Author Topic: PROJECT CAR: Kiwihigh's Mk2  (Read 64221 times)

Offline kiwihigh

• Thats Sir to you
  • ##
Re: PROJECT CAR: Kiwihigh's Mk2
« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2018, 09:31:39 pm »
Keeping the ball rolling the seat brackets i purchased way back when, needed some serious attention.

FYI don't but these pieces of sh*t!
The front was bent like a banana, granted im 100kgs but come on a seat mount shouldn't bend in my opinion and I really wouldn't trust them as they were.

So i decided to beef them up a little with some old flat stock and EA that I had lying round..
Don't look too close at the welding its been a couple of years and im out of practice

Still have a couple of bits to attach to the back side, but already they are far stronger than before...
BUILT not bought

Offline kiwihigh

• Thats Sir to you
  • ##
Re: PROJECT CAR: Kiwihigh's Mk2
« Reply #541 on: December 19, 2018, 08:42:26 am »
Went out for a quick test drive last night... didn't break down... but also had some issues.

HOLY SH!T butt dyno says it feels way faster that the ITB setup..

I am just running spring pressure on the wastegate, thinking that should be somewhere round 7psi, got home checked the logs and its running 18 spiking to 20Psi, I think I installed the wrong spring  ;D
I had only allowed to 12psi (based on my planned 7psi) in the fuel map, so have had to remake the VE table to go up to 22.8psi which is as high as the software/built in MAP sensor will allow with the current ECU.

Engine temps are now going to be an issue, granted I was somewhat driving it hard but the coolant is hitting 104deg, holding there but I would like it a bit lower. Also blew a pin hole in the heater hose once the engine was shut off, no biggie..

Wee helper checking dad's work.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:45:21 am by kiwihigh »
BUILT not bought