RS4 mods on the way!

Started by R32 Simon, October 16, 2007, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R32 Simon

Just thought i would give an update on my RS4 tuning mods.

I have just ordered a chip from MRC tuning in the UK, after all the research i have done they seem to be the best around for the RS4, they also do the Miltek system without the cats and pre cats, so basically its a full race system from the turbo and sounds like a v-tec on steroids!  >:D

Trofeo

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on October 16, 2007, 09:35:43 AM
Just thought i would give an update on my RS4 tuning mods.

I have just ordered a chip from MRC tuning in the UK, after all the research i have done they seem to be the best around for the RS4, they also do the Miltek system without the cats and pre cats, so basically its a full race system from the turbo and sounds like a v-tec on steroids!  >:D

saweet!! can't wait for a drive  :P

Currently it goes really well, but it wasn't quite the animal i expected. I guess being a much bigger car than mine, and with the smooth V6 it masks the fact that you're going a lot (read a LOT) faster than you think... I guess that's one of the problems car makers find these days, in that the cars handle so well, and are so incredibly refined, that in order to create that thrill for the driver,they need 450Hp plus!! I expect with the chip and exhaust you'll be getting close to that figure??

2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

RS ZWEI

Simon, on the weekend in the UK Matt (my brother) went to 2 rides in 2 MRC tuned B5 S4s round a race track (cant remember which one), one of them was fitted with K04s and was developing 440BHP.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

djrisk

Is the chip you are getting pretuned for the aftermarket exhaust? if not you will need a retune once the exhaust goes on...
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

R32 Simon

I agree Brent, 380 BHP feels tame these days, you feel so safe in the RS4, then you look at the speed and its "Oh F&*K"

I have been told by MRC that they design the chip for the full race exhaust & K&N panel filter, i am also getting the front fog light grills (10 BHP!) All up they reckon its around 475 BHP give or take, MRC say the turbos spool up much quicker and the 0-100 times are around the 4 second mark  >:D, but he said i would be most impressed by the mid range, 600nm!!!!!!! And from 70-250 it?s a mad man!!!  :police:

Turbo

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on October 16, 2007, 12:47:28 PM
I agree Brent, 380 BHP feels tame these days, you feel so safe in the RS4, then you look at the speed and its "Oh F&*K"

I have been told by MRC that they design the chip for the full race exhaust & K&N panel filter, i am also getting the front fog light grills (10 BHP!) All up they reckon its around 475 BHP give or take, MRC say the turbos spool up much quicker and the 0-100 times are around the 4 second mark  >:D, but he said i would be most impressed by the mid range, 600nm!!!!!!! And from 70-250 it?s a mad man!!!  :police:

awesome
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

feelou

I recommend to have the ECU done at a really good tuner. My first RS4 (in Europe) had only Stage 1 by Sportec (chip, admission) and developed 440hp and 595Nm. The power was truly scary, and the best thing was that the car lost none of its smoothness.

Other modified RS4's I've driven didn't have that smoothness: torque coming in lumps, slight drops mid-way through the rev range, running out of steam at 5500, etc.

I must say that car by Sportec was by far the most impressive I ever owned. If I had to do it again today, I'd ship them the ECU - takes 1 week to come back but you have an RS4 tuned by someone who has tuned 300 other RS4's: no 'trial and error'.

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

dubstar

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Period_Correct_

Quote from: dubstar on October 16, 2007, 04:37:05 PM
In your 16v NA Jetta? ;D :D ;D :D ;D

sarcasms not 1 of your strong points aye....  ;D :D ;D :D
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

R32 Simon

Quote from: feelou on October 16, 2007, 04:19:25 PM
I recommend to have the ECU done at a really good tuner. My first RS4 (in Europe) had only Stage 1 by Sportec (chip, admission) and developed 440hp and 595Nm. The power was truly scary, and the best thing was that the car lost none of its smoothness.

Other modified RS4's I've driven didn't have that smoothness: torque coming in lumps, slight drops mid-way through the rev range, running out of steam at 5500, etc.

I must say that car by Sportec was by far the most impressive I ever owned. If I had to do it again today, I'd ship them the ECU - takes 1 week to come back but you have an RS4 tuned by someone who has tuned 300 other RS4's: no 'trial and error'.

Thanks for that Feelou.

I have spent over a month now trying to find the best tuning, I did look at the Sportec chip along with the MTM, on RS246.com everybody who has gone to MRC cant say enough about them and there tunning for the RS4, smooth all the way through and they don?t boost the hell out of the turbos, I am going for the Sportec grills for the intercoolers though  ;D

beeker

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on October 16, 2007, 06:21:26 PM
Thanks for that Feelou.

I have spent over a month now trying to find the best tuning, I did look at the Sportec chip along with the MTM, on RS246.com everybody who has gone to MRC cant say enough about them and there tunning for the RS4, smooth all the way through and they don?t boost the hell out of the turbos, I am going for the Sportec grills for the intercoolers though  ;D

Will they take local RR dyno plots and tune it further to local petrol ?
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Turbo

Quote from: beeker on October 16, 2007, 06:47:24 PM
Will they take local RR dyno plots and tune it further to local petrol ?

you getting itchy feet beeker?
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

RS ZWEI

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on October 16, 2007, 06:21:26 PM
Thanks for that Feelou.

It was Doug The MRC UK guy whos S4 Matt went in. Some guy came upto them in the car, told Doug he must be a good driver cos be couldnt keep up in his stage 3 AMD tuned RS4. This Doug bloke seems to think its more to do with the MRC map than his driving ;)
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

beeker

Quote from: Turbo on October 16, 2007, 07:43:11 PM
you getting itchy feet beeker?

its the fear of a $15k repair bill that keeps me on stock boost!
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

mtk

Sounds like it will be a real flyer Simon
By how will it affect your insurance premiums? x2 ?

R32 Simon

Just had the RS4 ECU done by Kurt at Chip tunning, figures quoted are  >:D 440 BHP, I must admit it?s F*&king quick now, I mean crap your pants quick  :police: the difference is unbelievable! Still waiting on the down pipes and full system.

Turbo

awesome.

where did you order the exhaust from?

R32 Simon

Getting the DP's from Miltek through MRC with no cats and a supersprint cat back system, going to buy the 710 dv from Giltraps tomorrow.

Turbo

Quote from: RS4 Bliss on December 10, 2007, 05:27:15 PM
Getting the DP's from Miltek through MRC with no cats and a supersprint cat back system, going to buy the 710 dv from Giltraps tomorrow.

what were the shipping costs if you don't mind me asking?

and why did you decide on supersprint over milltek?