Audi RS5 - Latest Renderings

Started by rambo_005, May 16, 2007, 08:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo

Quote from: feelou on December 06, 2007, 11:42:07 PM
Giltrap now taking deposits for RS5s. 4.2 V8 with twin turbos, 450+hp

rad.

you putting your name down feelou?

450+, you'd have have to say the "+" would be a bit more than 450. unless the engine is based on the S4 V8 rather than the RS4's.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

typ53

Doesn't the number on the prototype plate have significance? 

In=Ingolstadt, RS=self explanatory, 599=? It's often a measure of engine output in PS, 599 PS sounds rather a lot, but maybe it's RS5, x99 PS?  499? (490-odd HP)
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Turbo

Quote from: typ53 on December 07, 2007, 02:39:44 PM
Doesn't the number on the prototype plate have significance? 

In=Ingolstadt, RS=self explanatory, 599=? It's often a measure of engine output in PS, 599 PS sounds rather a lot, but maybe it's RS5, x99 PS?  499? (490-odd HP)

i didn't know that. learn something everyday.
990! >:D
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

djrisk

Quote from: Turbo on December 07, 2007, 02:29:36 PM
rad.

you putting your name down feelou?

450+, you'd have have to say the "+" would be a bit more than 450. unless the engine is based on the S4 V8 rather than the RS4's.
probably is based on the S4 V8, since the tuning on the RS4 V8 is so high, putting turbos on it would have to decrese the reliability somewhat...
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

Turbo

true. but there's not a huge difference in compression ratios (11:1 vs 12:1 ish)
the mtm supercharger for the RS4 doesn't require the compression to be lowered and they usually wouldn't make something unreliable.

they could also create an entirely new engine like they will for the new V10. but $$$
i guess we'll find out soon.

djrisk

i cant imagine the MTM supercharger runs as much boost as a bi-turbo setup. Plus theres other things like cam profiles, and intake and injection systems to think about. Still, will be mean whatever they decide to do im sure
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

feelou

I'm having second thoughts.

This one is for sale at Giltraps. 2004 with 35k on the clock, for $164k. That's less money than an RS5, probably as quick, a real coupe, all-wheel drive, and will not depreciate as much as an RS5.

Any thoughts?

Turbo

hell yeah. then you can always trade it in come RS5 time if you get bored with it. (unlikely)

you'd probably get a decent price for your RS4 if sold privately....

R32 Simon

That Porky will be my next car, my friend has just bought a 2006 Carrera S and it?s beautiful, it?s so well balanced, that twin turbo is so quick!

Hoff

These cars are awesome i was in one last week what a awesome sound they make 8)
1985 Mk2 Golf GTI
1900 High comp race engine, Advanti magswrapped in F1's,Nardi wheel,Samco Coolant Hoses,KW Varient 2 Coilovers,OMP front strut brace,256mm brake upgrade
Mk1 Golf Project
MK2 Project

1.8t

Get a GT3 :p although the 996 version seems hard to come by! But the turbo is a good compromise between power and comfort.

Or a 996 GT2 if you are feeling brave!
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

rambo_005

Quote from: 1.8t on December 10, 2007, 06:41:59 PM
Get a GT3 :p although the 996 version seems hard to come by! But the turbo is a good compromise between power and comfort.

The Turbo has comfort, and more power than the GT3 - no compromise necessary :P

feelou

Yup. I'm not good enough a driver to go GT3, let alone GT2.

I'll try to have a go in it tomorrow morning. I admit I've never driven one.

Last issue is of course image. Isn't it a bit offending to drive around one of those?

5-pot

Quote from: feelou on December 12, 2007, 05:54:51 PM

Last issue is of course image. Isn't it a bit offending to drive around one of those?

Sure.  But if you're faster than practically anything else on the road, who care?  >:D
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

rambo_005

Quote from: feelou on December 12, 2007, 05:54:51 PM

IMO Porsche has the least offensive image amongst the sports car brands. Most practical and arguably the best ;)

Turbo

still wouldn't leave it parked on a dark street.

feelou

Late update. Came back from Christmas in Europe and the Porker was gone. I think someone on this site bought it. Bummer
Anyway, I have money down on an RS5 and will keep looking for a 911 Turbo in the meantime

Turbo

Quote from: feelou on April 03, 2008, 02:09:33 PM
Late update. Came back from Christmas in Europe and the Porker was gone. I think someone on this site bought it. Bummer
Anyway, I have money down on an RS5 and will keep looking for a 911 Turbo in the meantime

you are my hero.

no, seriously.

did they give you any more details on the RS5?

(i'm sure simon would be nice enough to give you a blat in the porsche......;)  )

feelou

Quotedid they give you any more details on the RS5?

4.2 biturbo. Sounds pretty close to the old RS6's engine. Probably a bit more output, around 480. European press talks about second half of June.

Folks at Audi must be stratching their heads after the Nissan. I dream that they'd take the GT-R as a benchmark for performance. Time will tell