very nice cars...... I was at the festival too with the not quite so mint silver Mk2 golf - Does anyone have any pics of the water cooled cars they can post? Me mums Scirroco the red one came third there was a very nice white scirroco there too.....

vonripsnorter

Quote from: captncrash on April 18, 2007, 09:26:08 PM
True both very very nice cars...... I was at the festival too with the not quite so mint silver Mk2 golf - Does anyone have any pics of the water cooled cars they can post? Me mums Scirroco the red one came third there was a very nice white scirroco there too.....

Ahhhhhhh, so you must be Mark (Marc) we had a chat to your mum at the farewell breakfast & told us about all your cars at her house!! :) 

Rado, you mention getting into the Aircooled stuff, thats where its really at  ;) ( I can hear the boo's & hiss already)
Our wee Beetle ( dont know if you saw our white 1300 in the quadrangle) is real nice, we also came first with that (H'mmm sounds like I'm showing off now  :D) Blah, what the heck..........anyway, theres something real nice about having a "REAL" vw ;)

I better go now or I'll be banished from this site  :)

Rado

Yes I've got loads of pics, I'll have to compress them...   The red scirocco yeah I keep my eyes out for those, I had a fantastic 1975 TS 1600 nz new Scirocco. Wow I loved that car...like a go kart and throttle response to die for....  very light car.

kenny8valve

That hoodride 1970 varient is for sale on trade me. :o

typ53

Were those twin tips on a corrado? 
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Rado

Quote from: typ53 on April 19, 2007, 08:30:22 AM
Were those twin tips on a corrado? 
Yeah those are on my corrado, I have to be honest... it's just a tip, the original muffler died last year and I just replaced the muffler and got that end put on it. Actually the black rado has a big bore straight-through exhaust on it, wow that thing sounds soooo nice!

Rado

Quote from: kenny8valve on April 19, 2007, 01:13:36 AM
That hoodride 1970 varient is for sale on trade me. :o
No!  I loved that car! I think it broke down on the way to the show? Could look great in the garden though.......  I might have a look

Rado

couple more pics...

uero-jet

Rado

Any G60 Corrados in the country??

Rado

Quote from: euro-jet on April 19, 2007, 12:59:03 PM
where were all these pics taken?
Around the Arts Centre and art gallery in Christchurch over Easter weekend, the '07 VW Festival.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Rado on April 19, 2007, 01:10:14 PM
Any G60 Corrados in the country??
Yup, at least 1 Jap import, lives here in HB.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Rado

a pic off the net...

Rado

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on April 19, 2007, 01:15:11 PM
Yup, at least 1 Jap import, lives here in HB.

Oh cool, so it came from Japan. It's a shame we can never register a Corrado in nz ex japan anymore...same deal with all but the last of the mk3 Golf VR6s