B5 1.8TQ sedan differences question

Started by Filx, April 23, 2005, 01:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filx

Hi team

Out of interest what are the "mechanical" differences between say a '97 B5 1.8TQ and a '00 (B5.5???) 1.8TQ sedan? Sorry for the vague question, to qualify this a little I mean things like revised suspension, brakes, turbo, engine internals/externals (e.g intercooler, etc) and things like that.

Any info much appreciated  :)
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

carlos

I think the main difference was that the B5 was 150 hp standard, and the B5.5 180. I recall that the 5.5's (as you call them) had a red stripe on the 'T' part of the 1.8T logo on the rear to distinguish them.......

beeker

The late 00 got alu suspension components, updated dash/onterior, 4x airbags, fog lights, 180hp, alarm/immobliser, etc
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Filx

Many thanks guys! Just spent 2 days in a '97 A4 TQ and was generally quite impressed - although sounds like the later ones had a reasonable amount of "tweaks". interesting  ;)

Got a pic of this one in the snow at Turoa yesterday but don't seem to be able to attach it?

Cheers

tempq18t

I have had my '97 A4TQ for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it to drive, they are awesome on gravel - once I learnt how it handled the surface.
I would love to drive a newer version to compare as my missus wants me to upgrade to the Avante so might as well go newer.

When did the higher HP take effect ?

ja

Quote from: Filx on April 26, 2005, 07:22:38 PM
Many thanks guys! Just spent 2 days in a '97 A4 TQ and was generally quite impressed - although sounds like the later ones had a reasonable amount of "tweaks". interesting? ;)

Got a pic of this one in the snow at Turoa yesterday but don't seem to be able to attach it?

Cheers

Did you try clicking the 'Additional Options' button in the post window?

Filx

Did you try clicking the additional Option's button in the post window?

Yeah I think that's what I did from memory. I'll try again...........

[attachment deleted by admin]

Filx

Hey whadda ya know - it worked  ;)

Not a bad image actually if I do say so myself - taken on a Smartphone3 as well.

That is a friends A4 at Anzac weekend halfway up the road to Turoa - quattro weather that day  ;D