PROJECT CAR: Mk2 Jetta ABF Conversion

Started by Angle, March 30, 2008, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Angle

Love the way your rolling. She's in good hands. 8)

M M

Bought not built.

BB

Hmmm Well ill be darned then. Its just the way that one looks, it looks like it would flex before it would do much stiffening but I belive the before and after story ;)
I mean if it feels differnt and thats all you did it works!

Just like ball joint spacers do eh Noel, not as good as extenders for sure but they do make a difference. The arm swings over a differnt area and it stops the wheel being pulled inwards so much. :)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Nick

they are very stiff. i also have a omp (made in italy) front strut and that flexes a crap load more. i use a special engineering program that shows all the week points and puts the bar under huge pressure so i could design it well to do a good job. :)

Nick

didint like the vw caps eanymore so made some gti ones 8)

Nick

Angle

What I would like to buy off you is VW caps where the VW is raised, instead of lowered. Can you do that?

BB

Quote from: AngleBox on March 20, 2011, 01:15:46 PM
What I would like to buy off you is VW caps where the VW is raised, instead of lowered. Can you do that?

That so you have a stamp Dennis? :)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Angle

Quote from: BB on April 02, 2011, 02:03:30 PM
That so you have a stamp Dennis? :)

If they are being used as a stamp, I suppose I've written the car off!

M

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2011, 05:38:19 PM
just finished the first strut bar in alloy op you guys like them. i know i said they were going to cost $100 each sorry but they will be $150 each for mk2 and $180 for every over model.

cheers Nick

Are you still making these please Nick?
Too much power is almost enough.

andyc315

If anyone is interested, this car is now for sale in Northland.

Unfortunately it is a little rough around the edges cosmetically, but is still running well mechanically.

I have recently replaced the coilpack, plastic coolant flange, battery and 2 front tyres. It has also had new front pads 4 months ago and geometry adjustment at the same time as the front tyres.

WoF and rego to May 2017

Car will be listed on TradeMe shortly, but please PM for any info, I would prefer it to go to an enthusiast who will look after it properly!

andyc315

Quote from: andyc315 on March 29, 2017, 11:05:03 AM
If anyone is interested, this car is now for sale in Northland.

Unfortunately it is a little rough around the edges cosmetically, but is still running well mechanically.

I have recently replaced the coilpack, plastic coolant flange, battery and 2 front tyres. It has also had new front pads 4 months ago and geometry adjustment at the same time as the front tyres.

WoF and rego to May 2017

Car will be listed on TradeMe shortly, but please PM for any info, I would prefer it to go to an enthusiast who will look after it properly!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1291704107&ed=true

spooln

If you dont mind me azking what are the rough bits?
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

ranton-inc

I wonder what happened to Dennis' old cars because both are like Hot potatoes.. they just keep getting bought and sold Constantly... The 24V SC Jetta and this....

dave

Quote from: spooln on March 29, 2017, 12:48:37 PM

Missing jack point covers in side skirts etc

andyc315

Quote from: spooln on March 29, 2017, 12:48:37 PM

Jacking point covers are missing as said above.
Bumpers/exterior trims are a bit loose, I imagine they need new clips or some plastic welding, or both
Golf ball looking dent in the right C pillar

Paint is still surprisingly good for a car of this age though

andyc315

Quote from: ranton-inc on March 29, 2017, 02:25:53 PM
I wonder what happened to Dennis' old cars because both are like Hot potatoes.. they just keep getting bought and sold Constantly... The 24V SC Jetta and this....

I'm only selling due to going back to England in 7 weeks, otherwise it's done me well since I've owned it and I'd take it with me if it'd fit in my suitcase!

In the right hands it'd be an awesome little car again. Served me well as a daily driver. I've put 17000km on it after it'd been sat for a few months with the previous owner and only had a few niggles with it like the battery and coilpack.