Lupo's new shoes! (updated)

Started by Filx, September 07, 2007, 06:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filx

Here's a sneak peak at what just came back freshly refurbished by Lance and the great team at Arrow.  ;D

FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

kiwihigh

BUILT not bought

old4130

2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

Turbo

Quote from: X 130R on September 07, 2007, 11:56:19 PM
Wow !  :o 8)

What are they Phil ?

i've already done the "wheel" joke, so count yourself lucky. ;D
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Filx

The wheels are some weird Japanese brand "NKB Power" (at least that's what is says on the centre caps but who knows if they are the original ones?). Fronts are 15x7 ET+35 and rears are 15x8 ET+35 - those are the rears in the pics. They were originally polished with red inserts in the little holes. Had them powder coated black, lips machined and then powdercoated clear over the top by Arrow.

Tyres are 195/50/15s. Would have preferred 45s but they're hard to get and the extra sidewall is quite handy as it rides pretty hard as it is. It fills the arches a bit better while at the same time giving a few extra mm ground clearance.

We got them on the car today. Rears run with a 8mm spacer to clear the caliper and interestingly enough it's the fronts that rub (just slightly if you go over a bump with some lock on)

Options are:
- Get to a narrower tyre like a 185
- Try and find some 195/45s
- Raise the front slightly.

Even though raising suspension goes fundamentally against the grain I'll start with this option as it's the easiest.

It's amazing how small the wheels look on the car once they're on - I'll take some decent pics tomorrow but it really looks much better in the flesh.

Filx

Apologies - not the most decent pics in the end but here's a couple with wheels on the car  :) Need a decent snapper like phil to take some proper shots as I've got no skills behind the camera.  :D

old4130

2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

dubstar

What's happening with the old Schmidt wheels?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Filx

Tentatively spoken for I'm afraid as are the tyres (195/40/16 Pirelli's). If anything changes I'll let you know.

Specs on the Schmidts are 16x7.5 +35.

SteveC

nice, but I think I like the wheels in your original post better

all up a tidy little car, will be interesting to see the unseemly inter-VASK scrambling when your girlfriend gets tired of it and decides to sell   :laugh:

HandsomeDan

Looks great in the flesh - saw it on the Northern Motorway the other night...

Fantastic.
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

Filx

Thanks guys - looking forward getting it out and about on a few VASK events.  :)

Natesgti

yeah saw you the other day too :-) lookin mint!

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

slayer00

Saw a mx5 the other day with the same wheels

Filx

Were they fully polished?

There's a few sets around - I spotted a yellow new Beetle in Rotorua just this Monday morning with 17" versions.

slayer00

The lip was and the inside painted red. looked quite smart on the mx5, they were 15"

uero-jet

Quote from: Filx on September 18, 2007, 01:09:47 PM
Were they fully polished?

There's a few sets around - I spotted a yellow new Beetle in Rotorua just this Monday morning with 17" versions.
;D  ;D  ;D
and with a massive whaletail.
p/plate anipod

Filx

Didn't see the plate but did have a whale tail. You obviously know the car mate?  :)

uero-jet