Ross Tech VAGCOM Fault Codes

Started by RoscoNZ, May 18, 2007, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoscoNZ

Calling all techies ...

I have a '95 A8 4.2Q and have sucessfully downloaded the freeware version of Rosstech VAGCOM .. seems to work a treat with a USB => ODBII cable I bought off ebay.

I haven't found many fault codes but those it has thrown up have been useful .. but I'm struggling to diagnose 2x codes which always seem to return after a short time ...

01088 - Mixture Control Adaption  ???
00561 - Mixture Adaption.  ???

The car does not seem to use any more gas than my wallet has gotten accustomed to shelling out .. but it does occasionally start but only just idle and act very sluggishly to throttle input .. even killing the engine ... no backfiring .. just absolutely no response .. and then suddenly it comes right within 5-10 seconds from starting and were off ... perhaps fuel pressure has dropped away and takes a while to build up.. ?? Certainly seems worse, the longer the car car has been sitting ... like when I ride the CBR for a while instead ..  Not sure at all oif this is causing the fault codes above .. but I don't have a better theory yet ..

I have been told the codes could be to do with air leaks on the inlet side (I assume after the AFM .. ) but then it wouldn't suddenly come right would it ?

Ideas or suggestions lads ??

nzfamily

Hi, not completely familiar with that engine but the symptoms could be due to a dirty throttle plate. If there is a build up of carbon inside the throttle housing the throttle position sensor (TPS) shows the plate is slightly open because it is sitting on all the carbon so the computer gives more fuel based upon the TPS reading. The airflow meter will be reading a low flow due to the gap around the throttle plate being filled with carbon. Dont overlook your airflow meter either, the rough starting then smoothing out could be due to your computer adapting to the problem. Could be many things but hope this helps a little.

Good luck.

qta4

its well worth investing in the full version.

http://www.auteltech.com/images/GS200.pdf

Just google the codes.

AFAIK the A8 uses the earlier version of motronic to the A4

Does your throttle body have an electronic idle control?

If so you may need to do throttle body adaption.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.