Wanted to Buy - B5 S4 Avant

Started by vaudiw, March 29, 2007, 04:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaudiw

I've located a car thats in v good cond with low k's  (60k), but its not an Avant and its '99.

Because it is in good cond and I haven't seen any other cars for sale with ks this low I am seriously condsidering it.

To help me make up my mind your opinions please...

How important is having ESP and Recaros, 4 airbags vs ?? in an 01? Is it worth compromising these in order to secure this vehicle? Also its Imola Yellow.

If I bide my time whats the chance of 01 Avant in excellent cond coming up?

Thanks for your thoughts..

Turbo

yellow is a hard colour for resale, but if you like the look of it then go for it.

esp etc are all "nice to have"s it really all depends on if you can wait for what you want, because you'll kick yourself if an 01 avant comes up in a month's time.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

djrisk

Quote from: vaudiw on April 18, 2007, 06:11:55 PM
I've located a car thats in v good cond with low k's  (60k), but its not an Avant and its '99.

Because it is in good cond and I haven't seen any other cars for sale with ks this low I am seriously condsidering it.

To help me make up my mind your opinions please...

How important is having ESP and Recaros, 4 airbags vs ?? in an 01? Is it worth compromising these in order to secure this vehicle? Also its Imola Yellow.

If I bide my time whats the chance of 01 Avant in excellent cond coming up?

Thanks for your thoughts..
If you have ESP im sure you will drive most of the time with it off anyway! ;D
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

mtk

Hi from Chch
There's a 1999 S4 Avant for sale at Archibald Barr www.archibaldbarr.co.nz

Does this fit the budget at $29,999?
NZ new, Graphite metallic with bone white leather, 133k, 6spd man
High'ish km's may work against you but I'd say they would be good k's going back and forth to ski fields. I've actually seen it at Mt Hutt a couple of times
A4's are really popular down here so you need to be quick. Even at these k's I don't think it will last long.

GlenT

The S4 Avant mentioned earlier from Southern Euro here in Dunedin is now only $27,000!
Bargain.

Turbo

Quote from: GlenT on April 22, 2007, 11:18:31 AM
The S4 Avant mentioned earlier from Southern Euro here in Dunedin is now only $27,000!
Bargain.

was that a black avant? i saw that when i was down there the other last week. looks tidy.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

vaudiw

Thanks for all the feedback.

I bought a car on Fri -99 Imola Yellow Sedan. Didn't fit my description of my ideal S4 at all, except is NZ new, 2 owners, full history and only 63ks. I hummed and ahh'd but couldn't resist.

The high K's of the 2 avants in the Sth Isl put me off. I think the resale when I'm done with them would be too difficult, also getting a mechanical warranty could be a problem.

I looked at the Silver 01. Its got the new S4 logo on the speedo but the old style badges on the back and grill??. It didn't have Recaro's but had the B pillar airbags (as well as the seat airbags) and had ESP. So I think it maybe a facelift model. However it was abit rough and had been resprayed down the left side.

The car I have is pristine. I collect it tomorrow so at the moment I'm like a kid on Xmas eve. ;D

Turbo

awesome dude, welcome to S-club 4.  ;)

RS ZWEI

Quote from: vaudiw on April 22, 2007, 04:53:42 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.

I bought a car on Fri -99 Imola Yellow Sedan. Didn't fit my description of my ideal S4 at all, except is NZ new, 2 owners, full history and only 63ks. I hummed and ahh'd but couldn't resist.

The high K's of the 2 avants in the Sth Isl put me off. I think the resale when I'm done with them would be too difficult, also getting a mechanical warranty could be a problem.

I looked at the Silver 01. Its got the new S4 logo on the speedo but the old style badges on the back and grill??. It didn't have Recaro's but had the B pillar airbags (as well as the seat airbags) and had ESP. So I think it maybe a facelift model. However it was abit rough and had been resprayed down the left side.

The car I have is pristine. I collect it tomorrow so at the moment I'm like a kid on Xmas eve. ;D

Great news :)

Post us up some pics if you get the chance.

Are you going to leave the S4 standard?

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

vaudiw

I'm not planning to modify anything straight away. Possibly a chip later on..

Turbo

Quote from: vaudiw on April 23, 2007, 09:25:28 AM
I'm not planning to modify anything straight away. Possibly a chip later on..

did you ever get around to sorting out the chip?

vaudiw

No the car's stillstd, although it is still on my mind.

It would also be good to sort out the suspension abit, maybe a rear sway bar to reduce the understeer.

Just got to find a spare wad of cash lying around...

Turbo

if you get a swaybar, i'd be interested to find out what your comments are.
it's also on my wish list.