Too bloody slow in the fast lane!

Started by likegolf88, December 20, 2004, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

likegolf88

Man, i'm just so $#%@ing sick of it. A sign like Merge like a zip, sure, nice, how about Stay left unless passing, 120 kph+ lane (yea right) maybe @#$@#ING LOOK IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR .... please.

Since i bought my MK2 I dream of Autobahns......
Hospitals and Schools need more funding of course, but if the government could just "find"? money for an Autobahn going all the way from north to south with like 5 lanes or some crap, wouldn't that be heaps of fun?
road rage? never!? just a heavy right foot.

Period_Correct_

that would be fantastic... but with this government, it makes you wonder..... ;)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

orggti

Got nothing to do wit the government how bout how many people there is in NZ too pay for it, were lucky to have what we got. Look at alot of countrys, 60 million people and still got nothing like what we got. Were so rich all we do is bitch about not being able to go 10kms faster than we want to.
But yea id love to be able to roar down an auto ban too ;D

likegolf88

We are damn lucky to live in NZ, i was just sayin' that autobahns must be cool. Places in South Africa have them too dont they?

orggti

Quote from: likegolf88 on December 21, 2004, 11:11:18 PM
We are damn lucky to live in NZ, i was just sayin' that autobahns must be cool. Places in South Africa have them too dont they?
Was just rarking you. Yes there are auto bahns in SA. But the roads in the south island are probibly more fun than any roads anywhere and your pretty unlucky to get a ticket  but considering how fast you CAN drive on them very unlucky or even licence and car less if you do. I miss living in the south island sometimes, Auckland is such a dog to drive around in.

Period_Correct_

Quote from: orggti on December 22, 2004, 07:36:44 AM
Quote from: likegolf88 on December 21, 2004, 11:11:18 PM
Was just rarking you. Yes there are auto bahns in SA. But the roads in the south island are probibly more fun than any roads anywhere and your pretty unlucky to get a ticket? but considering how fast you CAN drive on them very unlucky or even licence and car less if you do. I miss living in the south island sometimes, Auckland is such a dog to drive around in.

LOL, south africa doesn't have an AUTOBAHN.... hell they don't need 1 cos theres NO SPEED LIMIT, NO LAW, NO POLICE.... hahaha... ain't that the life..... average speed on the freeway is bout 150km/h.... and the speed limit is 120km/h....however south african FREEWAYS have like 3-6 lanes depending on the LOCATION.....not just 1 lane going 4rm AUCKLAND to the NEXT CITY....  thats why you can reallly THRASH your car on long distances...... 8)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

orggti

oh sorry i thort they did. But there you go I knew nasty had said sumthing about being able to go fast.

likegolf88

haha!, is it true about J' burg and the carjackin' then? I think if i moved there i'd buy a  3dr 16 valver and a shot gun! ;D

likegolf88

here: http://www.r32-files.de/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=13&page=1
its from a cool post by r32 simon, and a good movie is 11.614kb one in the bottom row, worth the wait,  ;D

SamEEE

Hey Guys- I totally agree about that the overtaking speed should be leniant- Here are some of my thoughts.......

I worked it out one time that if a car was traveling at 80kmph and a car overtakes it traveling 100kmph it would take like 30-40 seconds to pass. Ill have to sit down one day and apply some stuff I learnt in maths and physics and prove it- but until that day ill just say that overtaking at 100kmph is simply put dangerous.

If the rules were changed everyone would speed in the passing lanes? :( so im really not sure what to think.... Maybe the LTSA needs to have a chat to the police and prehaps increase the leaniency in the passing situation.

Then would come the problem of consistancy of the law - which is the problem at the moment- you see that different people have different interpretations of what is and isnt safe. For example one police officer may see a car overtaking on a short passing lane exceeding speeds of 150kmph, the officer thinks understands it to be safe and lets the guy off with a warning.

Then you will get another cop that will have a totally different view on the situation and therefore you will lose consistancy of the law.

Therefore guys- Even if I sat down for a decent amount of time and did a few formulae and wrote a big letter to the LTSA nothing would change because logistically to change and enforce these rules would be a nightmare for the police. Its something that you could fight however I dont think it is worth the time and money that you will spend trying to get the LTSA to see your point of view.
? ? ? ? ? ?I can only hope that the police will use their judgement to see what is and isn't safe because there wouldn't be a point of having police we might as well have a computer that has millions of speed cameras all over the country so that whenever someone breaks the speed limit they automatically get a ticket not adding any factors like weather- trafic density and all the stuff that makes up the safeness of the road.

What does everyone else think?

orggti

if your prepared to speed, your prepared to kill
If your prepared to drive at all your prepared to kill
its all just a load of cobblers really as people who want to drive safely do and people who dont or dont even know how to, dont....................with a few laws and fines chucked in there so we can have details to argue about and so that the car companies, insurance companies and govtments can deny any responsibiliy for allowing cars to be made so dangerously.   

1.8t

I just put the windows down when I drive now. It makes me feel like im going 70 when im only going 40!

Then i notice the "drag train" that has grown behind me!

Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

likegolf88

At the moment it's like Theres no one in Auckland, no cops, less people, nothing, I'ts great to drive 59 kph if the conditions etc allow it, and theres no padestrians about. Maybe even a little more if your in an uninhabitated, secluded, suburb somewhere ;) ;) ;)

dubstar

Don't speed in residential areas, you look like a twat.  If you fell the urge to speed, take it to the motorways or out of town.  There's less kids to hit out there.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

OOOO

Quote from: dubstar on December 30, 2004, 10:00:08 AM
Don't speed in residential areas, you look like a twat.  If you fell the urge to speed, take it to the motorways or out of town.  There's less kids to hit out there.

Couldn't agree more Bryce.  There is no excuse for it in built up areas...esp in Auckland...cos with traffic, lights etc there is nothing to be gained.  It is being lazy.  I do agree with it being good to drive around town at the moment.
2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

orggti

In the end if you think your being safe doing 59 in a 50 and your not a complete twat driving like a twat then your probly not being a twat really.
What i hate is,  on all the main rds theres either police or cameras or just to much traffic to go above 50-9? kph. But then as soon as you(they!)  get onto there home st like my st in pt chev they (this total idiot Sam and a few other TWATS) roar down it reaching maximum revs in 3rd gear in there turbo cars id say 140 to 160 kms sometimes!!! Ive screamed at them and told them not to do it and even helped and given advise to hem trying to get on there good side but they just scream up in 2nd gear then see me and go "duh" and stop flooring it. Its a pretty bad situation and i dont know what to do about it? I know that some neighbours must have called the police but it seems they cant do much either. Some people are just so rough and dangerous. scary.

likegolf88

I should have been more specific..... i was refering to a suburb in Hamilton where there's no houses or peds at all, just nice new roads. Those ad campaigns about speeding in the suburbs got me a long time ago, you know the one with the silver celica and the babe in the front seat.....

likegolf88

140 160 kphs is just insane. If you've got a death wish and you wanna drive at those speeds not on a race track, go and do it on the desert road or somewhere theres no one else on the roads, or pavement. There are always kids playing around somewhere in most suburbs, the consequences would be incomphendable.....