Mint RS2

Started by WRURQ, October 30, 2007, 09:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spooln

Ha ha saw that one also. Looks great dosent it?
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

SimonS2

Glad to hear you're keeping the RS2 Simon. I guess the issue is this would only go to a fanatic, of which there may not be many in NZ who don't already have an RS2.

'Restoring' should not be a big deal at all: I've gone through this with my S2 over the last 6 years (I know it's not worth it on an S2, but I never plan to sell it so who cares  ;D).

First off replacing all the stuff you'd expect to be tired after 12 years is easy, as most parts are still available new, and not particularly expensive.

The question is, do you make some improvements to make up for the deficiencies your car had when it rolled off the production line? There's a few things off the top of my head that would be hard to live without:
-solid top-mounts for the struts.
-Powerflex or similar bushes.
-Perhaps firmer suspension all round.
-Decent ss exhaust.
-Silicone hoses (the rubber intake and water hoses will be getting tired).
-Revised ECU (unless you love old-school lag).
-Perhaps a more modern turbo.
-Short shift kit.

I've had Ray Hassler paint nearly every panel on my car, apart from the roof. This was to fix a couple of parking dings, plus stone chips, and minor fade in a couple of places. We haven't always heard good things about that spray shop on this forum, however I did point out that I'm fussy as hell, and always got good results... I rate all the work they did for me.

I would recommend Arrow Wheels: they have refurbished my RS2 replicas twice now with filling, straightening, and re-spray.

Only issue I have now is, as noted in some comments here, it becomes a hassle to drive every day. In town it's a pain to keep getting little parking dings and scratches. I'm mostly driving my 35 year old Benz barge in town now.

spooln

Quote from: SimonS2 on November 05, 2007, 10:31:00 AM
I'm mostly driving my 35 year old Benz barge in town now.

Good plan. Its a shame when you need a rent a dent due to others behaviour.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

SimonS2

'70s Benz designed for US market I reckon: big rubber strips on chrome bumbers and side lines, so no worries in a parking building. Also, no plastic, like the S2 bumpers, which split and/or fall off (I've been through 3 so far  :-[.

R32 Simon

Thanks Simon, i have now sold the RS2 to a fanatic who will hopefully restore the car.

Period_Correct_

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on November 06, 2007, 10:49:38 PM
Thanks Simon, i have now sold the RS2 to a fanatic who will hopefully restore the car.

i though you were keen on keeping it, did he offer you top $$$$$
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

RS ZWEI

Quote from: RS2/4 Simon on November 06, 2007, 10:49:38 PM

Well done Simon, are they on VASK or do they know about VASK?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GTI's

I thought it would have sold a lot quicker! Being so rare and Black.

R32 Simon

Yes it is to a VASK member, and yes i will regret selling it  :'( and yes i think i got a reasonable price. The only reason i sold was the VASK member who bought the RS2 will really look after it and will truly enjoy the car, well done (and now i can the RS4 done!)

RS ZWEI

Please stand up the purchaser of Simons RS2 :)
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

GlenT

WRURQ

Yes thought long and hard about it and decided that I have had the RS Cosworth and Integrale and they spend/spent too much time in the garage mainly because they were in such good condition with low KM's and I wanted to keep them that way but in many ways is such a waste. Decided that I should sell my two Cars and get back to one daily driver that I can enjoy every time I drive not just occasionally and given it will be driven the condition was not as important, I can improve this over time and Simon did me a great deal on the price so can't complain about that. Thanks Simon.

GlenT

That Grale looks so fine.
Shame it's not black, otherwise I'd be pulling out the credit card.

WRURQ

Thanks Glen, dont say that you'll make me want to keep hold of it!! Have a very keen potential buyer in WLG so could be sold very soon!

ritmo

That grale is most certainly hot.

Potential buyer in Wellington? I don't suppose his name is Colin?

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 80seq on November 07, 2007, 06:37:55 PM
Yes thought long and hard about it and decided that I have had the RS Cosworth and Integrale and they spend/spent too much time in the garage mainly because they were in such good condition with low KM's and I wanted to keep them that way but in many ways is such a waste. Decided that I should sell my two Cars and get back to one daily driver that I can enjoy every time I drive not just occasionally and given it will be driven the condition was not as important, I can improve this over time and Simon did me a great deal on the price so can't complain about that. Thanks Simon.

Well done. Are you enjoying the RS2?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

le mans

Hi, does anyone know anything about this RS2 on trademe? The seller is in Wellington.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Audi/auction-124642137/k-202715.htm

RS ZWEI

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

WRURQ

Good news now sold the 525i daily driver and the Integrale so colecting Simon's RS2 tomorow. This has to be the quickest I have ever sold any Car's and the Integrale is the only Car I have actually made some money on!!! Good news is I end up with $10,000 left over to spend on the RS2 cosmetically. Will be sad to see the Lancia go great Car.....