Corrado Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 16, 2007, 11:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil_Corrado

Plate looks awesome. Glad the handbrake works too.

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: typ53 on April 22, 2007, 09:54:46 AM
Not that annoying guy with airbag suspension? 'jump, jump, jump, jump around!' ;) 

I will ignore that Craig. :D

Rado

Quote from: shay on April 22, 2007, 09:20:45 AM
Hey Rado,

Good to see you registered on this forum. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Shame about the crap weather on the Saturday though
Cheers Shay,
Yeah Tony Hutchinson at the Festival mentioned this site, cheers Tony. And that was typical wasn't it...  perfect weather for ages and then steady drizzle on the day all the cars were on show. Oh well, it was awesome anyway I just get the feeling a lot of the public missed out on an amazing show just cos they weren't out there.

shay

He certainly liked your Corrado. He doesn't get excited over anything water cooled very often at all, but yours certainly made an impression on him.

dubsub

I was hoping to catch up with a few of you guys at the festival but I was too busy at my stall.....but I did get to sneek away for a quick look and a couple of pics
My mechanic told me "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder".

dubsub

and a couple more....1 to keep on topic!
My mechanic told me "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder".

rambo_005

You guys should post a thread in the Events section with more photos!

Rado

If you know of or see any good Variants about locally get in touch please.... I'm feeling a project coming on >:D ::) A good mk4 GTi might delay that plan, but only 'cos I can't justify a mk5 just yet >:(

Rado

Quote from: rambo_005 on April 22, 2007, 08:12:35 PM
You guys should post a thread in the Events section with more photos!
I've got a ton of pics,  will do.

rambo_005

Rado

Quote from: VeeDub on April 22, 2007, 03:01:19 PM
Here's mine:

1990 NZ New 16v - Helios Blue

I bought it in Feb 2006 and have enjoyed every km since.
Your Crado looks great :o.  Nice colour too. When I got mine painted it had the metallic black bonnet, rear bumper, panel, and hatch on it and I considered doing it all like that ( throw the doors on, front bar and sunroof,  not much left to paint.) 'cos the red is slightly hairdressery, but stuck with the original. Corrados look quite different in different colours(!). Quite liked the black though.....
Crikey I'll have to post some decent pics... :-[

shay

Quote from: dubsub on April 22, 2007, 08:08:24 PM
I was hoping to catch up with a few of you guys at the festival but I was too busy at my stall.....but I did get to sneek away for a quick look and a couple of pics

Thats my GTI in the pics you posted. I did manage to have a chat to you later in the day at your stall.
I was the tall, dark, and handsome fellow in the crew shirt

rambo_005

Quote from: shay on April 22, 2007, 10:02:57 PM
Thats my GTI in the pics you posted. I did manage to have a chat to you later in the day at your stall.
I was the tall, dark, and handsome fellow in the crew shirt

Do you have any more photos of your car? You should post some in the Mk2 owners thread (thats if you havent already! - I'll check now) :)

NZGTI

some nice cars in her...thought i'd post mine up..
1990 16v,  it's all fairly standard apart from the wheels, and a momo steering wheel.

I've had a few cosmetic challenges with it over the last year, but I've pretty well got those sorted now, and she's running sweet.  did a road trip around the island last week, and she performed very well.

This is a photo from january, we went camping in the Wairarapa, hence the dusty pic.

I'm noticing with envy everyones front lip spoiler...if anyone has a spare one..or know of one available, I'd appreciate it...

2015 Golf 1.4 TSi
2006 Touran 2.0
2006 Golf GTI...gone
2007 Touran 1.4 TSi Stage 1...gone
2003 Passat v5...gone
1999 Golf GTi...gone
1990 Corrado x2...gone
1984 Golf GTi...gone

Neil_Corrado

Ive got my damaged old one, it would be repairable its yours if you want it, just might have to cover shipping down to you depending on the cost.

You need to check if you still have the securing clamp that runs along the bottom of the bumper, it secures it and spoiler to the radiator support at the bottom.

The Storm is Green, but I cant get the chassis number to work, so I cant tell what colour the interior is.

NZGTI

2015 Golf 1.4 TSi
2006 Touran 2.0
2006 Golf GTI...gone
2003 Passat v5...gone
1999 Golf GTi...gone
1990 Corrado x2...gone
1984 Golf GTi...gone

Rado

Quote from: nzgti on April 23, 2007, 08:45:12 AM
some nice cars in her...thought i'd post mine up..
1990 16v,  it's all fairly standard apart from the wheels, and a momo steering wheel.

I've had a few cosmetic challenges with it over the last year, but I've pretty well got those sorted now, and she's running sweet.  did a road trip around the island last week, and she performed very well.

This is a photo from january, we went camping in the Wairarapa, hence the dusty pic.

I'm noticing with envy everyones front lip spoiler...if anyone has a spare one..or know of one available, I'd appreciate it...

Great to see another Corrado!  Looking at the pic it has had the suspension done? It looks like it's sitting on -40mm springs? And were the wheels already on it? Is it NZ new?

Neil_Corrado

Not wanting to answer nzgti's questions but its NZ new, the first owner was typ53's parents. PR*** was the last NZ new car in the country. When I owned it, it had Tri-spoke wheels on it!! I bought it to go racing, but thought better of it, glad I did, it looks very good now.

NZGTI

Thanks for the answer Neil, I am glad you decided not to race it.
I saw 2 Other Corrados here in Wellington the other week,  One is the White one I used to own, and the other I'd never seen before, a purplish, black colour, 16v, I just saw it at a distance, going the otherway.  I'm told thats its an english import.  unsure though, I'll need to keep an eye out again.

an no I've not lowered it.  The guy I bought it off had put some new shocks in it, and replaced the spring with golf springs.  He says for more comfort.  I've still got the original spings in the shed.

The Wheels I bought of another Vask member April last year, complete with Wolfsberg edition centre caps.
2015 Golf 1.4 TSi
2006 Touran 2.0
2006 Golf GTI...gone
2003 Passat v5...gone
1999 Golf GTi...gone
1990 Corrado x2...gone
1984 Golf GTi...gone

Rado

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2007, 09:49:02 PM
Not wanting to answer nzgti's questions but its NZ new, the first owner was typ53's parents. PR*** was the last NZ new car in the country. When I owned it, it had Tri-spoke wheels on it!! I bought it to go racing, but thought better of it, glad I did, it looks very good now.
Aaagh... My rado used to have a slightly missmatched rear bumper colour, I'm thinking it got the number plate damaged in a rear end hit and got issued  new number plates.
Tri-spoke wheels!  :-*Ouch! I bet they didn't stay on it for long :D