IMSA GTO 90TQ anyone?

Started by 5-pot, August 01, 2007, 07:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5-pot

Oh my God this is what I've been dreaming of doing since I was a piston headed teenager in high school. 

http://www.audimotorsport.se/imsabygget.html

In swedish but it doesn't matter.  Check out the galleries!  Wonder how much the whole kit would cost including the steel fabrication for the braces  ;D
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

hemihead

that is soooooooooooo horny! i think you might be looking at a mortgage to buy a kit like that!

5-pot

God, yes considering the whole thing is sheet steel!  I can't imagine how long that would have taken.  Wonder why they didn't make moulds of the panels they fabricated and made fibreglass copies? 
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

hemihead

slayer00

Wonder if they have the 720hp engine to go with it. >:D

5-pot

Boy that would complete the package aye!  But no, they put a 4.2 v8 in it.  Can't really complain i suppose but it would be nicer to have the noise of the 5 cylinder turbo to go with it!

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI