New memeber to VASK - VR6 HIGHLINE.

Started by Omes, January 16, 2008, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omes

Hi fellow VDub fans,  i thought i should sort my self out and finally join VASK!

Ive actually been on and off the VASK site for the last 3 years after seeing a little mention in 'Performance VW' mag back then when i was in England, knowing i was going to move to NZ and ship over my beloved VR6 Highline i thought i'd check out the site and what a good'n it is too!

Great to hear there's a good helthy VDub following over here!  Im a Vdub nut myself, my first car being a MK3 Golf Gti Colour Concept which i owned for 4years and now my second and current car Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline.
'77 MK1 Golf GTI - Current restoration project

'89 MK2 Golf GTI 8V - Fully restored

'97 MK3 Golf VR6 Highline - Supercharged

'06 MK5 Golf GTI DSG - Family daily duties

Pristle

Period_Correct_

welcome mate... fill out the required threads, in the members intro, mk3 forums...

and i agree 100%, less is more  ;)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

RS ZWEI

Welcome to the forum.

Is your VR6 a 3 door? Any mods? Any pics?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

old4130

Welcome to NZ & VASK !

Always nice to have another Mk3 fan here  :D

Would have loved to have a Mk3 Colour Concept, but they never came here AFAIK
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

Omes

Thanks Pristle, Nastnas and Golfboy666gti :-)  be good if i colud spell member eh!

Its a 5 door, i guess i kinda like not having people move my seat everytime when entering / exiting the rear seats!  I still reckon the c-pillar looks alot more phat (wider) than that of the 3 door. Anyone agree or disagree? plus thinking ahead for when me and the missus have a nipper ;-)

honestly, when i saw this 5door highline private sale in Wimbledon outside of London i knew it was the one.

Ive got a few pics but i really wana get some decent ones via a digital SLR, those things work wonders!

Anyone in the Auckland area up for a VDUB relaxed meet up down the pub or something!? Be nice to check out eachothers cars.

Omes

Hi X130R Ive never seen a colour concept Golf Gti MK3 here in NZ myself.  Here was mine.....

Omes

rambo_005

Omes

i loved them recaros mate, they came with 'colour concept' imprinted on them.... Nice!

Omes

one more....  i'll eventually get round to uploading pics of the VR6 Highline.

DubMan

gti vr6

Nice car, keen to see photos of the highline.
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

Omes

Quote from: gti vr6 on January 17, 2008, 06:09:17 AM
Nice car, keen to see photos of the highline.

nice one GTi VR6, im loving your project car, it looks to be coming along fine and nice thread to boot mate!
You and John (VERT1 am i right!?) are doing a nice tidy job!

Ive put up some pics of the Highline in 'members cars' - the day she arrived here from England this time last year and some more current pics.

Be cool for our two Golf's to meet up one day!  :laugh:

anyone up for a cruise one day - show them 'jap crap' fans what proper cars are all about!  :laugh:

gti vr6

Quote from: VR6 HIGHLINE on January 17, 2008, 11:51:41 AM
nice one GTi VR6, im loving your project car, it looks to be coming along fine and nice thread to boot mate!
You and John (VERT1 am i right!?) are doing a nice tidy job!

Ive put up some pics of the Highline in 'members cars' - the day she arrived here from England this time last year and some more current pics.

Be cool for our two Golf's to meet up one day!  :laugh:

anyone up for a cruise one day - show them 'jap crap' fans what proper cars are all about!  :laugh:

Thanks mate, yes your right. I'd be keen on checking your car out and going for a cruise/blast.You should come to the next Pukekohe open day and have a go on the track.
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

Rocketscott

Quote from: VR6 HIGHLINE on January 17, 2008, 11:51:41 AM

i wolud love too if i lived in Auckland im sick of all my work mates mocking euros and think jap crap is better lol

Rocketscott

Quote from: Rocketscott on January 17, 2008, 05:52:16 PM
i wolud love too if i lived in Auckland im sick of all my work mates mocking Euros and think jap crap is better lol

Omes

Quote from: Rocketscott on January 17, 2008, 05:53:01 PM

Its an intresting on going topic on an international scale, same vibes in England mate!  You basically gota see it like this, when it comes down to the Euro vs Japanese cars - The Japanese have come up with some legendary cars (all be it damn ugly) like the mazda rx rotary engine, BUT, the Germans have done better than that ten fold, hmmm let me thinks now!? - Porsche, the bug!?, Audi, BMW, Merc.... all have created from the day go the best engineered and best looking cars and the fact is that Japanese manufacturers still and always are trying to keep up with European design and Engineering (err look at the so called badged Honda Accord 'Euro'  how sad!)  :laugh:

Simply hop over to Japan, Korea, China and all the rich people (or have people with taste) all want and drive European cars - nuff said  ;D

Rocketscott

Quote from: VR6 HIGHLINE on January 18, 2008, 08:49:55 AM
Its an intresting on going topic on an international scale, same vibes in England mate!  You basically gota see it like this, when it comes down to the Euro vs Japanese cars - The Japanese have come up with some legendary cars (all be it damn ugly) like the mazda rx rotary engine, BUT, the Germans have done better than that ten fold, hmmm let me thinks now!? - Porsche, the bug!?, Audi, BMW, Merc.... all have created from the day go the best engineered and best looking cars and the fact is that Japanese manufacturers still and always are trying to keep up with European design and Engineering (err look at the so called badged Honda Accord 'Euro'  how sad!)  :laugh:

Simply hop over to Japan, Korea, China and all the rich people (or have people with taste) all want and drive European cars - nuff said  ;D
Actualy NSU/Auto Union developed the Rotary Engine and sold it to Mazda cool eh? NSU was acquired by Volkswagen in 1969, VW merged the company with Auto Union to eventually evolve into Audi as it is known today. the Rotary is an amasing motor and i have a lot of respect for it too bad its in an ugly body shell Although the older RX7'S and the new RX8's are not so bad.

Omes

Actualy NSU/Auto Union developed the Rotary Engine and sold it to Mazda cool eh? NSU was acquired by Volkswagen in 1969, VW merged the company with Auto Union to eventually evolve into Audi as it is known today. the Rotary is an amasing motor and i have a lot of respect for it too bad its in an ugly body shell Although the older RX7'S and the new RX8's are not so bad.

[/quote]

Cool, i never knew that!  Well there you go, can learn something new everyday!

Plus the rotary engine needs servicing every couple of miles!! haahaaaa!