Help!!! Coolant leak inside car.

Started by wipa55, May 27, 2007, 05:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveC

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on June 07, 2007, 01:10:42 PM
Summer time Steve? But you need the heater for winter! ;)

yeah summer time,  I'm too busy trying to keep the business afloat and have no money to pay anyone to do it, plus I'd have to drive the car up onto the lawn as the driveway is too narrow to have both doors open, which I'm sure you'd need to do   ???

BB

i did the whole job in a mk2 in about 4 1/2 hours, was easy really and not to much time upside down ;)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

HandsomeDan

Quote from: dubbed on June 07, 2007, 12:58:16 PM
all good and well getting professionals to do this job,

but do expect around 8 - 12 hours labour to do this,

so labour could easily be up to $700 or even more then youy still have to have the parts on top of that, then regassing AC and if you have installed your own stereo.

Have to worry if it has been connected up correctly again.
I didn't realise it'd be such a laborious job, to be honest.
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

Filx

Seats are pretty easy to take out of a Mk3 and that would be the first step IMO. There's not a lot of lying upside down as well if I remember correctly and the job is more laborious than difficult (though it helped that when I was involved with taking the dash out of the wagon it was with John and he knows Mk3s inside out  ;) )

I have to agree with Dubbed also - it is one of those jobs you almost want to complete yourself just to ensure it is all put back together properly so you get no squeaks and rattles. You'll almost certainly put more love into it than someone just getting paid to do the job.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Filx on June 07, 2007, 05:10:19 PM

I have to agree with Dubbed also - it is one of those jobs you almost want to complete yourself just to ensure it is all put back together properly so you get no squeaks and rattles. You'll almost certainly put more love into it than someone just getting paid to do the job.

And the money you save can go into bigger and better things ;)
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

HandsomeDan

1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

SteveC

Quote from: Filx on June 07, 2007, 05:10:19 PM
it is one of those jobs you almost want to complete yourself just to ensure it is all put back together properly so you get no squeaks and rattles. You'll almost certainly put more love into it than someone just getting paid to do the job.

good point and that was an issue I was wondering about as she is getting a few sound effects, particularly on coarse chip surfaces, but they mostly seem to be in the doors and the C pillars

I drove a 200k Mk3 early one before I got the VR6 and that was as tight as a drum, I wonder if the harder suspension (plus a few dirt roads up north) causes rattles to emerge

I see that Jason's up to 5!