TradeMe again: V8 time....

Started by 1oldAudi, April 20, 2005, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1oldAudi

Oh if only i'd some spare cash (and room for another project)....

but the parts guy at Giltraps warned me i just do not want to get into one of these, a 4.2 is the answer.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=25829316

more info on this model:

http://www.audiworld.com/model/historical.html

beeker

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

hartster

what was the Giltrap guy's main concerns about these cars? reliability? cost of parts? would appreciate some clues.

Pushbutton_auto

Re parts guy, I would like to hear his objections also.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

1oldAudi

Ok it was the last time i visited, picking up spares for the current 'project' ie some of the suspension bushes that Continentals didn't have ( for my '89 2.2 100) and i did the usual small talk thing as you do when you are a hobby car guy with these folk. I said i sooooo wanted a V8 version (hey sorry i'm from Kumeu, Huapai, NorWest Aucks (Westie territory) so a V8 is the right kind of animal) but the parts guy's reaction was; "Oh no you DO NOT want one of those early V8s there a few around in the country but very expensive for parts, getting old now and well the 4.2 is a way better design". I didn't press him for more info at the time but i wish i had now.

veedubtom

Sorry for post jackin, but where in Kumeu? Im in Helensville so you may have seen me passing through in the Benz

1oldAudi

Huapai...what colour is the 190e?

hartster

re the V8, that's pretty much what i would have expected. when the seller says "Only five like this in the country" it doesn't exactly bode well for parts at the scrappy, does it! will be interesting to see if anyone bids - theres been precious little bidding on the older quattros recently - the one i bought a few weeks ago i got for well below the reserve price... a lot of car for the money thats for sure.

veedubtom

Re colour, its a black one, cossie kit, AMG wheels, see our cars page 6 from memory

Pushbutton_auto

to 1 oldaudi, you the guy who had the 200 turbo for sale a couple of months ago ?

1oldAudi

Hi Pushbutton_auto.... nope i was trying to find a home for my 100 but with one thing and another have decided to keep it for now, especially since i'm overhauling the front suspension....

wilco

Contrary to the parts guy at Conti's I've been told the 3.6 V8 is the one to get.  It revs better, sounds nicer and generally easier to work on.  The 3.6's are, in basic speak, a couple of 1.8ltr Golf motors squished together.  Thus a lot of internals are similar if not the same including the head castings etc. 

As far as "they are getting old nowadays" the parts guy is talking to the wrong group!  Older Audi dont get old...they just get better.

$9k is a good price, wonder what his reserve is?  About 3yrs ago I was looking at one in Whangaparoa for $16k or so from memory. Was looking at updating my 200T.  This one look tidy - pity gas is a buck thirty plus and isnt going to go down for a while.

tempq18t

Quote from: benzboy on April 22, 2005, 07:33:25 PM
Re colour, its a black one, cossie kit, AMG wheels, see our cars page 6 from memory

I am originally from out Riverhead, my brother likes in Kaukapakapa, drives a Blue 1985 911 Carerra which you might see in your travels
I cruise out everynow and then, Silver A4 1.8T Q,

Pushbutton_auto

tempq18t

We never owned any V8's though, all 4 cyclinder Fiat's Alfa's and Lancia's to start, now Porsche and Audi have stolen the show

1.8t

I spotted one of these today, black, looked to be in really nice condition.

Quite a rare car it seems!
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

RoscoNZ

Teabag

im in muriwai haev u seen me passing thru forest green a4 0n deepdish chromes

Pushbutton_auto

Quote from: wilco on April 26, 2005, 10:06:35 AM
  This one look tidy - pity gas is a buck thirty plus and isnt going to go down for a while.

Do you remember, wow 1.30 a litre   :)

I remember mine (98) was a 1.20 and the missus was 1.15 and she was always wondering why I paid more, " Its what my car likes, darling"   :-*

BB

We now dream of gas being $1.30 a liter!
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?