bad dyno day

Started by foyboy, May 08, 2005, 06:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foyboy

On Saturday I went out to Torque Performance because NZ car proformance was having a dyno day. I dont usually read it but; it was in the smoko room at work. At the last dyno day an audi s2 had the most power at 178 kw. so i decided to go and see how must power my A4 QT had, just for fun.

I got there, signed up and waited and watched. there were lots of evos, skylines and subarus. it didnt take long till it was my turn. they drove it on the the dyno set up the lengh and then there was a problem.

The guy came and told me that they couldnt run it because they couldnt get the tow mount covers off. I was like dam, so me thinking they knew what they were talking left without questioning them.

On the drive home I ran over somthing, I looked back and it was the tow mount cover. After running back to get them, I wondered if they are so hard to get out why did they just fall out.

So what i want to know is why couldnt they run my car. Has anyone had one done on there car?

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

orggti

I can only imagine that they tried to remove them but didnt know the exact teqnique and after prying around abit they loosened them but still couldnt get anything in the gap to pry them out, the clips may have poped loose tho. Then not wanting to chip the paint and have you complain they said sorry no can do. Then on your drive home the twisting and vibration of driving allowed them to wiggle free and fall out. Not everything is a conspiracy of thick morons trying to spoil your fun, cars are tricky little bitches.   

foyboy

I was just wondering if they were unable to hook it in maybe because the hook would not fit, and they just couldn't be bothered telling me that because they thought i was a moron. :P

beeker

I've been there with my 01 A4 and my RS4.

They never used the front tie down on my A4, as it was recessed, and too much of an angle. Also, they never took the cover off, i did.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

orggti

Quote from: foyboy on May 08, 2005, 07:46:14 PM
I was just wondering if they were unable to hook it in maybe because the hook would not fit, and they just couldn't be bothered telling me that because they thought i was a moron. :P
I wouldnt have thought so but who knows, i know Dave who works there and have met the boss, i woulddnt think they would waste their time thinking people were morons. Im sure it was just a we dont want any problems situation.

SimonS2

That was my S2 in the last mag. I'm used to getting the cover off for the towing ring as I have towed the car a few times when working out 'bugs'. :-[
My cover just needs a bit of brute force to remove: guys at Torque left it for me to do as they were worried about breaking something (grab the wrong part and you might break some of the bumper mounts).

beeker

Quote from: SimonS2 on May 10, 2005, 10:08:24 AM
That was my S2 in the last mag. I'm used to getting the cover off for the towing ring as I have towed the car a few times when working out 'bugs'. :-[
My cover just needs a bit of brute force to remove: guys at Torque left it for me to do as they were worried about breaking something (grab the wrong part and you might break some of the bumper mounts).

I will note they scratched the levins passenger door when they left it open during the run and it caught the wall. Otherwise they have always been ok.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback