More details on new RS6

Started by mixja, September 07, 2007, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5-pot

"with a vehicle weight of 2,025 kilograms"

Far out.  No wonder it needs 580 ponies.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

GlenT

I really wanted one yesterday when I saw the first pictures, now I just want it even more.
A weapon of mass destruction. >:D

sisu

Tiff Needell reviews the RS6 V10. The RS6 launch was at the Paul Ricard race course in France, you will see a these cars in the clip in alot of the pictures in the magazines. I have heard that TopGear has the Stig, Mrs Stig, Stig kids and a Stig dog all in white Nomex and Helmets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZC_UOOsko

sisu

Creamic brakes are in short supply and will delay your delivery.
The Plus option derestricts it from 155mph to 175 mph and an engine bay tart up.
Also you can get the sports exhaust which is worthwhile as a little muffled with the turbos..mmmm

sisu

Also it doesn't look that muscular as the B7 RS4 or old RS6. Alot of people have commented that it looks like an Allroad from the back though. The nice feature is it goes quicker than I was expecting. Quite though.
I got taken in a Gallardo Spyder on Thursday down to Brands Hatch. When we past a bunch of cars on the open road at 170mph I wondered what the people must have thought. We were already gone by the time the looked up. Yes it was stupid and dangerous. Yes it was naughty.
In its defence it did sound beautiful.
I wasn't feeling the same tingle in the RS6 at 140mph. But then again its supposed to do that. It just gets you there.