RS2 Tuning help

Started by R32 Simon, June 28, 2007, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R32 Simon

Thanks again i will try them out  ;)

Are you local to Aucks?

hemihead

yep, new windsor (behind mt alert) where are you?

R32 Simon

Ponsonby Rd, i will be in the cafe all weekend pop in for a coffee, Cafe Bliss 286, cheers

R32 Simon

I e-mailed 034 about my concerns, here is the reply  ::)

Hello Simon, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, turbo surge can definitely be a problem on these motors as they have small displacement and we ask large power from them.

In my experience, any turbo making 600HP will surge on an I5, especially in higher gears like 5th and 6th, but, we?ve found the Garrett GT turbos to be the best out of all the turbos we?ve tested.  I can assure you a K27 turbo will surge and be very laggy, its an archaic turbo originally designed to be run on delivery trucks, the technology is 30 years old or more used on these turbos, and we would not recommend any customer run one over a much more advanced Garrett GT turbo which exhibit significant improvements for efficiency, turbo response and transient times, as well as reliability.

With the .82AR housing you?ll find surge will be minimal with great response time for a 600HP turbo.

Thanks!

--
Javad Shadzi
034Motorsport
www.034motorsport.com
(510) 657-6707 - Shop

R32 Simon

Just a small update on the RS2 project:

Powerflex bushes have arrived, H&R coilovers are very close, fitted a panel K&N air filter, rear ARB from white line should be here next week along with the full Miltek  ;D

I am still undecided about what turbo to put on the car  ??? but one thing is for definite, rods & bolts are a must so I am ordering them next week.

Cheers