PROJECT CAR: Kiwihigh's Mk2

Started by kiwihigh, August 20, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwihigh

Went out for a quick test drive last night... didn't break down... but also had some issues.

HOLY SH!T butt dyno says it feels way faster that the ITB setup..

I am just running spring pressure on the wastegate, thinking that should be somewhere round 7psi, got home checked the logs and its running 18 spiking to 20Psi, I think I installed the wrong spring  ;D
I had only allowed to 12psi (based on my planned 7psi) in the fuel map, so have had to remake the VE table to go up to 22.8psi which is as high as the software/built in MAP sensor will allow with the current ECU.

Engine temps are now going to be an issue, granted I was somewhat driving it hard but the coolant is hitting 104deg, holding there but I would like it a bit lower. Also blew a pin hole in the heater hose once the engine was shut off, no biggie..

Wee helper checking dad's work.
BUILT not bought

kiwihigh

well haven't updated this for a long time...

Purchased a FD RX7 so spent a bit of time getting that cleaned up... and that gave me the motivation to clean up the mess i made on this...
Also picked up a 2 door dereg'd barn find that i stripped for lots of parts.

Did a little work on the engine bay, got myself a TIG welder so made up some inter-cooler piping.

Then started on the body work to get rid of the rattle can Matte black.
Had never painted a car so was all a bit of a learning experience!
Also had a hard time deciding on what colour to go with but finally decided on Imola Yellow as hadn't seen many MK2 in that colour.
Took the opportunity to re seal all the of guards and clean up everything to help it last a few more years.

Next step is to save up for a Haltech and then get it certified so i can finally legally drive it on the road..

BUILT not bought

brian

Looks great in that colour, really suits it.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue