door lock led not working

Started by -----, October 13, 2007, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-----

recently my door lock led on the mk4 was working sometimes and then others not, now it has completely stopped for the past two weeks. Is it just a faulty led or possibly a fuse.
also have noticed a problem with the passenger side door locking. when using the door lock button next to the electric window operating buttons on the drivers side all doors lock except the passenger side. is there a problem with the door lock mechanism in this door which effects the led flashing.
2003 MK4 Jetta VR6 24V 4M S/C - Sold
1999 MK4 Golf GTI Oettinger - Sold

HaNs

First check voltage top the LED to make sure its getting/not getting power.

Do you have remote locking on the car? Does that work?

Does the passenger door sound like its trying to lock? or not?

-----

all doors do lock via alarm remote, and when trying to lock door using door lock button on the inside there is the sound of the door trying to lock

dimistyle

Hey sounds like the problems I had with our old 1999 Jap import Passat.

LED indicates all doors are locked so when one door mechanism does not close the LED should not flash.

I ended up getting the passanger door lock mechanism replaced under warrantee with the 2001 version by Giltraps which also removed the use of the key lock.  :-X

If you get a VAG Com scan it will show what door is not operating correctly.

No other simple answer, but there is a write up on www.passatworld.com about replacing microswitches on the door locks if your inclinded to do your own repairs. :-\

Good luck, door mechanisim is like $400 buck alone without labour. :'(

-----

cheers for the help, that does explain whats going on.

found this link, outlines poor soldering on original door lock modules as a common problem on early mark 4's, will try and give this a go next weekend. has anyone else has this problem

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1542461

-----

thought i might update this. spent the better part of yesterday arvo attempting to fix my door locking modules as outlined in the link above. After i finished and put it all back together the red led on the drivers door worked, great i thought but the passengers side door would now not lock at all.  >:(
after taking the day off today i went out to platinum and bought a new locking module (one of the newer quite ones) fitted it this morning and now its all sweet, all doors lock and drivers side red led works again. ;D

dimistyle

Sometimes it's just easier in the long run to install a new part rather than spend copious amount of time mucking around with dud parts. Time vs $$$ factor

Did the new locking mechanism have a key access or non-keyed, as when I swapped mine I ended up with a passanger door barrel that could not be connected. so I just left the barrel there for cosmetics.

Good to hear all sorted now thou'

-----

the new locking mechanism has key access, the way the barrel holder pops out i thought about getting some rear door ones to use on the front. cheap keyless doors ;D