New memeber to VASK - VR6 HIGHLINE.

Started by Omes, January 16, 2008, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwihigh

As another note on the Rotary motor the 10a was orignally used in a motor bike  >:D
Think it was suzuki  but cant remember watched a vid on youtube a while back..
BUILT not bought

Rocketscott

Quote from: kiwihigh on January 19, 2008, 01:52:10 PM
As another note on the Rotary motor the 10a was orignally used in a motor bike  >:D
Think it was suzuki  but cant remember watched a vid on youtube a while back..
MAN I WANT ONE! the Motorbike was called the Suzuki RE5  heare a link for more info about it 62hp on a Motorbike wolud fly espicaly when it was made http://www.suzukicycles.org/RE5/RE5-Rotary.shtml

kiwihigh

Quote from: Rocketscott on January 19, 2008, 06:06:23 PM
MAN I WANT ONE! the Motorbike was called the Suzuki RE5  heare a link for more info about it 62hp on a Motorbike wolud fly espicaly when it was made http://www.suzukicycles.org/RE5/RE5-Rotary.shtml

:laugh: yea thats the one...
Imagine a sitting on a J-port rotor while idling  :-\  :D
BUILT not bought

veedubman

Quote from: kiwihigh on January 19, 2008, 06:56:13 PM
:laugh: yea thats the one...
Imagine a sitting on a J-port rotor while idling  :-\  :D

Vasectomy in the shape of a Rotarised Suzu!

SteveC

Hercules and Norton also built wankel engined bikes, the motorway cops used the Nortons in the UK

I thought that Munch might have made a RO80 powered bike, but I could only find the Mammoth, their 1200cc NSU 4 cyl powered bike

89Golfer

Quote from: SteveC on January 22, 2008, 01:50:01 PM
Hercules and Norton also built wankel engined bikes, the motorway cops used the Nortons in the UK

Quote from: Rocketscott on January 19, 2008, 12:46:58 AM
Actualy NSU/Auto Union developed the Rotary Engine and sold it to Mazda cool eh?

I knew Herr Wankel started this rotary business... did he work for Auto union / Audi?
85 Nissan Exa, 89 Subaru Leone Gtxi,
85 Honda Civic, 89 Volkswagen Golf (digi)
92 Volkswagen 2NF Polo "Steilheck"

Da Original GTI

>:DGuys why dont we just have a trackday at Pukekohe or a 1/4mile at meremere and call it "Euro vs Jap" day? >:D

Angle

Quote from: Da Original GTI on February 29, 2008, 09:40:00 AM
>:DGuys why dont we just have a trackday at Pukekohe or a 1/4mile at meremere and call it "Euro vs Jap" day? >:D

Because we'd all come in last  :D

Da Original GTI

Quote from: AngleBox on February 29, 2008, 09:49:44 AM
Because we'd all come in last  :D
;DNo faith in your vw dude? With alot of our new projects rolling thru im quite sure we would give them a hard time...The pre race at the A1gp in Durban had a BMW M3 and the Skyline GTR R34 racing-guess who won? BMW by almost 1/4 of a lap. :laugh:

Period_Correct_

Quote from: Da Original GTI on February 29, 2008, 09:57:21 AM
;DNo faith in your vw dude? With alot of our new projects rolling thru im quite sure we would give them a hard time...The pre race at the A1gp in Durban had a BMW M3 and the Skyline GTR R34 racing-guess who won? BMW by almost 1/4 of a lap. :laugh:

not bad, i heard the skyline was driving in reverse  :laugh:
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Angle

Not quite what we'd see on the track day. There are a few quick cars in the club, but if Greg's Honda car club attended and VASK attended, we'd represent the rear guard, hands down. I don't drive a VW cause it's going to be quickest, I just like it - the sounds, smell and personality.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: AngleBox on February 29, 2008, 10:23:43 AM
Not quite what we'd see on the track day. There are a few quick cars in the club, but if Greg's Honda car club attended and VASK attended, we'd represent the rear guard, hands down.

Not quite. It comes down a lot to the amount of money you though at a car.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Angle

I apologise for this getting a bit off track, but name a stock VW car that will manage an Integra R (dollar for dollar). Yes, VW and Audi put out a few high-performance cars, but typically we're not in the hunt when compared to a similarly modified Honda Civic. Weight, balance and dated suspension typically hold the VW group back.

And your right Nick, money and modifications put a lot of grey into the equation, but as a blanket mild modified (suspension, cai, chip) comparison the Japanese contingent has it. In terms of smoothness, polish, sound dampening, 'solid feel' and quality (not reliability) the VW have it.

R32 vs STI vs EVO - that is a good clean look at how VW stacks up. Good and capable, but last in all out performance and first in a whole lot of other areas.

Period_Correct_

its hard to compare a vw to a type R. but put the Seat Leon Cupra R against it.... hehehehe i know which 1 i'd choose to win. do you?
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Period_Correct_

5-pot

I think dollar-for-dollar, the type r will leave the vag in it's dust.  In all honesty.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Period_Correct_

Quote from: 5-pot on February 29, 2008, 12:43:53 PM
I think dollar-for-dollar, the type r will leave the vag in it's dust.  In all honesty.

yea true... i just really like the cupra R

Da Original GTI

::) Id have to strongly disagree-we had a thing called the GSI Super boss and it ate Type R's for breakfast, lunch and supper with desert added. Opel is good and is also Euro-i also know that there are quite a few quick cars (vw) that give most types of hondas a really hard time.(south africa is really more advanced when it comes to modifying NA cars.) Thats my 2c. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Filx

I wonder what the comparison would be like on a real road - something with some bumps, gravel or damp patches scattered at random and nasty off camber corners? Actually I wonder what their Norsdchleife times are like - anyone know? But I love them both though - the E90 M3 is sex and the GTR is a ROM upgrade away from crushing most exotics.

In the end though I think I'm a bit like AngleBox - I just like VWs and who really cares if they're faster or slower? You learn over time you don't have to be the fastest to have the most fun.  :P
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Da Original GTI

I just like VWs and who really cares if they're faster or slower? You learn over time you don't have to be the fastest to have the most fun.  :P
[/quote]
:laugh: I suppose in a way if you never had a VW as your first car then the "love" is not really love then-i also enjoy driving my car and at times enjoy putting it through the corners-but its also nice to know if your engine and drivetrain are still up to scratch(not talking about general servicing) cos lets face it most of us have cars that are pre 1990's right? :laugh: