Corrado Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, April 16, 2007, 11:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonripsnorter

Tri-spoke wheels.......................................... :P I feel ill juat at the thought of them

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: Rado on April 24, 2007, 11:38:15 AM
Aaagh... My rado used to have a slightly missmatched rear bumper colour, I'm thinking it got the number plate damaged in a rear end hit and got issued  new number plates.
Tri-spoke wheels!  :-*Ouch! I bet they didn't stay on it for long :D

Yours used to be OO8090, but then it had a Personalised Plate on it ( IMACS ), hence the later plate on it.

Quote from: nzgti on April 24, 2007, 11:33:53 AM
Thanks for the answer Neil, I am glad you decided not to race it.
I saw 2 Other Corrados here in Wellington the other week,  One is the White one I used to own, and the other I'd never seen before, a purplish, black colour, 16v, I just saw it at a distance, going the otherway.  I'm told thats its an english import.  unsure though, I'll need to keep an eye out again.

an no I've not lowered it.  The guy I bought it off had put some new shocks in it, and replaced the spring with golf springs.  He says for more comfort.  I've still got the original spings in the shed.

The Wheels I bought of another Vask member April last year, complete with Wolfsberg edition centre caps.

The rego would have been UT****, it a 1994 16v (9A).

typ53

I'm glad that PR is back looking good again - I've always had a soft spot for it, even with those ugly 3-spoke rims! It's the reason I ended up with mine (a dodgy 020 box/diff was the reason for it happening when it did).

Quote from: nzgti on April 24, 2007, 11:33:53 AM
I saw 2 Other Corrados here in Wellington the other week,  One is the White one I used to own, and the other I'd never seen before, a purplish, black colour, 16v, I just saw it at a distance, going the otherway.  I'm told thats its an english import. 

The purplish one has been in or around Welly for a few years.  I test drove it in 2000 or 2001 with a view to replacing the Roughy which was starting to turn slightly orange at that point.  Back then the dealer wanted $17k for it.  I did like the face-lift interior even though it was, I think, beige.

Strangely the other one that I regularly saw in Welly was Neil's car.  It gave me grief the first time I discovered it one day on Oriental Parade when I mis-took it for my car (parked 3 spots further down the road) and spent about 5 minutes trying to get into it, swearing and cursing at my door locks and alarm which had apparently decided to spontaneously reject both my remote and Key. 

It's the price of rarity I guess.  At least the Meter Maid who was close by had the good grace to merely smirk.
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

VeeDub

Does that wellington one have a beige LEATHER interior or cloth???

typ53

You know, I can't remember now.  All that stood out was beige.
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Rado

Quote from: captncrash on April 18, 2007, 09:26:08 PM
True both very very nice cars...... I was at the festival too with the not quite so mint silver Mk2 golf - Does anyone have any pics of the water cooled cars they can post? Me mums Scirroco the red one came third there was a very nice white scirroco there too.....
I think this is the only pic I have of the Sciroccos, lousy phone pic sadly...

David H

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2007, 01:30:39 PM

For those interested there was two 16v's imported, one G60 and two VR6's one of which is a Storm.

... and I think mine's the other imported VR6.  Midnight blue, black leather interior, everything pretty much standard as far as I know, reg UQ***, based in South Auckland.  It's not a Storm although has all the same doodads.  I bought it off Trade Me a couple of years ago and am slowly undoing the "improvements" made by previous owners, namely:
- re-installing the secondary muffler in place of the badly-welded tube, so that I can now hear myself think whilst at motorway speeds ;D
- removing the Rolo roof rack that was bolted straight through the sunroof mechanism ??? ??? >:( >:(  (although quite useful at the mo', it's gotta go eventually)

Took it up to Port Jackson recently and have consequently shaken lots of crap into the temperature sensor O-rings on the thermostat housing, so now it leaks a tad but I should have that sorted this weekend.  One of these days I'll also fix the driver's seat heater and fit some decent speakers.  No other mods planned.

It's done 120000 miles, gets used and abused every day, and I dip into this forum every so often for some inspiration.  Thanks, guys!

RS ZWEI

Quote from: David H on July 03, 2007, 11:39:50 AM
... and I think mine's the other imported VR6.  Midnight blue, black leather interior, everything pretty much standard as far as I know, reg UQ***, based in South Auckland.  It's not a Storm although has all the same doodads.  I bought it off Trade Me a couple of years ago and am slowly undoing the "improvements" made by previous owners, namely:
- re-installing the secondary muffler in place of the badly-welded tube, so that I can now hear myself think whilst at motorway speeds ;D
- removing the Rolo roof rack that was bolted straight through the sunroof mechanism ??? ??? >:( >:(  (although quite useful at the mo', it's gotta go eventually)

Took it up to Port Jackson recently and have consequently shaken lots of crap into the temperature sensor O-rings on the thermostat housing, so now it leaks a tad but I should have that sorted this weekend.  One of these days I'll also fix the driver's seat heater and fit some decent speakers.  No other mods planned.

It's done 120000 miles, gets used and abused every day, and I dip into this forum every so often for some inspiration.  Thanks, guys!

Welcome to the forum David, nice to hear you have one of the VR6s. If I remember correctly the last owner had the engine rebuilt?
Do you have any pics of the car?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rambo_005

Here are some I have from when it was on TradeMe

rambo_005

and the inside...

David H

Yup!  That's mine alright, and looking a lot cleaner than it is at the moment, I can tell you.

Yes, the previous owner had persistent problems with rough idling and oil burning, so eventually put in a new 2.9l block - still the same head gear I think by the sound of the tappets.  Amazingly, his insurance somehow covered the $8500 cost of the whole exercise!  It certainly runs well now, even better when I can find 98 petrol.  I had a VR6 in England (dark metallic green, grey cloth interior) for about 5 years, selling it at 145000m, and the engine was still running a treat so I don't know why the original engine in this car behaved so badly.

Other things I'm looking (listening?) out for are squeals coming from the alternator belt tensioner - I had that go on me (in England) at 125000 and it ruins the belt as well as your whole day, really.  I may just replace this as a preventative measure. 

The other thing I'm grateful for in Auckland is that it never freezes at night, so I've never had to unlock the rear brakes with hot water.  As it is, the LH caliper has a marginally-effective handbrake cam, but I understand that this is a common fault.  I can still pull the brake hard enough to hold it on hills but my wife can't - luckily she's damn good at heel-toe hill-starts.

NZGTI

thought I'd post up a couple of pics from the weekend.  Spent it Boarding on Turoa.  the new 6 seater chair is excellent.  The Corrado was looking good too.
2015 Golf 1.4 TSi
2006 Touran 2.0
2006 Golf GTI...gone
2007 Touran 1.4 TSi Stage 1...gone
2003 Passat v5...gone
1999 Golf GTi...gone
1990 Corrado x2...gone
1984 Golf GTi...gone

HandsomeDan

I like what you've done with it in the second pic.

Very original.

I have to say, I am a big fan of your car...it's super hot looking.
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

slowmo

Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

VW'n

06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)

vardo

hi im in scotland,ukand heres my rado...

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

uero-jet

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on August 11, 2007, 06:07:05 PM
Nice, what are those rims?

they are borbets...i know im probly wrong but i think they are type a

vardo

yes,they are borbet a's,i got them sent over from germany,i love them!they are 17"which im led to believe are qute rare,they badly needed refurbed when i got them.

VeeDub

Nice Rado! How much did you drop it by??
Tristan