Passat 4Motion...................

Started by carlos, May 01, 2005, 06:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlos

Had a look at a NZ new 2001 4Motion 2.8 today. After that I had a look at Passats for sale on TradeMe and on the main dealers websites, and was left confused over specs and the like. Some of them included descriptions of extras like ESP, auto light dimmers, fog lamps, heated seats, cruise control etc. etc.etc. and more significantly, some were described as Tiptronic, while others as Auto transmission. Was there a huge range of optional extras offered on Passats in NZ, or are they all pretty much the same, model for model? Is there any website the equivalent of audiworld.com for VW's where you can download specs for each model year?

chocolatelustboy

as far as I've been able to work out - heated seats and cruise control are definitely an Option. On the new Passat they also include things like side mirrors that automatically adjust their angle when you are reversing but not sure when this feature was introduced.
Checked the photos on TradeMe - definitely is a difference between Automatic and Tiptronic so you probably just need to check with the dealer selling the car - but I haven't come across non-Tiptronic autos for the Syncro / 4Motion.

dimistyle

Face lift model Passats usually 2001.5 onwards have the optional ESP, fogs, auto light dimmers. This is known as the B5.5 checkout http://www.passatworld.com.

Previous models the B5 did not have these options, but heated seats, mirrors, rear side windows, folding mirrors where options available.

Most NZ and jap imports have Tiptronic, 4 or 5 speed there are a few manuals.
4motion is only available on the 2.8 not the 1.8Turbo, unlike the Audi Quattros.

Happy shopping.....