cheap chinese front rotors

Started by orggti, April 16, 2005, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orggti

Welll today i put on two new front rotors that i got for $110(for both) from part master. I had been having terrible problems with shuddering on light braking it didnt get reallly bad the harder you braked but it was unsettling. Anyway i had fitted G60 twin pot calipers i got from pickapart and had also got good rotors with them (so i thought) and it got a bit better, then i got the wheels aligned again and it got a bit better. But now ive put these new rotors on there totally awsome just brakes so good. I also fitted a 2nd hand brake bomb i got from PP as well but of course it didint work, so i take the beeper wires off. however i did get to fix a power steering oil leak by doing this and that steering fluid is hellishly sticky muck and is murder on the audi suspension bushes. I also pulled out my dash and wiggled my wires like the fonz and got my tacho going perfect (so far). Topped up the oil and put in a litre of anti freeze concentrate. Oh yea i did the fuel filter (use a proper painters mask for this job and gloves) and when i emptyed it backwards heaps of filth came out !!!! glad i did that. Also tightned all my inlet hoses and bits and peices as im going on holiday this week in it YAR HOO its going perfect!!!! :D 

orggti

well tho nobody cares about me gloating about my holiday it went well thank you. We traveled all round highway 35 roundd the east cape, fantastic, like going back to the 70s really. Amazing senery and roads, hardly any cars, saw one cop going other direction. Audi went perfectly used bugger all oil and fuel. I unfortunatly fitted the modifyed ECU and because i couldnt get any 98 fuel it pinked its brains out if i tryed to floor it. It still flew passed any trucks i had to over take tho. Also unfortunately one of my newish rear shocks blew out and leaked and spent the rest of the journey banging away in the rear. I think maybe they were euro sport shocks and they arnt ideal for our NZ conditions where we load up the boot stick 80 litres of gas on top then go bouncing over our roads. So im going to get pedders to sort out the rear of my car cause they build shocks for new zealand and aussy.

orggti

wilco

Jem that trip around the Cape is a goody alright. Did it a few years back and I used to live an hour north of Napier towards Wairoa so the first bit especially is my old test track.  Originally bought the 914 just for that bit of road.
Bad luck with the shocks.  If it makes any difference in my 200T FWD sedan I used Jamex springs for 35mm lower and KYB's.  Had them on for about 2 years before I sold the car and never had any hassles.  Transformed the car's handling, esp at higher (100km, officer....) speeds. Made a huge difference too when I went to 16x7's; just seemd to complete the package. Still dragged its a$$ though when loaded up like you say, despite the Jamex being tight and supposedly progressive.

Oooch 80ltrs of gas in one hit is expensive these days isnt it??  Can remember not too long ago when I'd go right around the South Island on not much more than that.

orggti

oh i thought it was only the avants that had the self leveling suspension that runs off the power steer pump. My old avant had had that all taken out tho as its to expencive to repair for most folks.
And Wilco id love to kit out my 200tq with new springs as well as shocks in fact i think im going to have to buy springs too or it will be a waste of time. i think i will go pedders tho as they are designed and valved to nz conditions and i recon there as good as excpencive euro stuff and they give me trade price and a garantee so im sold.

orggti