PROJECT CAR: Kiwihigh's Mk2

Started by kiwihigh, August 20, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwihigh

Started stripping off the plastic bits off the doors and pretty stoaked with the difference.

Now just to fill the holes and think bout what colour to paint it...
BUILT not bought

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

rambo_005

How long till it is up and running?

kiwihigh

Quote from: rambo_005 on September 23, 2007, 10:35:32 PM
How long till it is up and running?

Not to sure yet still need alternator and full exhaust and to find a cheap Laptop for tuning...

Would like to see it going in a month.. *crosses fingers*
BUILT not bought

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

kiwihigh

Well a few more bits in...

Got the fuel rail in with the new reg.

Now i cant get the alternater to line up so will have to look at that this even between playing HALO3  ;D
BUILT not bought

robh

I could be wrong, but the return line from your fuel rail looks like it is going into the wrong port on your fuel pressure regulator.

On most regulators that I have seen the return line from the fuel rail goes into the side of the pressure regulator and then the bottom port of the regulator connects to the return line that goes back to the tank.

Another thought I have looking at the pictures is the feed line coming around the back of the engine.  You may be better getting a fitting that comes back on itself and run the feed line over the top or underneath the inlet manifold, may look nicer and be easier to clip to something solid.

Looking good, keep up the progress :)
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

kiwihigh

Quote from: robh on September 27, 2007, 10:17:11 AM
I could be wrong, but the return line from your fuel rail looks like it is going into the wrong port on your fuel pressure regulator.

On most regulators that I have seen the return line from the fuel rail goes into the side of the pressure regulator and then the bottom port of the regulator connects to the return line that goes back to the tank.

Another thought I have looking at the pictures is the feed line coming around the back of the engine.  You may be better getting a fitting that comes back on itself and run the feed line over the top or underneath the inlet manifold, may look nicer and be easier to clip to something solid.

Looking good, keep up the progress :)

Cheers yea im not sure about the reg the instructions were useless on it so its a bit of trial and error and a fitting exercise
I am thinking of different ways to make the fuel line fit and be a bit tidier just wanted to make sure it all fitted together.
Might run the fuel line under the manni that would look tidier i'll have a play tonight after work see what other options i have with it. ..
BUILT not bought

robh

You can get a fitting for those lines that does a full 180 bend back on itself then you'd be able to go over the top of the manifold if you wanted.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

kiwihigh

yea been looking at the fittings they re bloody expensive for what they are so working with what i got to get it up and running might upgrade and tidy things up latter on.

BUILT not bought

kiwihigh

Been doing the panel this weekend so filling the holes from the plastic trim and trying to  make the shape of the guard on the back match in also took the chance to fill in all the scratches at the same time....

And the slow process of building up the rear guard...

BUILT not bought

GTI's

Looking good!
Maybe a solid front mount will help with the extra power?
Are you painting the whole thing Black?

kiwihigh

Quote from: GTI's on September 30, 2007, 03:24:07 PM
Looking good!
Maybe a solid front mount will help with the extra power?
Are you painting the whole thing Black?

Was going to but might do a dark red candy.. one of my mates is a painter and will do it as a cashie.

BUILT not bought

Period_Correct_

my fittings were less than $10 dollars each. Waitemata hydraulic supplies. however mine are plain brass fittings, not the anodized blue/red 1s.

kiwihigh

Quote from: NasTnaS on September 30, 2007, 06:43:41 PM
my fittings were less than $10 dollars each. Waitemata hydraulic supplies. however mine are plain brass fittings, not the anodized blue/red 1s.

dam thats a good price there arent many places in chch that stock them and the 180 deg ones are $30+ which if aren't necessary are just gonna have to wait along with the nice braided lines that will go in at a latter date.

And by the way that panel is far from finished just showing off my lovely guard shape..  :laugh:

BUILT not bought

RS ZWEI

Quote from: kiwihigh on October 01, 2007, 08:57:54 AM
dam thats a good price there arent many places in chch that stock them and the 180 deg ones are $30+ which if aren't necessary are just gonna have to wait along with the nice braided lines that will go in at a latter date.

And by the way that panel is far from finished just showing off my lovely guard shape..  :laugh:

Who are you using in Chch?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

kiwihigh

I got the anodised ones for cylinder head specalists along with the blue fuel hose that looks more like the garden variety rather than a fuel line but it is rated to 300psi...
BUILT not bought

RS ZWEI

Quote from: kiwihigh on October 01, 2007, 09:10:26 AM
I got the anodised ones for cylinder head specalists along with the blue fuel hose that looks more like the garden variety rather than a fuel line but it is rated to 300psi...

Silvesters in Chch sell them at a good price.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Period_Correct_

Quote from: kiwihigh on October 01, 2007, 09:10:26 AM

are they chemical rated as well. some lines wont support additives like toluene[spelling] and the likes. im sure you've got the right stuff tho.

kiwihigh

Cheers i'll have to pop in and see them when it comes time to pick up the new bits..

Yea the fuel line is chemicaly rated... Ive had cheap fuel hoses explode on the Evo so DONT BUY YOUR FUEL HOSE FROM PARA RUBBER....  :laugh: i should have known better...
BUILT not bought