Corrado Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 16, 2007, 11:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil_Corrado

Means we have a captive market.  >:D Well at least until 2009, 2010 when they become 20 years old.

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on April 19, 2007, 01:15:11 PM
Yup, at least 1 Jap import, lives here in HB.

Its the only one registered according to the LTSA

For those interested there was two 16v's imported, one G60 and two VR6's one of which is a Storm.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Rado on April 19, 2007, 01:22:36 PM
Oh cool, so it came from Japan. It's a shame we can never register a Corrado in nz ex japan anymore...same deal with all but the last of the mk3 Golf VR6s

One of mine and my fathers mates imported the G60, it sat round on his yard for a number of years, 5 at least (him wife driving it from time to time) till Tim (Kooza) purchased it.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Rado

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2007, 01:30:39 PM
Means we have a captive market.  >:D Well at least until 2009, 2010 when they become 20 years old.

Its the only one registered according to the LTSA

For those interested there was two 16v's imported, one G60 and two VR6's one of which is a Storm.
Hmmm....  where is that Storm???  Wonder if it's got the red leather.

Rado

another pic...

Rado

and the black one. (Canterbury colour scheme purely coincidental...)

Is this it's final resting place?   ...sigh....     Could be a fun race car project for Ruapuna......

Neil_Corrado

I see the spare Corrado was registered as a 1996 (even though its a "K" 89 chassis) Volkswagen Corrado Mobile Machine ;D Obviously that makes the impact and LHD reg's irrelevant. Could you have used it as a daily driver or were they specail conditions on the registration?

Pics of my 'Rado are now on page one.

Quote from: Rado on April 21, 2007, 11:59:21 AM
Hmmm....  where is that Storm???  Wonder if it's got the red leather.

Its in Queenstown, I'll post on Monday what the interior colour is.

Simon MkII

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2007, 05:30:31 PM
Pics of my 'Rado are now on page one.

Nice wheels! Now it just needs to be lowered  :P
Mazda Mx5

vonripsnorter

Good looking car Neil & the wheels look great. can you get me a set ;)

, So when are you bringing it down this way?

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: 16vGTI on April 21, 2007, 07:38:14 PM
Nice wheels! Now it just needs to be lowered  :P

Yeah Simon i have been thinking about that more and more, but today while driving.... um.. lets say enthusiastically  ::), the front lip touched the ground in a dip, so Ill leave it alone for the time being.

Quote from: vonripsnorter on April 21, 2007, 08:03:27 PM
Good looking car Neil & the wheels look great. can you get me a set ;)

, So when are you bringing it down this way?

I'm thinking about a driving holiday to the S/island this year, its only a 1.5 - 2 day drive to Dunedin isn't it?  ; :D

Rado

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2007, 09:42:27 PM
Yeah Simon i have been thinking about that more and more, but today while driving.... um.. lets say enthusiastically  ::), the front lip touched the ground in a dip, so Ill leave it alone for the time being.

I'm thinking about a driving holiday to the S/island this year, its only a 1.5 - 2 day drive to Dunedin isn't it?  ; :D
Nice! Your car looks really clean and original. I got my rado with 100,000 kms on the clock and original suspension and I was dissappointed in the handling, I knew Corrados where supposed to be really good. All sorted now, I've never regretted lowering it. Having driven the black rado with other suspension I highly recommend the set up in my red rado, supple yet serious under pressure. Jamex with Koni sports aaaahhh..... I don't think your spoiler would have hit the ground any worse with it all firmed-up but lower.

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: Rado on April 22, 2007, 08:33:09 AM
Nice! Your car looks really clean and original. I got my rado with 100,000 kms on the clock and original suspension and I was dissappointed in the handling, I knew Corrados where supposed to be really good. All sorted now, I've never regretted lowering it. Having driven the black rado with other suspension I highly recommend the set up in my red rado, supple yet serious under pressure. Jamex with Koni sports aaaahhh..... I don't think your spoiler would have hit the ground any worse with it all firmed-up but lower.

Thanks. Mine handles very well, so no stress there, and its nice and stiff with the suspension upgrades I have done, but I think if I lowered my car would be good for looks and not a lot else. No offence intended.
We will have to get as many Corrado's together as possible and drive each others to see.

Both typ53 and i are keen to do a road trip down your guys way.

Rado

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2007, 08:54:34 AM
Thanks. Mine handles very well, so no stress there, and its nice and stiff with the suspension upgrades I have done, but I think if I lowered my car would be good for looks and not a lot else. No offence intended.
We will have to get as many Corrado's together as possible and drive each others to see.

Both typ53 and i are keen to do a road trip down your guys way.
Well that's the thing: If your suspension is all good and does everything you want then you don't need to lower it. I just love the stance. And it would be great to see you guys down here, you can just leave your cars in Christchurch... I'll look after 'em :angel:

Neil_Corrado

Exactly, they have a good stance when lowered, but I'm just going to be the guy that has a Corrado with Golf Country ride height  ;D

Rado

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2007, 09:02:59 AM
Exactly, they have a good stance when lowered, but I'm just going to be the guy that has a Corrado with Golf Country ride height  ;D
Heh heh, now that's a VW I've never seen in the country, I wonder if anyone has ever brought over a Golf Country?

shay

Hey Rado,

Good to see you registered on this forum. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Shame about the crap weather on the Saturday though

typ53

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2007, 09:02:59 AM

Not that annoying guy with airbag suspension? 'jump, jump, jump, jump around!' ;) 
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

vonripsnorter

Lowered cars do tend to have a nice stance to a point.
& as far as them handling better when lower, I disagree to a point as well.

My Golf had been lowered by its previous owner & it was just plane horrible to drive & handled like a woolworths trolley
I actually 'raised' the front end by 10-15mm (still lower that standard 16V) & it is no exaggeration to say that it transformed the car completely for the better.
Now it even looks better (too low to me looks like something is wrong) & the car rides & handles as it should, Just love driving it now!!
Before, I was always dodging even small imperfections in the road as it would crash & bash over every ant & the front spoiler would scrape over our drive.
Not any more ;D

vonripsnorter

Quote from: shay on April 22, 2007, 09:20:45 AM
Hey Rado,

Good to see you registered on this forum.
Rado was proberbly in the same boat as me??

I had never heard of VASK until the festival, & that wasnt because someone mentioned it, I just saw a sticker on the back of  two of the cars & wondered what that was all about!! :)

VeeDub

Here's mine:

1990 NZ New 16v - Helios Blue

I bought it in Feb 2006 and have enjoyed every km since.

VeeDub

More pics